Options

Scott berevement

Comments

• Options
    Gunner95Gunner95 Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Fair play to him for staying on the show.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZicoZ wrote: »

Wow! Each to their own and all that, but I certainly wouldn't be able to stay on a TV gameshow knowing my sister had just died. I find this all rather odd tbh!
  • Options
    marsheymarshey Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! Each to their own and all that, but I certainly wouldn't be able to stay on a TV gameshow knowing my sister had just died. I find this all rather odd tbh!

Agree 100%
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His sister???

He stayed??

Wow!

I was expecting a great uncle or great grandparent or something, but his sister in a shock fatality as well??
  • Options
    oldtimer55oldtimer55 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This must surely be a stepsister. No way would he be back in the house so quickly otherwise?
  • Options
    Nocturnal MumNocturnal Mum Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine he's talked it through with his family and they've judged this to be the right thing to do/ what she would have wanted, etc. Having Scott doing something he's been looking forward to for so long may be a comfort to them.
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no details but if it was due to a long term illness he might have prepared himself for this day
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised he stayed considering it was his sister :eek: I know everyone grieves in different ways but still....

Unless he's still in shock and as we all know Shock can make you do funny things ,perhaps when it sinks in his Sister has actually died :(he'll just want to get out of there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure not even the Daily Star would make this up...so that's pretty horrible...

They do go on to talk about ewwww nasty icky task eww lol which is in pretty poor taste. This has just totally confused my radar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Not the most reliable of media sources, and since he is choosing to keep the matter private and personal, the report may be substantially inaccurate.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    His sister???

He stayed??

Wow!

I was expecting a great uncle or great grandparent or something, but his sister in a shock fatality as well??

Yes that IS shocking that he only needed 3 hours to digest that news before coming back onto national tv.
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, so the only reason they didn't mention who it was, is so the Daily Star could profit from the reveal instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oldtimer55 wrote: »
    This must surely be a stepsister. No way would he be back in the house so quickly otherwise?

That would lessen the blow I guess, a step sister that maybe he didn't live with either?

I hope they correct it if they are wrong as it's looking terribly wrong at the moment with him back in there.
  • Options
    Nocturnal MumNocturnal Mum Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Star is owned by the owner of Channel 5 so I think it may be true- agree about the tone of it being a bit flippant.
  • Options
    couchpotato2011couchpotato2011 Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    no details but if it was due to a long term illness he might have prepared himself for this day

It says 'shock sudden death.'

Weird that he is still in there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    He's bloody weird if it is his sister,very cold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if it is his sister he has decided to go back in to say his goodbyes etc and will leave when it's the funeral?
  • Options
    Dorkus_Dorkus_ Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    achro wrote: »
    Ugh, so the only reason they didn't mention who it was, is so the Daily Star could profit from the reveal instead.

I think that comment is kind of in poor taste. Scott, himself, didn't mention who it was that died, I'm sure the producers of the show were respecting that.
  • Options
    oldtimer55oldtimer55 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would lessen the blow I guess, a step sister that maybe he didn't live with either?

I hope they correct it if they are wrong as it's looking terribly wrong at the moment with him back in there.

Got to be a stepsister, and probably one that he didn't live with as you suggested. Can't imagine that it's his biological sister.If that was the case then even if he was cold-hearted/insane enough to want to go straight back in the house, he would surely have been talked out of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but mines is that I don't think it's up to us to comment about how he should feel. Everybody deals with things in their own way and we don't know the background. Perhaps he feels the house is a cocoon for him at the moment. And we don't know how he gets on with his family either. He'll work things out in his own way and shouldn't be told' how to feel' or how to grieve. Just give him some space FGS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oldtimer55 wrote: »
    Got to be a stepsister, and probably one that he didn't live with as you suggested. Can't imagine that it's his biological sister.If that was the case then even if he was cold-hearted/insane enough to want to go straight back in the house, he would surely have been talked out of it.

Of maybe he was reluctant and the family talked him into it because it's what the sister would've wanted? Maybe she knew she was dying and expressed a wish for him to carry on in her memory?
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gunner95 wrote: »
    Wow. Fair play to him for staying on the show.
    "Fair play"? Really?
    I know we don't know the full facts yet but his decision to stay on the show - as well as the producers' decision to allow it - is, in my opinion, inappropriate to say the least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    "Fair play"? Really?
    I know we don't know the full facts yet but his decision to stay on the show - as well as the producers' decision to allow it - is, in my opinion, inappropriate to say the least.

I prefer to say its a brave call
  • Options
    SupersarahpSupersarahp Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm If it was my sister there is no way I would be in that house....but we don't know all the facts so yeah wait and see I guess.
  • Options
    andrewd_1984andrewd_1984 Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot believe people are passing judgement on this without knowing the full facts and circumstances.

Not one of us can comment on what we would have done because we have not been in that same situation. We can speculate, based on multiple possibilities, but, in unexpected instances, we wouldn't know how we'd react. Losing someone that close is a horrendous, life-changing event - I speak from unwelcome experience - but none of us are qualified to start criticising Adam when we don't know the full facts.