Katie Hopkins

Comments

• xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    Panto season is coming up

will someone book her as the Wicked Witch ?
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopklins makes me go :eek:.Then :D
    The woman's lift doesn't go to the top floor.
    The sad thing is that some of her comments have a grain of intelligence in them,but her method of delivery is dreadful and the miniscule sense she occasionally talks gets drowned out by her intense snobbery and self perceived superiority.
    She claims this need for intense straight talking,so "Katie babes ask Santa for a new nose because you are in no position to critique how anyone looks while sporting a conk like that".
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Net wrote: »
    It is but sadly when I was young we occupied ourselves by going outside to play all day every day during the holidays. Meanwhile today's children will get education. Sadly it will be sitting on their backsides staring at a phone or tablet. Exercise is as important as eating healthily.

Argos today launch their under a £100 tablet aimed at the tweenie market.

I don't agree with this whole 'kids today spend all their time sitting around playing in ipads, we were always sprinting around outside''. As a child I spent ample time running around, but also spent lots of time sitting on my backside watching doctor who and reading, but I was still whippet skinny as a kid. Kids cannot spend all their time outside exercising, like us, they need down time. Yes, my 4 and 6 year olds enjoy a spot of Angry Birds, they also love running rings around the garden, jumping on the trampoline and driving my lovely neighbours nuts kicking a ball into their garden at least twice a day! The rosy tinted view that we spent all our time outside playing tag as kids back in the day is not only unhelpful but it's not accurate. Times have changed somewhat but kids are still kids, and no matter how many sitting on bum activities there are, it's in their nature to be active.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holly always looks like she hates having Katie on the show and is suppressing the urge to give her a good slap lol :D
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly always looks like she hates having Katie on the show and is suppressing the urge to give her a good slap lol :D

Katie was being patronising and attacking Holly as a "soft" parent...because being a loving, thoughtful mother, who doesn't put done her children, is the sign of a soft, lefty, liberal.
    Holly's children will also have a playmate named Rex...Which Katie will not approve of. And she slated the name Bella, when Holly's daughter is Belle....She shows contempt to other women, while flirting with Philip.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie clear off get off our screens and take your big nose with you
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Hopklins makes me go :eek:.Then :D
    The woman's lift doesn't go to the top floor.
    The sad thing is that some of her comments have a grain of intelligence in them,but her method of delivery is dreadful and the miniscule sense she occasionally talks gets drowned out by her intense snobbery and self perceived superiority.
    She claims this need for intense straight talking,so "Katie babes ask Santa for a new nose because you are in no position to critique how anyone looks while sporting a conk like that".

The bit in bold is the nail on the head. A lot of her arguments do have some truth in them, and the example I'll use is the baby names one. People do judge other people by their name, and Katie is right in saying that its a shortcut to finding out what class someone and their parents are from. But Katie took it one step too far to use it as a blanket rule that applies to everyone, and if you're named a certain name then you'll behave in a certain way which isn't always true.

I do think that shes funny though and makes great TV, shes just a professional troll and we're all here speaking about her after every single appearance, meaning she'll get future bookings. Shes very intelligent and knows exactly what shes doing.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    The bit in bold is the nail on the head. A lot of her arguments do have some truth in them, and the example I'll use is the baby names one. People do judge other people by their name, and Katie is right in saying that its a shortcut to finding out what class someone and their parents are from. But Katie took it one step too far to use it as a blanket rule that applies to everyone, and if you're named a certain name then you'll behave in a certain way which isn't always true.

I do think that shes funny though and makes great TV, shes just a professional troll and we're all here speaking about her after every single appearance, meaning she'll get future bookings. Shes very intelligent and knows exactly what shes doing.

Intelligence and being clever are two totally different things.

She's clever and well educated but that doesn't equate with being intelligent. In fact she's pretty ignorant - the blanket rule you speak about being a case in point. Anyone with any intelligence would know that it's just total generalisation and Katie is very fond of that.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Intelligence and being clever are two totally different things.

She's clever and well educated but that doesn't equate with being intelligent. In fact she's pretty ignorant - the blanket rule you speak about being a case in point. Anyone with any intelligence would know that it's just total generalisation and Katie is very fond of that.

I don't think she is ignorant, I think she knows exactly what she is saying and exactly how she is coming across. Shes doing it for effect because shes just a professional troll. It gets people talking about her, so it gets her more work.

Shes had many sensible debates. She had one a couple of weeks ago on the teacher strike where she made some very valid points and came across very grounded and probably would have won the vote if they opened a vote on that day. But that debate isn't memorable because she didn't say anything controversial.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    I don't think she is ignorant, I think she knows exactly what she is saying and exactly how she is coming across. Shes doing it for effect because shes just a professional troll. It gets people talking about her, so it gets her more work.

Shes had many sensible debates. She had one a couple of weeks ago on the teacher strike where she made some very valid points and came across very grounded and probably would have won the vote if they opened a vote on that day. But that debate isn't memorable because she didn't say anything controversial.

It's a shame she doesn't stick to the sensible debates then, as most of what she moans about is superficial and shallow.

It's bad enough reading about her antics, but if I watched her on TV I think I'd end up putting my boot through it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is ok in small doses,but I couldn't bear her pontificating from on high for too long. Actually , on second thoughts it might be interesting if she had her own chat show and they brought on people happy to nail her with good arguments.Could be a winner.
    If you're reading this Katie then go pitch it to producers. With controversial guests I'd watch it.But get that nose fixed first fgs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is attacking fat people again on Twitter, she just wants to point and call people fat....She is also on the name thing again....she clearly has no real life or job.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    Lets hope that Katie and Sonia are back on TV next Tuesday
    for another hen fight... no holds barred!
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me like the public are all too happy to be trolled by Katie, or they'd stop responding to her every time she opened her mouth. I say good luck to the woman in this case. The faux outrage surrounding her is more annoying than she has ever been.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me like the public are all too happy to be trolled by Katie, or they'd stop responding to her every time she opened her mouth. I say good luck to the woman in this case. The faux outrage surrounding her is more annoying than she has ever been.

My response is to the people that think what she says is right...say she makes so much sense and is good because she
    "tells it like it is"... It is the same mentality that think Jeremy Clarkson would be a good PM or thought Gene Hunt was intended as a role model.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    My response is to the people that think what she says is right...say she makes so much sense and is good because she
    "tells it like it is"... It is the same mentality that think Jeremy Clarkson would be a good PM or thought Gene Hunt was intended as a role model.

Linking her to Clarkson is a good comparison, as it really doesn't matter what either says because they are so obviously panto anyone who takes either seriously is ridiculously naive or rather slow. In the age of social networking, how can people still not see obvious trolls for what they are?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    She is crafty tho, in that she takes a tiny grain of truth such as the obesity problem,and fluffs it out with bile and unnecessary nasty commentary. That's my problem with her and why I'd like to see her in a debate with a really good wordsmith who would call her out on her nasty delivery and expressions.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

As much as I loathe the old boot, she does have a point. It is perhaps unwise for a 6 month pregnant woman to undergo the rigours of the live X Factor shows. It is hugely stressful, and as was shown last week, things can happen which could impede their chances.

I'm not suggesting that pregnant women should be banned from the contest, but I do think it's unfair on the group dynamic as a whole.

Just IMVHO.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I loathe the old boot, she does have a point. It is perhaps unwise for a 6 month pregnant woman to undergo the rigours of the live X Factor shows. It is hugely stressful, and as was shown last week, things can happen which could impede their chances.

I'm not suggesting that pregnant women should be banned from the contest, but I do think it's unfair on the group dynamic as a whole.

Just IMVHO.

Oh, I agree that maybe XF wasn't the best idea and maybe she should have come back next year but when KH makes this sort of comment
    Miss Dynamix’s maternity leave will be starting sooner than they thought. The tax payer is very much looking forward to funding it.”
    I just makes me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Oh, I agree that maybe XF wasn't the best idea and maybe she should have come back next year but when KH makes this sort of comment I just makes me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Completely.

She does sometimes make sense, but her way of expressing her point is so objectionable and unpleasant that it negates any good will that she might evoke.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Her twitter posts will be getting up a celeb couples backside
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great tweets from Katie these last couple of days, re a certain odious couple.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great tweets from Katie these last couple of days, re a certain odious couple.

Indeed! She's bang on the money there. :cool:
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes its the first time i've ever agreed with Katie's views and tweeted her so yesterday,
This discussion has been closed.