Options

Soap stars who DIDN'T GET ON behind the scenes unpopular etc.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
Forum Member
✭✭
Would be interested to see any comments on this.

As had been reported - Terence Donovan and Sue Jones who play / played Doug & Pam Willis in Neighbours didn't get on whilst working together.

Also widely known from the time they were on the show - Janet Andrewartha (Lyn Scully) and Shane Connor (Joe Scully) didn't get on either - which came to the fore following Shane Connor's apparent sacking (although he eventually won his case for unfair dismissal etc).

Any other suggestions people can think of in this regard / ideas / thoughts on this?

Also commonly reported is that Leslie Grantham & Wendy Richard (amongst others no doubt) weren't very popular with their cast-matesin Eastenders - so would be interested to hear about these types as well if anyone can think of any.

Comments

• Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Apparently Melissa George and Dieter Brummer (Shane and Angel in H&A) didn't get along.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean Tully is not too popular with a lot of castmates in CS.
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not surprised by this.
  • Options
    SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's a surprise :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

not surprised lol
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie and Suzy Branning didn't get on. thats why she left apparently
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I remember hearing that Gillian Talyford didn't get on with the actor who played Peter Beale very well.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmett Scanlan didn't get on with a couple of his cast mates. There was a bit of Twitter 'beef' between him and the actor playing Riley, and it was obvious that PJ Brennan didn't like him either. I'm still Team Emmett. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Isla Fisher (Shannon in H&A) didn't get on with the actor who played her bf Alex (the long haired guy)
  • Options
    flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    Jessie Wallace fell out with a number of her EastEnders co-stars during her first stint and even slapped Hannah Waterman (Laura) across the face at a party once!

Patsy Palmer and Barbara Windsor fell out briefly in the 90s but made up after they were both nominated in the same category at an awards ceremony.
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    There was/still is a bit of a row between the McQueen girls in HO and Maria in CS

Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes in Ho) was on Dancing on Ice in 2011 and began a relationship with her skating partner Sylvian while on the show. 2 years later I think, Sylvian was then partnered up with Samia Ghadie (Maria from CS) and they gree feelings for each other. Around Christmas I think, Sylvian randomly, out of the blue, left Jennifer for Samia. This year, Jorgie Porter (Theresa in Ho) was on DOI and was also partnered with Sylvian. Jorgie was quite annoyed by this as Jen is one of her best friends, and made a few jokey comments about being Sylvian's next girlfriend. Samia was annoyed by this and went on twitter and called Jorgie a 'burger' or something. Gemma Merma (Carmel in HO) then defended Jorgie and told Samia to grow up.

Think most of you will alreay know this story :p
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Dean (Pete Beale) was allegedly very difficult on set and didn't get on with many of the cast, particularly Leslie Grantham and Gillian Taylforth. Dean claimed Grantham would often slam the Vic's till shut more loudly than necessary in order to put him off his lines.

Jessie Wallace allegedly fell out with just about everybody in her first stint; there were well-publicised bust ups with Hannah Waterman, Barbara Winsdor, Letitia Dean, Leslie Grantham, Billy Murray, Elaine Lordan and Steve McFadden. Allegedly Steve McFadden even started a petition against her return in 2010. Would explain why the two hardly ever share scenes.

Maggie O'Neill (Suzy Branning) also allegedly fell out with Diane Parish, Sam Womack and Rob Kazinsky, to such an extent that they wrote her out a year earlier than planned and gave her storylines to Janine.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Think I remember reading there was a bit of a ruffling of feathers between Barbara Windsor and Wendy Richard over the whole showing the Queen or whichever royal it was around the EE set. Whether it was truth or rumour I don't know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Peter Dean (Pete Beale) was allegedly very difficult on set and didn't get on with many of the cast,

He probably got upset everytime they told him he had all the acting talent of a doornail
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember hearing that Gillian Talyford didn't get on with the actor who played Peter Beale very well.
    Peter Dean (Pete Beale) was allegedly very difficult on set and didn't get on with many of the cast, particularly Leslie Grantham and Gillian Taylforth. Dean claimed Grantham would often slam the Vic's till shut more loudly than necessary in order to put him off his lines.

Gillian had commented in the past that Peter on the odd occasion used to stick his tongue in during kissing scenes which she obviously wasn't happy about.
    ........and her relationship with her fictional first husband, Pete Beale, played by Peter Dean, who, she felt, had been too "realistic" with his on-screen kisses.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/its-no-way-to-treat-a-lady-1619464.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Apparently on 'Prisoner' (Cell Block H), Elspeth Ballantyne (Meg) was the cast snitch who ran telling the producers whenever anyone on the cast said or did something they shouldn't have.

Val Lehman (Bea), at least, observed this and (like Bea) even apparently planted a false story to see if it got back to the producers - uncovering the snitch.

I think there was a bit of general hostility between the two on the set.

Then again I think it is safe to say there were many 'big' personalities in the Prisoner cast. Especially in the early years.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member

Jessie Wallace allegedly fell out with just about everybody in her first stint; there were well-publicised bust ups with Hannah Waterman, Barbara Winsdor, Letitia Dean, Leslie Grantham, Billy Murray, Elaine Lordan and Steve McFadden. Allegedly Steve McFadden even started a petition against her return in 2010. Would explain why the two hardly ever share scenes.

I read it got so bad for her that by the end of her original stint she only had two friends left in the cast, Shane Richie and Charlie Brooks - everyone else was "over" her.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wendy Richard was popular among her cast mates and was very much missed by everyone when she left. She had many friends and I don't think there was a fued between herself and Babs! Babs and Wendy even brushed the accusations
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member

Maggie O'Neill (Suzy Branning) also allegedly fell out with Diane Parish, Sam Womack and Rob Kazinsky, to such an extent that they wrote her out a year earlier than planned and gave her storylines to Janine.

I've heard that JW and BW hate each other and BW refuses to be on the show at the same time as JW - that's why JW was only allowed to come back after BW had left.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wendy Richard was popular among her cast mates and was very much missed by everyone when she left. She had many friends and I don't think there was a fued between herself and Babs! Babs and Wendy even brushed the accusations

The press were always making up stories about Wendy and they were never true. I always felt so sorry for the public perception of her as it wasn't reflective of who Wendy was. I know for a fact Wendy would go out of her way to help anyone at EastEnders who needed support. Poor Wendy. She is missed. :(
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flbkab wrote: »
    Jessie Wallace fell out with a number of her EastEnders co-stars during her first stint and even slapped Hannah Waterman (Laura) across the face at a party once!

Patsy Palmer and Barbara Windsor fell out briefly in the 90s but made up after they were both nominated in the same category at an awards ceremony.

If that's true then she more than resembles Kat in real life then! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes perhaps a better example in my OP would be Jessie Wallace!!!!

(in her first stint 2000-2005 she was quite renowned for all this) than Wendy Richard (whom a lot of fiction had been written about over the years by the press).
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    If that's true then she more than resembles Kat in real life then! :o

Seriously.

To only leave EE with two friends says everything. She was definitely Kat, not sure how she is these days. Hopefully more mature.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Emmett Scanlan didn't get on with a couple of his cast mates. There was a bit of Twitter 'beef' between him and the actor playing Riley, and it was obvious that PJ Brennan didn't like him either. I'm still Team Emmett. :D

I'm team emmet too. He's a lovely guy in real life. He's sooo humble
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »

Lool do you remember when he called Stug a soggy biscuit :D Brendan come back and save Ste.