Options

EPG information

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
Forum Member
When I select the EPG I am now getting a message that says "waiting for programme information"

This has only just happpend and soemtimes it seems to stay in that mode.

Anyone else seen this ??

HUMAX Foxast-HDR

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It used to happen very occasionly on V1.00.13 but on V1.00.15 you can't do anything until the new epg has completed it's download. Using the cached epg is the solution just press schedule and then red rather than guide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I press solution and then red and it comes back to the EPG and still says "receiving programme information" if I try to set a programme in the future, to record, it comes up with a box that says the same thing.!
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perform a Freesat tune and press exit when prompted to save the results - that should clear the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I press solution and then red and it comes back to the EPG and still says "receiving programme information" if I try to set a programme in the future, to record, it comes up with a box that says the same thing.!

Solution ????? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Solution ????? :confused:

I tried the buttons, that didn't seem to work. I then tried the re-tune idea and initially that didn't seem to work, however I think it does ! What I have to do is wait a few minutes and then it clears.

I don't ever recall having seen this message on the previous firmware. I may go back to it :(
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had it several times on the current firmware (ie;whatever was last put out OTA). For me power cycling the box would fix it but I didn't try the retune strategy.
  • Options
    JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only had it happen once until a few days ago and now it happens all the time.

Very annoying as the first thing I do when I turn the box on is set up the next lot of recordings.

I seem to remember power cycling sorted it out the first time so I'll give that a go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jepson wrote: »
    I've only had it happen once until a few days ago and now it happens all the time.

Very annoying as the first thing I do when I turn the box on is set up the next lot of recordings.

I seem to remember power cycling sorted it out the first time so I'll give that a go.

This is what I am finding and I now discover the message about receving information, comes on every time I select the guide. I have never noticed that before. It does go away, but takes a couple on minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what I am finding and I now discover the message about receving information, comes on every time I select the guide. I have never noticed that before. It does go away, but takes a couple on minutes.

Don't press guide, press Schedule and then the red button.
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this a couple of times co-inciding with transmission changes, but the Freesat retune without saving it managed to cure it. But I did do a factory reset (after noting down my schedule contents) after upgrading to .15. Could be worth trying that on any boxes that continually get problems.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The message has always been there - except when a recording is in progress. It normally remains for 28-42 seconds while the EPG is reloaded. Significantly longer periods indicate the need for a freesat tune [but it is not necessary to save the results]
    While the EPG download is in progress Tuner 1 is busy and unable to display the current channel picture and sound.
    What has changed with 1.00.15 is that now it is not possible to schedule a recording until the EPG reload is complete,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't press guide, press Schedule and then the red button.

This the way I do it. And it doesn't change.
    One thing I noticed is that the background video and sound come back at the same time as the message disappears.

I have also done a factory reset, and no change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This the way I do it. And it doesn't change.
    One thing I noticed is that the background video and sound come back at the same time as the message disappears.

I have also done a factory reset, and no change.

There's something wrong here. The reason the background video returns when the message clears is because the tuner being used to download the new epg is then available to display the background video.

Pressing schedule and then red does not use a tuner it merely loads the copy of the epg stored on the hdd. As such you should not lose the background video and be able to make recording reservations at any time.

This also lets you access the guide while recording two and watching an existing recording.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's something wrong here. The reason the background video returns when the message clears is because the tuner being used to download the new epg is then available to display the background video.

Pressing schedule and then red does not use a tuner it merely loads the copy of the epg stored on the hdd. As such you should not lose the background video and be able to make recording reservations at any time.

This also lets you access the guide while recording two and watching an existing recording.

If I press schedule and then red, I don't get the EPG on the screen..I have to then press ..guide...and then I get the message about receiving.etc etc....let's start and see if this is what we mean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I press schedule and then red, I don't get the EPG on the screen..I have to then press ..guide...and then I get the message about receiving.etc etc....let's start and see if this is what we mean.

You are pushing the red button just above the media button not the red instant record button ?
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,630
    Forum Member
    Or the Red button press is not being registered by the remote (which is renowned as having a very hit and miss poor quality keypad). Does the remote light come on when you press it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You are pushing the red button just above the media button not the red instant record button ?

yes the red button that normally would get BBC Interactive.

Am I supposed to get the EPG after pushing that sequence ??

If so I don't...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes the red button that normally would get BBC Interactive.

Am I supposed to get the EPG after pushing that sequence ??

If so I don't...

Yes you are, pressing schedule brings up the schedule, if you look at the top of the screen you should see the following options.

Red - Table (the normal epg)

Green - list (the epg in list mode)

Yellow - Schedule (gets back to the schedule from the other options)

Blue - Search the epg for a specific text string.

Never heard of a Humax Foxsat that does not (HD or HDR).

Something is clearly wrong. Could be worth trying new batteries in the remote (you appear to have tried everything else).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes you are, pressing schedule brings up the schedule, if you look at the top of the screen you should see the following options.

Red - Table (the normal epg)

Green - list (the epg in list mode)

Yellow - Schedule (gets back to the schedule from the other options)

Blue - Search the epg for a specific text string.

Never heard of a Humax Foxsat that does not (HD or HDR).

Something is clearly wrong. Could be worth trying new batteries in the remote (you appear to have tried everything else).

Just for clarity, this is what I do.

Turn on Humax,,wait until it displays a channel and video.

Press yellow button, nothing happens,

Press red button, nothing happens

press guide and look at what is happening ..see message at the top right that says,,receiving programme information, it sists there for just over a minute and then goes away. It does it everytime I press guide...everytime....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just for clarity, this is what I do.

Turn on Humax,,wait until it displays a channel and video.

Press yellow button, nothing happens,

Press red button, nothing happens

press guide and look at what is happening ..see message at the top right that says,,receiving programme information, it sists there for just over a minute and then goes away. It does it everytime I press guide...everytime....

You need to press schedule (2nd from bottom extreme left on a standard remote) and then red. Where did the yellow come from ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You need to press schedule (2nd from bottom extreme left on a standard remote) and then red. Where did the yellow come from ?

Amazing what happens when we all start speaking the same language !!!

When You press guide, the yellow button is the schedule of programmes to be recorded...so I naturally assumed this was the button, even though you kept saying schedule, not yellow button.

I never knew that the button on the lower left was a schedule button...never needed it !!!

Now when I press "schedule" and then red, sure enough the epg comes up and NO waiting for updates...

This seems to work and I shall use this, although I am still at a loss as to why the procedure seems to have changed.

Thanks everyone and specially Graham for your patience and support.