Options

No Signal

Hi guys

We‘ve had a Panasonic DMR BS750 which up until now has been a brilliant Freesat viewer and HD PVR. Since it was installed last December we’ve had Signal Strength & Quality at 10/10 from day one. (I fitted it and an Ariel guy came and lined it up as I found the basic satellite finder rubbish!)

Then a couple of weeks ago we lost signal completely – ‘Faulty dish’ appeared on screen a couple of times, but then after 12ish hrs the signal came back.

Then yesterday (Sunday 5th June) we had no signal and checking on a couple of films which we recording on Saturday night, they both appear to have cut out around midnight!!.

Today (6th June @ 1800hrs) – we still have no signal.

I’ve tried switching the thing of for a few minutes and there is no obvious sign of dish movement or problem with the cables or connectors.

Having a quick look round the forums, someone mentioned that a couple of the HD channels would need re-tuning on 6th June – is this just a simple case of me needing to re-tune or something more sinister? (I’m guessing it’s not a re-tune as it would still show some signal coming in!!)

Any ideas gratefully received.

Cheers

W

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most likely dish issues.

1st see if the box has a freesat scan option under setup to see if it finds any channels.

Automan.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This might be a faulty cable connection.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The change of the BBC transponder from DVB-S to DVB-S2 in the early hours of Monday morning apparently needs a full return to factory defaults on earlier Panasonic kit including the Freeview+ pvrs to restore the BBC HD channels.