hello ladies

Comments

• rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see a 2nd season. i've been checking since the US finished showing it but nothing as of yet..love the show..

EDIT: I thought this was the english pace thread..still counts though:)
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see the end of the series, hope it gets picked up for another. It's easy to compare this to previous shows Merchant has been involved in, so I would say it's not as good as The Office, but better than Extras and Life's Too Short.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the premise is good but i couldn't see it going 3 or 4 seasons. there's only so many parties he can screw up and only so many times he can get rejected.
    As funny as it is i think after season 2 they might struggle finding ways to keep it fresh.
    Similar to Joey..just same every week.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    I think the premise is good but i couldn't see it going 3 or 4 seasons. there's only so many parties he can screw up and only so many times he can get rejected.
    As funny as it is i think after season 2 they might struggle finding ways to keep it fresh.
    Similar to Joey..just same every week.

this has the advantage of being funny though, something joey did not have imo.

the love story is there if they wanna use it,could easily see it doing 3-4 seasons, we can hope.

how did it do for HBO?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    this has the advantage of being funny though, something joey did not have imo.

the love story is there if they wanna use it,could easily see it doing 3-4 seasons, we can hope.

how did it do for HBO?

I thought joey was funny :)

i don't think it did great ratings wise but being a first season you can never tell. it deserves a 2nd i think, give it a chance to grow.

If you took downloads into account it did well..of course they don't so who knows what will happen to it
  • NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great episode and some touching moments as well as great funny stuff.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    it's only 8 episodes. :(
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very short series.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very short series.

Two episodes longer than all series of The Office and Extras.
  • Simon_Smith3Simon_Smith3 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Watched Episode 1 last night. I found it amusing, and I think it'll watch episode 2 tonight. I really like Stephen Merchant and think he's under-rated compared to Ricky Gervais (who I like as well). My only criticism is it did seem just like transplanting Darren Lamb from Extras into the US, and it was the usual cringe-factor fare, which has been done better.
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this series but at times I did find it to be very predictable
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the pool party was hilarious. Best episode for me:)
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on a second series?
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the few shows that both myself and the wife love .
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on a second series?
    No. HBO have been ominously silent so far, and the finale aired a full month ago in the US. It may still be renewed, but clearly it hasn't been the kind of smash-hit success such as Boardwalk Empire or Game of Thrones, where renewal pretty much comes the day after the first episode airs.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    HBO don't normally stop after one series.

there's a touch of the BBC three's about them. they are not under the same commercial pressure as your fox's and NBCs they will usually allow a series the time to find it's feet and grow.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    HBO don't normally stop after one series.

there's a touch of the BBC three's about them. they are not under the same commercial pressure as your fox's and NBCs they will usually allow a series the time to find it's feet and grow.
    I agree - I think we will see it given one more series to try to establish itself. But the fact HBO has been in no rush to trumpet its renewal is surely a sign that it hasn't been the kind of hit that, say, Veep has.

Personally, even if it is renewed, I don't see this as a show with a long shelf-life. Like The Office (UK) and Extras, two series is probably enough.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Gutted that Hello Ladies has been cancelled. I suppose a special to wrap it up is better than nothing though.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hbos-family-tree-hello-ladies-593267
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gutted that Hello Ladies has been cancelled. I suppose a special to wrap it up is better than nothing though.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hbos-family-tree-hello-ladies-593267

That's a real shame. Not surprised Family Tree was cancelled. It was absolute rubbish.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved this. Loved it. It was up there with Ricky Gervais best shows. Its such a shame. Il tune into the final show. Just hope its EPIC
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Very disappointed in this, 8 episodes to establish a show is not enough. Was well worth a second season for me
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted this has been cancelled, was really hoping for a renewal.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    'Yeah, give me another series, you sh*t'. The TV Producers need to 'smell my cheese'. :D

Genuine shame they didn't get one.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    such a shame. was truly brilliant from start to finish.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted that this show has been axed.