The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 5)

Comments

• JayLee1JayLee1 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Patsy Palmer leaving EastEnders, it means characters like David Wicks, played by Michael French, could be heading for the exit too (David being Bianca's father). I could see Michael French heading back to Casualty as a result in the truest nature of "soap", which Casualty is these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I was thinking maybe he'd come back to help Zoe defeat Connie? Haha wishful thinking I know...
    as for him not returning because of his head injury - casualty isn't always the most realistic of shows so I don't think that'd stop them :P
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    mkc1991 wrote: »
    I was thinking maybe he'd come back to help Zoe defeat Connie? Haha wishful thinking I know...
    as for him not returning because of his head injury - casualty isn't always the most realistic of shows so I don't think that'd stop them :P

You mean they'd find another way to explain it? I'm pretty sure it was always made clear that he'd only get a few more years from his operation - though of course, there is always new 'miracle surgery' that could come up.
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be good if he turned up unannounced and was named the new consultant surprising everyone
  • qwerty21qwerty21 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I think Casualty is on a good run of form at the moment. It is definitely comfortably ahead of Holby City which is struggling at the moment. Since the new year I think there has been genuine and sustained improvement.

Some thoughts on the current storylines, new characters etc...

Zoe & Connie is interesting at the moment, lets hope it does not dominate the show. I am a big fan of Zoe and love her character so it's a shame to see what surely will be her demotion. Although, her character is perhaps less interesting since she has been in charge.

I enjoy Ethan and Cal a lot. Ethan and Lily's relationship (which will surely be romantic in a matter of time) is very sweet and he comes across brilliantly there. Although he is being written a little inconsistently, his interactions with Charlie this week did not quite ring true.

Ash's maverick tough-love stance with Lily I felt was inappropiate and he deserved his warning. It was nice to see the Holby & Casualty cross over as well.

It is a real shame that Iain has left. His storyline was compelling and given that he was brought in as an obstacle for the Tom and Sam relationship his exit storyline was interesting in its own right. Its a shame he left really. I haven't really taken to Big Mac in his new role and it hasn't been sufficently explored.

Lofty seems alright but we haven't had much exposure to him. Robyn's continuing existence annoys me but I do have a soft spot for Max.

Fletch has in my opinion been a failure as a character. His ridiclously bad year is kind of laughable. Him and Cal being rude towards Lily also detracts from any sympathy I might have felt. Don't really think there has been much of a point to the character to be honest, like Jamie.

Excellent Patient storylines this week as well!
    Forum Member
    qwerty21 wrote: »
    It is a real shame that Iain has left. His storyline was compelling and given that he was brought in as an obstacle for the Tom and Sam relationship his exit storyline was interesting in its own right. Its a shame he left really. I haven't really taken to Big Mac in his new role and it hasn't been sufficently explored.

Has Iain gone for good? I thought he was just taking a break for a while in order to get his head back together. He's still in the opening titles, I think.
  • NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Iain gone for good? I thought he was just taking a break for a while in order to get his head back together. He's still in the opening titles, I think.

I think he has yeah, especially with
    Gemma Atkinson returning as Tamzin soon
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member

I have not liked the Iain character at all - aggressively infatuated with Sam, permanently gloomy, falling over himself to help his best mate's wife knowing the possible consequences, gung ho flinging himself into every risky situation etc etc.
    Glad he's gone
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean they'd find another way to explain it? I'm pretty sure it was always made clear that he'd only get a few more years from his operation - though of course, there is always new 'miracle surgery' that could come up.

He could return, marry Zoe - whoopee! :) - but then die a few months later.:(
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NickJordan wrote: »
    I think he has yeah, especially with
    Gemma Atkinson returning as Tamzin soon
    For good this time or just another guest stint?
  • northernchrisnorthernchris Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I think Casualty is on a good run of form at the moment.

I've been reading this thread for a while now so finally decided to join! I agree with you, since Erika Hossington took over earlier this year I feel the quality really has improved. For me I think Casualty is at its best when there is a good mix of interesting or topical patient storylines as well as a strong focus on the regular characters too. The last few episodes IMO have got this balance just right
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember in video spoilers a while ago we saw
    Zoe in bed with Max

Have I missed this?
  • Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barkingmad wrote: »
    Remember in video spoilers a while ago we saw
    Zoe in bed with Max

Have I missed this?

Those scenes haven't aired yet.

I think it maybe tomorrow we see them, as Robyn has a house party and she may end up there? Max would of course be part of it.

Could be wrong though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it maybe tomorrow we see them, as Robyn has a house party and she may end up there? Max would of course be part of it.

Could be wrong though.

Thanks
    also, why is Gemma Atkinson returning?! IMHO she didn't exactly make a huge impact previously
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks
    also, why is Gemma Atkinson returning?! IMHO she didn't exactly make a huge impact previously

Anyone is better than post hypercritical Ian
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks

Not sure why, but this will be her third stint in the show...I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member

Could be wrong though.

jw how did you find out robyn has a house party?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bet_bett wrote: »
    jw how did you find out robyn has a house party?

From Radio Times. Actually the house party is next weeks episode, not this week.
    Fletch attempts to build bridges between a feuding father and son following a car crash in which another sibling suffered a serious head injury. Cal tries to impress Lily as they work together on a patient who appears to have used the internet to diagnose himself with a brain tumour, and Jeff agrees to cover for Ash's daughter, Ella, after she suffers an allergic reaction to ketamine at Robyn's house party.
    Forum Member
    I didn't know Gemma was returning. I actually quite liked Tamzin, especially during her second stint, but I wish they'd just decide what they're doing with her. I think either make her a regular character or don't, but there's no point just having her coming in and out all the time. (Also, what is the storyline behind her return? If I remember last time, she left after having some sort of accusation thrown at her, but I really can't remember.)

I do like team paramedic, and I wish there would be some more permanent paramedics besides Jeff and Dixie. They haven't really had any since Polly was killed off in Series 25. I liked Tamzin, Omar, Norman and Iain, but none of them stuck around that long (although Iain is still in the opening titles, which makes me think he might be back at some point).
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all - on air.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone give Lily a slap.
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as Lily's honesty is refreshing, her attitude to the patient tonight is too much.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to see Max doing some portering
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awww Zoe and Max :D
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Max and Zoe scenes.