Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Painful memories of the 96 final are being broadcast on Al-Jazeera. Jason McAteer is in the white suit
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those white suits were dapper, don't think people should hate on them.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Heh, Champions League football and we're being linked to players like Bertrand and Caulker? No thanks.

Lallana and Moreno seem like they might be top of the priority list.

Probably FFP talking. They're not duds but I know what you're saying. Lallana would be a great fit. I suspect a lot of the big clubs will target English players who mostly will act as squad fodder to bolster FFP quotas. As we've got a few top quality English players already in the first XI (with hopefully Lallana to come) we'll not need to buy too many at all and can add top quality from other nationalities.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently you have activated Emre Caen's buyout clause, if you got him, he would be a good purchase indeed for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Those white suits were dapper, don't think people should hate on them.

To be honest my overriding feeling was, "18 years and it still fits?!"
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Due to Ronaldo not playing today, he and Suarez have both finished the season on 31 league goals and so they will share the European Golden Shoe award. Just shows the level Suarez has been at this season when any player (including Ronaldo) who got near his total needed several penalties to do so. :)

The rankings for this season: http://www.eurotopfoot.com/gb/soulierdor.php3
  • alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    This transfer stuff is doing my head in - I read anything I can access and lap it up and so end up having at least 50 players linked to LFC in my mind the majority of which will be hoaxes made up out of the journos vivid imagination or fed to him by some agent wanting a good move for his client.

And don't even get me started on the out of LFC rumours - again a lot of rubbish being printed no doubt

I would like the Lallana one to be true as I feel sure he will improve us - and that does seem to have a bit more depth to it than most :) - and then after that who knows? I most want defence and keeper buys but not really prepared to say who I most want. Moreno is prob good and a commanding CB who can organise is a need but who? Greek guy in Bundesleague? Caulker hardly excites me but he may be good, then Micah Richards may be cheapish and did show potential a few years ago but there must be a reason why he plays so seldom and you end up wondering if we could use guys on the books in some way - heck we have Skrtel, Agger, Sakho, Toure, Illori, Coates, Wisdom and even Kelly on the books who can all play CB. RB is a concern as Glen has looked shaky - doubt we'll sell but he may not get a contract extension so he will only stay 1 season more. Is this Flanno's long term position?

Think we just have to sit back, read the rumours by all means (its hard not to) but then only believe any of them when we see the guys at Anfield in a LFC shirt. It will certainly be interesting as I am sure there will be many ins and outs but maybe not as many as some are speculating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see us sign Koké from Atletico Madrid and also Cuadrado from Fiorentina, I think they'd be two excellent signings for us, If we could get a sound CB in aswell someone like Miranda I think we would be up there again next season. Probably wishful thinking though :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    leemuir wrote: »
    I'd like to see us sign Koké from Atletico Madrid and also Cuadrado from Fiorentina, I think they'd be two excellent signings for us, If we could get a sound CB in aswell someone like Miranda I think we would be up there again next season. Probably wishful thinking though :(

Cuadrado is an excellent player, he can play anywhere down the side of the pitch and although im not on the Johnson is s**t bandwagon, I feel Cuadrado would offer alot more attack wise and we could really press high up the pitch with a player like him.
    Fiorentina have got a top4 finish so I think it would be unlikely he left.

Im taking most of the rumours with a pinch of salt and will only get excited when I see it as a done and confirmed transfer on the website.
    We are bound to be linked with loads of players, most are just made up by clueless journalists who know nothing about said player in their articles.
    I just hope we can get the vast majority of deals done early. Im hoping for a strong centre half and a full back, not really fussed which side he would play on as Flanagan and Johnson can both play either side when required. Ideally it would be a RB as Johnson, although he isnt too old, won't be there forever and id like a new player with a view to the future.
    Forum Member
    German Newspaper "BILD" reporting that we have agreed a deal for Emre Can of Leverkusen for a price of 12 million euros.

http://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/2014/fussball/transfer-news-liverpool-macht-bei-shaqiri-ernst-36018200.sport.html

google translate " For 12 million euro transfer fee: Emre Can is for information of SPORT BILD online just before a move to Liverpool. Can was changed only before the last season for five million euros from Bayern Leverkusen. It can be used both as a defensive midfielder, as well as in defense"

Also Metro reporting it aswell: http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/18/liverpool-swoop-for-bayern-leverkusen-star-emre-can-4731753/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently you have activated Emre Caen's buyout clause, if you got him, he would be a good purchase indeed for you.
    German Newspaper "BILD" reporting that we have agreed a deal for Emre Can of Leverkusen for a price of 12 million euros.

http://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/2014/fussball/transfer-news-liverpool-macht-bei-shaqiri-ernst-36018200.sport.html

google translate " For 12 million euro transfer fee: Emre Can is for information of SPORT BILD online just before a move to Liverpool. Can was changed only before the last season for five million euros from Bayern Leverkusen. It can be used both as a defensive midfielder, as well as in defense"

Also Metro reporting it aswell: http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/18/liverpool-swoop-for-bayern-leverkusen-star-emre-can-4731753/

Ahh it is nice that someone else sees what I post! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They might have you on ignore ;)
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member

Could be a good addition if we got him. Bayern let him go (and faced criticism for doing so) in August of last year with a buy-back option so they must have seen some potential in him. Even when I watched Leverkusen this season I barely noticed him though so I've no idea what he's like. Time to watch a YouTube montage, I think (no doubt it'll make him look like the next Ballack). :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might have you on ignore ;)

True, there is that option, which would be sad, but it would be a very good deal if you managed to sign him up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Could be a good addition if we got him. Bayern let him go (and faced criticism for doing so) in August of last year with a buy-back option so they must have seen some potential in him. Even when I watched Leverkusen this season I barely noticed him though so I've no idea what he's like. Time to watch a YouTube montage, I think (no doubt it'll make him look like the next Ballack). :D

Yeah but I always remember that Sami Hyypia was spotted by a tv cameraman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but I always remember that Sami Hyypia was spotted by a tv cameraman.

Really??!:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really??!:o

Yep. Houllier was looking for a CB and one of the tv guys for the club said that the best one he'd seen was a Finnish player in Holland but he couldn't remember his name.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Yep. Houllier was looking for a CB and one of the tv guys for the club said that the best one he'd seen was a Finnish player in Holland but he couldn't remember his name.

Thats brilliant! :)
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't there a saying about the pot caing the kettle black?
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a little something something for everyone. A collection of all 110 goals we scored this season, with English commentary :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=776668305698514
    Forum Member

Didn't mean to do that btw, I genuinely meant to quote your post, apologies!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't mean to do that btw, I genuinely meant to quote your post, apologies!

No worries, yours had more detail anyway, it seems that your manager is friends with his agent, (who is also Yesil and Sahin's agent hence how you managed to get them over at your club) so the deal could be pretty easy going.
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member

dont think thats true at all.

Ron Yeates was head scout @ liverpool and he went and watched Hyypia. He recommended Houllier to buy him and the rest is history.

I could be wrong though..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ron Yeats was the first to go and watch from Liverpool but the recommendation did happen. It's in Sami's book.

Peter Robinson also confirmed it.
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Ron Yeats was the first to go and watch but the recommendation did happen. It's in Sami's book.

thats unreal and amazing :)
This discussion has been closed.