This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 20**

Comments

• SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Brain bleech, brain bleech..

Never ever ever ever let this woman anywhere near Strictly....

There is nothing right about the picture .............. Its the picture that keeps giving..............

Where is the puke smiley...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2648732/Katie-Price-breaks-silence-interview-husband-Kieran-Haylers-affair.html
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    *gives thread a kick*

Wow, it's a desolate mess in here. Where have all the servants scarpered to?

Unappreciating Andy Murray's Mother. Yet another only there for who they are related to.
    Forum Member
    *gives thread a kick*

Unappreciating Andy Murray's Mother. Yet another only there for who they are related to.

HI Perdie

Thanks for saving me the job of delving into the archives to find the old thread...

At least we are no longer date (time bombed).... Let the unappreciating begin.

Im not as anti Judy Murray as some on offer on the rumoured list. She might actually be a good laugh (its just her thick Scottish accent that I cant stand). She is at least a fan of the show and knows what she has let herself in for. (Shame as she wanted to dance with Artem and it would have been funny to see him running a mile....)
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad that this thread has been resurrected:D:D
    I don't have a LOT of unappreciating to do at the moment though :blush: BUT I'll have plenty once the launch show starts :p:p
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Much as I don't mind Judy and think she's a decent signing, I am unappreciating that this probably means once again my dreams of Goran have gone up in smoke :(
  • smudesmude Posts: 17,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judy has made a major contribution to British tennis in her on right. Rather her than some nomark celeb from Hollyoaks.
    Forum Member
    Definitely need to unappreciated Alison Hammond... she must have been destined for Robin .... so I wonder which poor pro is going to be lumbered ............ (sorry partnered with her)....
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smude wrote: »
    Judy has made a major contribution to British tennis in her on right. Rather her than some nomark celeb from Hollyoaks.

Jolly good.

However, tennis is not something that will help you out on a dance floor, so I do hope she has at least a smidge of talent.

She looks pretty (lovely lean figure) but a tad wooden and comes across as one of those sensible women who think shaking your booty is a teeny bit vulgar.

I'd love her to be a surprise ...but.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *gives thread a kick*

True. Somehow cannot see her doing Latin, but she'd love a nice, little waltz. Yawn.
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    True. Somehow cannot see her doing Latin, but she'd love a nice, little waltz. Yawn.

Sofa.... are you in charge of recruiting servants for this year??

You did so well last year with Hugh and Robert (amongst others)....;-):D
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few weeks ago it was looking as though 2014 would be a sad year for unappreciation. Bruce gone!:D Claudia in!:D Susanna bombing on GMB.:D James gone!:D

Then came the loss of Artem.:(

Re the celebs announced so far: don't know Frankie, but as she's got the sense to get herself a different haircut from other girl group drones I've warmed to her already.

Judy Murray, meh. It's not for her contribution to tennis coaching that she's been chosen, is it?

Alison Hammond was lovely in BB all those years ago. I know she's been doing daytime TV since, but as I don't, I haven't seen her since then. My memory is that she was always singing and bopping about and that she could genuinely laught at herself so I think she might be good value.
    Forum Member
    Muggsy wrote: »
    A few weeks ago it was looking as though 2014 would be a sad year for unappreciation. Bruce gone!:D Claudia in!:D Susanna bombing on GMB.:D James gone!:D

Re the celebs announced so far: don't know Frankie, but as she's got the sense to get herself a different haircut from other girl group drones I've warmed to her already.

Judy Murray, meh. It's not for her contribution to tennis coaching that she's been chosen, is it?

Alison Hammond was lovely in BB all those years ago. I know she's been doing daytime TV since, but as I don't, I haven't seen her since then. My memory is that she was always singing and bopping about and that she could genuinely laught at herself so I think she might be good value.

I think TPTB may be hoping that Alison Hammond is Lisa Riley#2, though with no Robin I wonder who her pro will be.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    I think TPTB may be hoping that Alison Hammond is Lisa Riley#2, though with no Robin I wonder who her pro will be.

God help whoever he is...
    Forum Member
    shanders wrote: »
    God help whoever he is...

Well, unless Tristan is more choreographically challenged than I remember, at least there won't be endless gurny side-by-side dances.

I think the only ones tall enough could be Brendan, Anton and Aljaz...
    Forum Member
    Muggsy wrote: »

I've caught a couple of her celeb interviews, and she was actually okay, very silly lightweight daytime fluffy interviews, but ideal for the market - I think she's managed an impressive snog list with the males she's interviewed as well.

If she has some talent, then I'm really glad she won't have Robin, as it would have just been another side by side, gurn fest, and Lisa could have been better than that.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've caught a couple of her celeb interviews, and she was actually okay, very silly lightweight daytime fluffy interviews, but ideal for the market - I think she's managed an impressive snog list with the males she's interviewed as well.

If she has some talent, then I'm really glad she won't have Robin, as it would have just been another side by side, gurn fest, and Lisa could have been better than that.

At least the shockhorror factor of a larger celeb who can actually move should be over now, really shouldn't it? After Lisa and Mark it shouldn't be a surprise.

I'd like to see Anton be paired with Judy. Mainly because I think a partner who actually wants to learn and put the hours in would have him heading for the hills :D
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    At least the shockhorror factor of a larger celeb who can actually move should be over now, really shouldn't it? After Lisa and Mark it shouldn't be a surprise.

I'd like to see Anton be paired with Judy. Mainly because I think a partner who actually wants to learn and put the hours in would have him heading for the hills :D

Can you imagine it.... (I already am).....

Judy: When are we going to do Latin Anton?
    Anton: Next week
    Judy: Can't you do better cucurachas than that? Id better call Artem....
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Confirmed celebs so far...

Frankie- Meh. Could have potential but I hope she at least she manages to look more engaged during the process than she does performing with the Saturdays. Possible contender to be this years bot

Judy- Actually looking forward to her. She has shown a good sense of humour in interviews & I hope that she brings that across in strictly. Could be a good mix of competitive whilst still able to laugh at herself... Maybe an honorary DOT? Of course, now i've said that i've probably given her the kiss of death! :D

Alison- From what I remember, I really liked her in BB. Don't watch This Morning though so can't comment on what she's like now. Hopefully won't become Lisa Riley mk2 as I fear the producers are angling for.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does amuse me that of all the Big Brother contestants it's the one who was a random early boot who has gone on to be recognisable enough and "respectable" enough to do Strictly. I guess the less time you spend on the show the less the stain endures. IIRC she did a lot of musical theatre as a teenager so she might not be too bad, but almost certainly will be very jazz-hands.
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Monkseal wrote: »
    It does amuse me that of all the Big Brother contestants it's the one who was a random early boot who has gone on to be recognisable enough and "respectable" enough to do Strictly. I guess the less time you spend on the show the less the stain endures. IIRC she did a lot of musical theatre as a teenager so she might not be too bad, but almost certainly will be very jazz-hands.

Especially good that Robin's not back then as side by side jazz hands is most likely what he would've choreographed for her.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    Confirmed celebs so far...

Frankie- Meh. Could have potential but I hope she at least she manages to look more engaged during the process than she does performing with the Saturdays. Possible contender to be this years bot

Judy- Actually looking forward to her. She has shown a good sense of humour in interviews & I hope that she brings that across in strictly. Could be a good mix of competitive whilst still able to laugh at herself... Maybe an honorary DOT? Of course, now i've said that i've probably given her the kiss of death! :D

Alison- From what I remember, I really liked her in BB. Don't watch This Morning though so can't comment on what she's like now. Hopefully won't become Lisa Riley mk2 as I fear the producers are angling for.

Excuse my ignorance but what's Bot and DOT?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I hope Aljaz doesn't get partnered with a dud or a comedy contestant as I need to shamelessly perve over him, ahem, I mean admire his superior dance skills until the final week.

If the government has its crackdown on Eastern European immigration he is quite welcome to hide out in my under-stair cupboard.
    Forum Member

Bot - Robot, dancer who looks perfect, does most things very well, but seems strangely disengaged and unemotional during the whole thing - Rachel Stevens Queen of the Bots

DOT - Drunken Old Tart, inhabitants of this thread, you don't have to be drunk, old or a tart to be one, it's a state of mind and attitude :) (of course, some of us are all three :blush:
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bot is shorthand for an AI/robotic contestant.
    Can be male or female, but usually young and often hails from a band background and is extremely well media trained so that all their interviews feature not much of anything at all except for being nice and lovely and wonderful and dances are executed in workman like manner.
    Chief bots include Rachbot (Rachel Stevens) and Gethbot (Gethin Jones).

More interestingly, DOT is drunken old tart - usually to be found non-appreciating, wearing this seasons chosen lounging attire (has anything been decided in for this year yet?) and being plied with drinks by Sofakat's serfs.
    It has to be pointed out that many DOT's are actually teetotal, but DOTness is more a state of mind than blood alcohol level :D
    Forum Member

Monkseal can better explain 'bot' as he was the one who first started using it as a description, but basically robot. Think Rachel Stevens.

DOT: Drunken Old Tart. Basically the posters here. Think of Drunken Old Tart as a state of mind - some posters are young, some don't drink, some aren't tarts.

Edit: apparently a certain mind meld can also take place. I promise I hadn't seen previous replies to you!
This discussion has been closed.