Labels; a gift or a curse

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Mike_1101 wrote: »
    This should help
    http://www.swr.de/unternehmen/wie-wir-uns-organisieren/-/id=7687272/nid=7687272/did=7991422/1xwq5d2/index.html
    SWR3 is based at
    "Funkhaus Baden-Baden
    Hans-Bredow-Straße
    76530 Baden-Baden
    "

They cover a huge area including Frankfurt, Cologne, Mannheim and Strasbourg. I don't know anyone there unfortunately:(

Thanks a ton!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    The manager found us through me yakking t up online, essentially... lucky as in, we had very little recorded, but a few killer tracks that everyone liked immediately, so he jumped...

We get lucky all the time... the demo of Photograph was put up online and less than 2 hours later someone from a HUGE recording studio asked us to come in and record it for FREE, because they liked it...
    Then you weren't just lucky, you were a great band too ;)
    What do you mean by "yakking it up online", though?FB, a website, blogs, forums???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Then you weren't just lucky, you were a great band too ;)
    What do you mean by "yakking it up online", though?FB, a website, blogs, forums???

I was on a forum (which doesn't exist any more) for a indie music magazine... talking about the music, like we are now...

The manager happened to be reading it, clicked through, contacted me, met up... and.. that was that...

He's also worked with big bands - he's one of the invisible movers and shakers that keep labels stocked with artists... Anyway... it was a lot of luck and a lot of "we're a good band" ;)

:)

I'll actually send you a link to a new song, if you swear to not share it around...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I was on a forum (which doesn't exist any more) for a indie music magazine... talking about the music, like we are now...

The manager happened to be reading it, clicked through, contacted me, met up... and.. that was that...

He's also worked with big bands - he's one of the invisible movers and shakers that keep labels stocked with artists... Anyway... it was a lot of luck and a lot of "we're a good band" ;)

:)

I'll actually send you a link to a new song, if you swear to not share it around...
    THEN YOU WERE SOOOOOOO LUCKY
    (Of course I won't share it around.You're a new band, I'm not going to bootleg your material...:))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    THEN YOU WERE SOOOOOOO LUCKY
    (Of course I won't share it around.You're a new band, I'm not going to bootleg your material...:))

Hope you like it! It's very different to our other stuff... well, kind of.. ;)

and yeah, super-extra-crazy lucky! Woot!