A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate when people ruin the surprise though I have been guilty myself on a few occasions :p

And feeling more normal now mimi, the radio going okay :)?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Evening!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey CNBC I'm having a listen to ...Baby One More Time still love this album :p how's you :)?
    Forum Member
    Cool :p I'm fine, just visiting one of mum's friends. I'm posting from my phone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Christmas rounds have begun then :p
    Forum Member
    Yep :D Been doing them all weekend. I don't mind as it gets me out of the house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha everyone comes to us so I just sit and chill :p
    Forum Member
    Well we're expecting a couple of visitors later but we had to go and visit most of them. As I said I don't mind. Gets me out and about :D
    Forum Member
    Evening!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How's you CNBC :)?
    Forum Member
    I'm ok but some food I had the other day seems to have disappeared and nobody will help me find it :( I suspect it was thrown out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate when that happens especially when you were looking forward to it :/
    Forum Member
    Yeah I wonder where it all goes :confused: I was just reading on the 'net that there's gonna be a documentary about the Hudson crash on TV in January :cool::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning All and a very merry happy happy Eve of Christmas Eve :p
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :p
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So X Factor back to it's place as the irrelevant Christmas number 1. Good, I would rather have ACDC keep their boastful position of never having had a number 1 song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was no surprise was it really though, the question is will she have the longevity and impact AC/DC have had (I'm saying nothing :p).

And how's you CNBC :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    It was no surprise was it really though, the question is will she have the longevity and impact AC/DC have had (I'm saying nothing :p).

I'll say it. She will not have that kind of longevity. In fact, I would place odds that she will be forgotten this time next year.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,909
    Forum Member
    Afternoon

Just finished the Christmas food shop with Mum. Absolute nightmare and the weather is terrible. I'm glad to be home with my feet up and a cup of tea. :)

Hav - Radio is going very well, thanks for asking. :) We had our Christmas show last night. That was brilliant, we took Quality Street and sweets with Christmas hats on to the wards and handed them out. I think that it was appreciated.
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »

I get the feeling the Christmas No 1 is rigged and no matter how many alternative songs or Facebook campaigns there are it will be the X Factor winner who gets it regardless >:( I'm ok, just had to reinstall all the apps on my phone as I had some trouble with it last night. It's working now though.
    Forum Member
    Trying to find some alternative Christmas songs. Ones that don't get played to death every year. So far I've found these two:

Don't Shoot Me Santa - The Killers
    Maybe This Christmas - Ron Sexsmith
    I get the feeling the Christmas No 1 is rigged and no matter how many alternative songs or Facebook campaigns there are it will be the X Factor winner who gets it regardless>:( I'm ok, just had to reinstall all the apps on my phone as I had some trouble with it last night. It's working now though.

That really wouldn't surprise me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Trying to find some alternative Christmas songs. Ones that don't get played to death every year. So far I've found these two:

Don't Shoot Me Santa - The Killers
    Maybe This Christmas - Ron Sexsmith

Try this Christmas song, Mimi. It's a rocker :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc4-Q__CWkg
    Forum Member
    Try this Christmas song, Mimi. It's a rocker :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc4-Q__CWkg

Seriously...This is brilliant! I wish that I'd known about this sooner, I'd have played it at the radio station last night.
    Forum Member

It's quite possible. It has been the Christmas No 1 nearly every year since 2005 with a couple of exceptions. It's ridiculous >:( It doesn't give anyone else a fair chance. I remember the days when artists would battle it out for Christmas No 1, now it's whoever wins the X Factor. It's time that show was axed or shortened.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously...This is brilliant! I wish that I'd known about this sooner, I'd have played it at the radio station last night.

Buy it here and support a charity :)

https://truckerdiablo.bandcamp.com/track/were-gonna-rock-this-christmas