Does anybody actually enjoy this heat?

Comments

• AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    The only thing I hate about this weather is the people who moan endlessly about it (for reference, not anyone who happens to just not like it).

I went to the beach yesterday with some friends, which was brilliant as we were graced with the best weather possible. But there's always that one person (or two sometimes) who moans when we won't move into the shade, they moan because they didn't bring swimwear so they specifically couldn't go in the sea and are offended when everyone else doesn't stay by their side on the beach, and are similarly offended when we refuse to go home early because we've had it 'our way' for hours. There always seems to be a person like this, or someone who complains about the heat but then moans through winter too.

Personally I love it. Personal preference would be to have a few degrees cooler in the night, just as a bit of a respite from it just for a while. But it's bearable enough I think, and doesn't really bother me.
  • Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first album ('Blue and Yellow') was a classic. 'Deceit' wasn't perfect but had some great tracks especially 'SPQR'.
    RIP Gareth Williams.

I saw Charles Hayward a few years ago, still got it.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I do once you get used to it.

I hate two days of scorching heat, followed by mild temperatures.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The moaning is a two way thing - the UK is one of the most notable countries for lack of extreme temperature differences, so I can see why a natural reaction would be its 'too' hot. But then for those who are tired of 10c nothingness, its hardly surprising that some would at least find it interesting weather. Plus, the fact that it never lasts all summer. Or, the element of surprise has gone for millions, given the level of travel to much warmer locations - they can at least bare it and expect it, if not enjoy it.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it... Could do with it being a couple of degrees (make that 10 :p) warmer for it to be truly glorious.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    It's not that hot or humid. What a pack of moaners. It's just pleasantly warm and nice to run in.

Pleasantly warm. lol ... you should try working in the centre of a big city.

Central London is humid and stuffy all year round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urban heat island effect plus humidity

also a reason why many prefer southern California in the summer to places like NYC and Boston, when they do go beyond 30c.
  • Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to a hot country on holiday and lazing by the nice cold pool is quite different to cramming onto a packed tube to go to work in an office with no air-con in Central London. I enjoy the sun when I'm abroad, but at work in London it's unbearable.

Agreed. This weather is without doubt lovely if you're on the beach with a cool drink and a nice breeze, not so much if you're stepping into a London workplace where the only air con option is Mega Tandoori Oven.
    It was 34 degrees in my office today. We have a few miserable little fans dotted around the place and all they do is blow around old dirt and dust. Which stings my eyes like mad.
    The hot nights are a doddle compared to that!
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urban heat island effect plus humidity

also a reason why many prefer southern California in the summer to places like NYC and Boston, when they do go beyond 30c.

27 in the uk can feel more uncomfortable than 30+ in most other countries as it doesn't cool down much in the night and it's usually pretty humid. I was in LA for ages and it never really felt 'hot and stuffy' like it does here now, even with a higher temperature.

If we had this weather consistently every summer for long periods then every one would have air conditioning in their house and work place.

23-25 clear sunshine and cool breezy nights is about the ideal.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! The only 'problem' is my work uniform for one of my jobs...all black so gets me very hot unnecessarily :(
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, for one, cannot wait for the heat to go away.
  • odz1odz1 Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it - My back garden is a heat trap and can't stay out for longer than 10mins.
    Going beach tomorrow hopefully bit of breeze.
    Think supposed cool down weekend according to weather
  • highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No my scrotum sweats a lot in the heat and in turn forms a rash, I have long hair so my fringe is always soaked.
    All my clothes seem to be black as I am a metal fan.
  • SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fortunate to live near the beach so a cool dip in the sea does the trick. Home is well insulated so tends to stay cool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    I, for one, cannot wait for the heat to go away.

Indeed, I prefer 6-10c with the odd warm day for drying the washing on the line.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No my scrotum sweats a lot in the heat and in turn forms a rash, I have long hair so my fringe is always soaked.
    All my clothes seem to be black as I am a metal fan.

Since when did being a metalhead mean you had to have clothes that are all black? I've been a metalhead since the days of early Sabbath and when Diamond Head were just starting out and yet all of my clothes were not black.

The obvious joke about your scrotum being close to your fringe is just so obvious that I won't even entertain posting it. :D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i seem to have picked up a kidney infection so it's almost impossible for me to sleep at the moment as whichever side a lay on, i get a lot of pain from my lower back. add to that the bloody humidty and that's likely why i got up half an hour ago and went and sat on the balcony
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone thinks hot weather is universally loved, when really, its only really loved when you can do nothing and lounge around on the beach or in beer gardens with everyone around you in great spirits and generally taking it easy. Irl that is not the case, in reality most people have to work, often in uniforms or environments that aren't suited to hot weather, and for long hours most days. Going about your daily business becomes a chore in this weather, things like travelling and getting to sleep are massive chores. This is why we go on holidays to hot places, it is very enjoyable, but most of us aren't getting to enjoy it, we're just getting hot and bothered

Quite right..
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing I hate about this weather is the people who moan endlessly about it (for reference, not anyone who happens to just not like it).

I went to the beach yesterday with some friends which was brilliant as we were graced with the best weather possible. But there's always that one person (or two sometimes) who moans when we won't move into the shade, they moan because they didn't bring swimwear so they specifically couldn't go in the sea and are offended when everyone else doesn't stay by their side on the beach, and are similarly offended when we refuse to go home early because we've had it 'our way' for hours. There always seems to be a person like this, or someone who complains about the heat but then moans through winter too.

Personally I love it. Personal preference would be to have a few degrees cooler in the night, just as a bit of a respite from it just for a while. But it's bearable enough I think, and doesn't really bother me.

There you go....

Having to work in this weather - often in a company uniform - is very different.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I love it, the hotter the better. I'm off to Dubai soon where it's 40+ degrees! let alone 23/24 degrees that it is here (unless your in london where it's 30 degrees for some reason...)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    There you go....

Having to work in this weather - often in a company uniform - is very different.

Exactly!!
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'm sick to death of people saying that you're a moaner if you say you dislike the heat.

It's fine for people who like it. Not for those of us who don't. Why can't some see that, like not everyone enjoys the same food or music, the same goes with the weather?

For the last week I've had a headache, hardly any sleep or rest, no energy and have been unable to go out.

Can't wait for coolness and rain!
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rise of the Insects.

they love the heat.

doing well from global warming

atomic radiation fallout from world war 3 will give them an extra boost ........
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it and it's nowhere near hot enough for me. I want it hotter...much hotter!! I love the sun and I love the heat. I've been walking to and from work every day, been going for a run, going to the gym, drinks and dinner out in the garden. I can't understand how anyone cannot love it, but each to their own I suppose.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I love it and it's nowhere near hot enough for me. I want it hotter...much hotter!! I love the sun and I love the heat. I've been walking to and from work every day, been going for a run, going to the gym, drinks and dinner out in the garden. I can't understand how anyone cannot love it, but each to their own I suppose.

I equally cannot understand how anyone can like it, but as you say, each to their own.