All but Christina are BORING duets.

2»

Comments

• cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot understand why Robbie is performing again this year?I'm also angry to hear it's likely to be a Matt/Robbie partnership.

Someone does to want Matt to win me thinks?:rolleyes: but he wants Wand Erection to win!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina singing Beautiful live.. starts well but gets a bit boring! imo.. here;
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ That's one of my fav performances of beautiful..each to their own!
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are all boring, but i think rhianna is the most ok
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I'll wait and see if I fall asleep right
    However I'll still be voting for Matt as long as he reaches the stage:D:D
  • sinbad22uksinbad22uk Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another post, sorry.

If the final 4 X factor contestants this year were

Christina
    Rhianna
    Robbie
    William

and they all sang "the winners song"

then I'd be surprised if the UK public voted anything less than 90% for Christina.

1 singer, one stunning singer versus the rest. No competition.

I'm actually hoping that the one outstanding singer in this competition (scouse lass) can duet beautifully with her. I'm yet to fall for Rebecca's voice despite recognising her as the best singer in the comp, I'm hoping for a stripped bare version of Beautiful or something of such ilk to 'turn me on' to her.

I don't know where your logic comes from, we are not in the USA we are in the UK in case you had forgotten and the other 3 are much more popular in the UK than Christina , who hasn't done anything here for years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am quite interested in what they are all going to do especially Cher and Will.i.am!
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsPublic wrote: »
    Here's a radical idea.

How about we all just shut up and see how they all do.

None of us know how any of the acts will sound with the folk they are duetting with. I certainly am no Cher or One Direction fan, but I'm willing to wait and see and give them all a listen.

Its just a singing contest, we all have our favourites.

All the people we don't like much might actually surprise us
    . And just for the record, apparently Danni wanted Christina for Matt, but as usual, Cheryl gets what Cheryl wants.

I really like Rebecca but I have a feeling this may backfire spectacularly with Christina's vocal gymnastics. I really hope not tbh..

You wewre making complete and utter sense up to the point of the bolded bit. Why can't people hust get over the Matt/Christina thing. It would never have worked.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,640
    Forum Member
    You don't think Christina is boring?
  • PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    i am hoping Christina will be better than Rihanna. i know christina's voice is much more powerful, but i just hope the actual performance is up to scratch.
    purely because i do not want matt to win!! then again, it would be quite amusing having yet another flop winner :D

That's nice of you. You would find someone's career falling to pieces amusing? Personally I don't think Matt would flop anyway.
    George Michael was the same last year but he was part of the reason Joe won

Was it? I didn't think it was that good. He was favourite to win before he even did that duet.

In my opinion the only duet which had an effect was Alex and Beyonce. That's the only duet I would watch again and again. I wasn't even an Alex fan – I wanted JLS to win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sinbad22uk wrote: »
    I don't know where your logic comes from, we are not in the USA we are in the UK in case you had forgotten and the other 3 are much more popular in the UK than Christina , who hasn't done anything here for years.

My logic comes on purely singing abiities.

If all 4 were unknown acts who had come through the X Factor process, I maintain that Christina's warbling would sweep the board if up against Robbie, Will.i.am and Rhianna.

Rebecca and Matt would beat them too but Christina would marmalise them.
  • wczorajdzonsonwczorajdzonson Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Maybe Cher will sing Cheryl's part of "3 Words" :D That would be awful.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phoebica wrote: »
    That's nice of you. You would find someone's career falling to pieces amusing? Personally I don't think Matt would flop anyway.

Was it? I didn't think it was that good. He was favourite to win before he even did that duet.

In my opinion the only duet which had an effect was Alex and Beyonce. That's the only duet I would watch again and again. I wasn't even an Alex fan – I wanted JLS to win.

And Kylie and Leon, all Rhydian got was Katherine Jenkins...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the past the celeb duets have helped contestants win. E.g. Kylie and Leon, Alex and Beyonce...

The thing this year is that BOTH Rihanna and Christina are huge stars in their own right. Rihanna is the current global pop star who teens and younger people love and Christina is the icon who has been in the industry over a decade and has earned alot of respect.

They will both be favourable duets for Matt and Rebecca and both duets have the potential to be outstanding.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    No. All the duets are interesting except for the rebecca - xtina one.
    I'm very curious about the Matt-Rihanna pairing. I wonder how they will work it out because their voices and styles are completely different.
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why do they always pick a celebrity to duet with the contestants with a similar sound rather than a contrasting sound, thus turning most of the duets into an who can over sing who competition rather than a way to show case their voices?

Last year Robbie was just embarrassing!
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBKrayzee wrote: »
    Christina singing Beautiful live.. starts well but gets a bit boring! imo.. here;

More to the point is she going to be moving around the stage while Rebecca stands rooted to spot.

Gonna look mighty odd if that happens :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher and will.i.am should sing Boom Boom Pow.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Im looking forward to Matt and Rihanna
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,640
    Forum Member
    River_Tam wrote: »
    why do they always pick a celebrity to duet with the contestants with a similar sound rather than a contrasting sound, thus turning most of the duets into an who can over sing who competition rather than a way to show case their voices?

Last year Robbie was just embarrassing!
    It was Olly who was embarrassing, with his 'Why's that, Robbie?' Cringe! :o
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    It was Olly who was embarrassing, with his 'Why's that, Robbie?' Cringe! :o

the entire performance was embarrassing like two drunk uncles singing karaoke at a wedding.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lahtigurl wrote: »
    No. All the duets are interesting except for the rebecca - xtina one. I'm very curious about the Matt-Rihanna pairing. I wonder how they will work it out because their voices and styles are completely different.

Hilarious. :rolleyes: What a joke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the Christina/Rebecca duet either has the potential to be complete carcrash or be the best and therefore potentially be the winner for Rebecca. We shall wait and see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that Matt was due to duet with Christina but his voice not being at his best meant they had to change it. Matt duetting with Christina whilst his voice isn't at his best would harm his chances to win.

I am intrigued by Matt and Rihanna's duet as it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love christina aguileras voice, seriously the Beatles could reunite on that stage, Elvis could walk back in the building and christina would vocally tower over them all

i actually think its a bad thing to be paired with her she will make whoever she sings with sound like shite,

its like a very small planet being outdwarfed by jupiter lol:p