I'm considering watching more Doctor Who

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
Forum Member
I'll probably be slated for this, but:

I've only watched Series 7 twice this year in the time it's been off. There's a whole box set coming out at the end of this month.

There's a complete episode and pretty much all of another that I've never seen before just discovered and available to download.

Next month is the 50th and there's a special that's going to be a joyous celebration of the entire 50 years, likely to have little in jokes and references for us to spot.

The BBC have just started teasing the anniversary on prime time TV, with more to come in the build up over the coming weeks. If they are making the effort, I guess I should too.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I just don't have time to reply to this. I'm watching Doctor Who.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've been a fan for years and will eventually get all the episodes on DVD, i was going to do it a while ago but with the always looming new episode dicovery in the air i waited.

love classic who.. love the new series as well..the more who the better for me..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I agree no time to reply to this, Two whole stories first time either have been available since the late 60's to watch and Then Doctors revisited on Watch no time to reply
  • mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also impressed that one of the BBC's commercial satellite channels is building up to the anniversary, showing new documentaries, and full stories for each of the Doctors.

"Today I am mostly watching The Aztecs!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep quiet you lot, I'm trying to watch Episode 2 of The Sensorites!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I'm about to start The Space Museum on my slow watch through of what i can watch or listen to next time i watch which will be Monday, so i saw the Sensorites a few weeks ago but i promise no spoilers :P
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    i've been a fan for years and will eventually get all the episodes on DVD, i was going to do it a while ago but with the always looming new episode dicovery in the air i waited.

love classic who.. love the new series as well..the more who the better for me..

I've got a massive backlog of Doctor Who DVDs to buy. Being unemployed and sometimes strapped for cash I'm not able to buy them regularly on their release. What I usually do is get a few off Amazon around Christmas or my birthday and ask members of my family to buy them for me as well.

However I'll make a point of buying Enemy and Web as soon as they are released (extras or no extras)
  • mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sensorites

Is that the militant wing of Mary Whitehouse's National Viewers and Listeners Association?
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid I'd have to agree. The Troughton era to finish, the newly recovered episodes to see in all their glory, the series 7 boxset and the coming 50th special and Christmas special to look forward to.
    I hate to say it, but it looks like I'm going to have to watch more Doctor Who.