Options

The Barton's ED

avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone wish that instead of bringing in John's brother and his family they bought in Moria's mum instead?

Comments

• Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    No, but I wish they just kept the Barton stable as it was originally intended (nuclear family setup minus John)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love the introduction of the bartons, especially finn. a great addition to the dales. i like the idea of bringing moira's mother into it. :)
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying them.
    Pete Barton's accent annoys me
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to think we'll see Moira's mum at the wedding (along with her mad Auntie Morag, played by Janette Krankie...).
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No - loving the barton men. well 3 of them, that finn is just a ********.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the Barton's....I wish we could see more of James..the last few episodes that we saw him in with Chas he was so different ..a lot more relaxed and happy..more please.
  • Options
    marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Finn the best but I can't stand the dad (Mr Macho Man. Not)
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,456
    Forum Member
    I like Pete & James but Finn & Ross are starting to grate on me a little bit.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes because one thing all soaps needs, except River City, is more Scottish people :D
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes because one thing all soaps needs, except River City, is more Scottish people :D

Gray o Brien as Moira's sexy brother:D got to happen!
    How about Dennis Lawson as her dad?Julie Grahame would be good as a sister - they're fairly similar

HEck, w could cast every actor in scotland as Moira's extended family. A friend of my sister knows one of guys from Gary Tank Commander - he could be her wee brother:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about Dennis Lawson as her dad?Julie Grahame would be good as a sister - they're fairly similar

HEck, w could cast every actor in scotland as Moira's extended family. A friend of my sister knows one of guys from Gary Tank Commander - he could be her wee brother:D

Gordon Strachan as Moira's dad, and that Anita woman off Bargain Hunt as her mam.
    That'd be boss.
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulu and Rab C Nesbitt for mum and dad.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the mass invasion of Butlers Farm by the 2nd Barton family was a mistake; too many of them, and none of them with any character. Moira's mother, and perhaps a brother, would have been better. I see her mother as a feisty woman who would have been a match for the Dingles, and she would have interacted well with the other older women in the village.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh yes to Gary being her brother. Eileen McCallum as her mother, and as previously spoken about Joyce Falconer as her annoying sister.
    BIB: Yes, let's cast 6 of them ;)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes to Gary being her brother. Eileen McCallum as her mother, and as previously spoken about Joyce Falconer as her annoying sister.

Sorry no. When you lot vote to be independent, you will need a Visa to come and work in Yorkshire, which I'm sure will not be granted. :p:p

Personally and for the sake of realism, I think we need more Romanians and Poles in Emmerdale. :cool::D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Joyce Falconer could have been Gennie's sister, they are the spitting image of each other! :o

I agree with what some poster said earlier - quite like James and Pete but not Ross or Finn. Ross is so one-dimensional and Finn is a smug bore.

Moira has become very unlikeable, in my opinion. They are trying to portray her as the feisty, matriarch figure ala Annie Sugden, but she just comes across as obnoxious and arrogant. Also, she is somewhat back to where she started in that she is very isolated from the village again. I loved Moira's stint as a barmaid at The Woolpack and crucially, it put her at the heart of the community.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's good that they wrote James out for a while so we could see more of Pete - he was always in James' shadow and has been able to step up a bit in James' absence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    love the barton boys except i cant stand james and i hate it even more that they are pairing him with chas.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Joyce Falconer could have been Gennie's sister, they are the spitting image of each other! :o

I agree with what some poster said earlier - quite like James and Pete but not Ross or Finn. Ross is so one-dimensional and Finn is a smug bore.

Moira has become very unlikeable, in my opinion. They are trying to portray her as the feisty, matriarch figure ala Annie Sugden, but she just comes across as obnoxious and arrogant. Also, she is somewhat back to where she started in that she is very isolated from the village again. I loved Moira's stint as a barmaid at The Woolpack and crucially, it put her at the heart of the community.

bib: No wonder she and Cain are so well suited.

As for the Barton men, Ross is my favourite, by far, but I'm disappointed that he is currently reduced to being bossed around by the surly oxygen thief, Princess Debbie. He (and Pete) could do so much better than her too. Why couldn't he lust after, say, Bernice or Victoria? Unless he has a fetish for blank-faced blocks of ice.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    avaconrad wrote: »
    Does anyone wish that instead of bringing in John's brother and his family they bought in Moria's mum instead?

Can't they have both? I'd love Moira's Mum to turn up for the wedding. She sounds like a dragon and watching her go up against Cain would be amazing. But generally I really love the Bartons, specially Ross and Finn, so I don't want to lose them.
    As for the Barton men, Ross is my favourite, by far, but I'm disappointed that he is currently reduced to being bossed around by the surly oxygen thief, Princess Debbie. He (and Pete) could do so much better than her too. Why couldn't he lust after, say, Bernice or Victoria? Unless he has a fetish for blank-faced blocks of ice.

Ross and Victoria? I like that idea. He could be driven crazy by his desire for the love of a good woman who keeps showing him the door. Bit similar to Cain and Moira, but what the hell, it works for me.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still only like Finn and Ross despite the recent attempts to make Pete work.

I don't like Moira as much as I used to, she just seems to revel in male attention and I think enjoys the tension with Cain and James fighting over her.

As for the mother coming in, why not? Plenty of space for her in the house with magical bedrooms. She would probably be awesome, didn't she refuse to give Moira money for the farm when she and John were in trouble?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Sorry no. When you lot vote to be independent, you will need a Visa to come and work in Yorkshire, which I'm sure will not be granted. :p:p

Personally and for the sake of realism, I think we need more Romanians and Poles in Emmerdale. :cool::D:D
    I know. You wouldn!t want a habitual criminal of low moral fibre like myself crossing the border:D in the probably unlikely ?event that it goes ahead that kind of stuff is going t be so strange:o

Agree re the polish and romanians. THey might have to be careful about thst though, with all the stuff about many of them having to give most of their wages to gangmasters. BUt they could have someone who wasn't in that situation. Olena was a good character, it was a shame Sam shopped her to the immigration the rotten git
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    I still only like Finn and Ross despite the recent attempts to make Pete work.

I don't like Moira as much as I used to, she just seems to revel in male attention and I think enjoys the tension with Cain and James fighting over her.

As for the mother coming in, why not? Plenty of space for her in the house with magical bedrooms. She would probably be awesome, didn't she refuse to give Moira money for the farm when she and John were in trouble?

Moira definitely gets a kick out of it. I suppose the farmhouse could be quite big (unless all f the B artons are bunking up in :Done room?), but it would be stretching credibiity a bit to have more people there - i bet Adam doesn't do sharing:D
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bib: No wonder she and Cain are so well suited.

I don't get why they don't give Victoria a big story of her own? It's about time she got some male attention and a love interest. I really like the sound of her and Ross together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moira definitely gets a kick out of it. I suppose the farmhouse could be quite big (unless all f the Bartons are bunking up in :Done room?), but it would be stretching credibiity a bit to have more people there - i bet Adam doesn't do sharing:D

what woman wouldn't, "still got it...still sexy" ;) I imagine Adam sort of hates it as he has always been the golden boy in the house, not anymore.