Dragon's Den

Comments

• John_DarylJohn_Daryl Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    The heel protectors are available from E-Bay for 99p delivered! & this thread should be in reality tv there the main thread is.

EXACTLY!. They've been around for some time now (and much cheaper too than the ones on the show, and lets face it, for the odd occasion that they would ever be used no-one is wanting to spend 5 times more money on them than what they can already get them for!!) so why on earth the dragons got so excited about them and wanted to invest is beyond me!
    Coupled with their strange enthusiasm for a "modernised" photo booth from a couple of "full of themselves" cocky lads, really does indicate that the show which once was very innovative and vibrant, is now getting very stale and forced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How have none of you yet mentioned those 'meggings'!

LMAO
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on earth is the obsession with hiving this off to the reality tv forum? This doesn't fit in that genre at all. It's factual TV, if you're going to be picky, it's nothing like BB or Made in Essex. Lighten up! If these busybodies have there way there will hardly be anything discussed in the main TV forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    I couldn't believe the cheek of those " inventors" with their kicking game, 4 feathers on a weight, cost 70 pence selling for £7. 99. They must think people are idiots!

I thought the new episode was awful.

Jones' attitude stank. £800 "cheap" for basic home automation. Yeah, maybe for you pal. Then the whole "recite after me" patronise-a-thon. OK, those lads were dicks but not the point.

And that one with the poodle hairstyle. Why doesn't she just f*** off?! Irritating old bag.

Evan Davis is one of the most disengaging presenters i've ever known, hate the weird looking little tossbag.

Then there's the endless intros and recaps.

Can't have been more than 10 minutes of content in the entire show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The meggings were a laff I loved them :D:D
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surprised the photo booth got picked up. I love photo booths - we had one at our wedding last year...but...

a) traditional booths have a curtain on for privacy - will people be willing to do silly faces as much when everyone can see?

b) we had props - I don't think they were utilising props with theirs? Props are half of the fun!
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Johnr wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, but how is that in any way related to a business pitch?

If you weren't too busy slagging the woman off, perhaps you'd have heard her say that having extensive treatment slowed down what she was able to do to promote her business.
    Also Evan Davies is clearly trying to shove more lame puns in than ever! Such as the 'lights out' one for the lightbulb guy :blush:

Davis is simply not needed. The show needs no extra presenter, hanging around like a spare ***** at a wedding.
    If Peter Jones says '...and that's the only reason I'm out' one more time too...

The big problem with Jones is that no one will tell him he's not in any way funny, and what he mistakes for stunning wit is usually the opposite. But at least he speaks. Stroppy woman is wearing really badly, and gives the impression she'd have people's danglers for ear-rings, new bloke is bland as a magnolia factory, new woman is using a preposterous haircut to hide her excessive conk, and poor old Bannatyne seems like he's on a different planet.

Once you've seen how it's really done, on Shark Tank, Dragon's Den is just opinionated twaddle, and deathly boring. I tried the current episode after a long break, and soon realized I was wasting time that could've been spent watching paint dry.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »

Piers is no great loss, hardly invested in anything and just rode on the coat tails of the others.

Agree DD's dead in the water now
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness he's gone. Both of them were a terrible addition to the show. No personality or charisma at all.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that leaves just Peter & Deborah. End of the road for the show imho. I can't see them being able to slot three new people in at once.

If Peter somehow managed to talk Theo and Duncan into doing another series then I'd probably watch it but otherwise I think it's time they stopped.
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't bothered with this series and I'm guessing I'm not the only one. Its biggest failing was not being bold enough to make big changes to keep the audiences interested. Goodbye DD
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Peter has just confirmed on The One Show there IS another series after this one and heavily hinted Michelle Mone is one of the new Dragons.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she is i'll be watching,:D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well Peter has just confirmed on The One Show there IS another series after this one and heavily hinted Michelle Mone is one of the new Dragons.

Either her or Jacqueline Gold.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This caricature guy acts like he's snorted a bag of coke before the pitch.
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    Someone needs to buy Evan Davis a suit that fits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These gloves already exist. Next.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    "So you have a caricature of me that looks nothing like me?"

:D
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    How does this bluetooth thing work then? There must be a battery in those gloves, and that will need charging or replacing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Kelly ever invest in anything without another Dragon saying it's a good idea?
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh, he can't do the iglove :confused:
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick google and found this

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/02/apple_glove_patent/

Apple patent for touchscreen glove for iPhone called iglove

Doubt this would survive due diligence post filming