im.sorry but i dont like this..

Comments

• Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Which part of that is bollocks then? It's the truth love.

The part where you just generalised all men and all women, as a whole.

Yeah I get where you're coming from but you can't seriously think all good looking women have no problem finding a partner? I know loads. And if we are generalising, then it would be the same for good looking men as well.

And not all men 'expect' women to have those qualities either.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    The part where you just generalised all men and all women, as a whole.

Yeah I get where you're coming from but you can't seriously think all good looking women have no problem finding a partner? I know loads. And not all men 'expect' women to have those qualities either.

Sorry, I was being a bit confrontational calling you "love", I didn't mean it. I apologise.

I know not "all" but I am talking from a basic level of men and women, and how they work. A beautiful woman walks into a local rugby club, and all the players would be round her in a shot, and she would be attractive for as long as she played hard to get. If she spent the next couple of months going round every player in the team however, suddenly, that alluring sense of unattainability has gone, and she may no longer appeal to that inherent competitive nature in blokes and be instead seen as somebody "easy", and no longer a prospect. That's pretty much a given.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I was being a bit confrontational calling you "love", I didn't mean it. I apologise.

I know not "all" but I am talking from a basic level of men and women, and how they work. A beautiful woman walks into a local rugby club, and all the players would be round her in a shot, and she would be attractive for as long as she played hard to get. If she spent the next couple of months going round every player in the team however, suddenly, that alluring sense of unattainability has gone, and she may no longer appeal to that inherent competitive nature in blokes and be instead seen as somebody "easy", and no longer a prospect. That's pretty much a given.

You could say exactly the same about a handsome man. It doesn't make a man more attractive to women if he known to be promiscuous either. In fact it is very off-putting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A beautiful woman walks into a local rugby club, and all the players would be round her in a shot, and she would be attractive for as long as she played hard to get. If she spent the next couple of months going round every player in the team however, suddenly, that alluring sense of unattainability has gone, and she may no longer appeal to that inherent competitive nature in blokes and be instead seen as somebody "easy", and no longer a prospect. That's pretty much a given.

True, but the same would apply to a man who did the same. It would put a lot of women off too. I'm not sure it's to do with wanting attainability, although that would undoubtedly be the case with some people. But it's also to do with, y'know, just not wanting to be with someone who's shagged all your friends ;)
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I know is, I still have to try and I'm bloody married!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    All I know is, I still have to try and I'm bloody married!

Aaw, you never said :);)
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    You could say exactly the same about a handsome man. It doesn't make a man more attractive to women if he known to be promiscuous either. In fact it is very off-putting.
    True, but the same would apply to a man who did the same. It would put a lot of women off too. I'm not sure it's to do with wanting attainability, although that would undoubtedly be the case with some people. But it's also to do with, y'know, just not wanting to be with someone who's shagged all your friends ;)

The perception of those people would be different amongst their male / female peers though. I think that was the point I was (admittedly clumsily) making.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Has Ray Winstone been posting then?

Nah, that's "Shlaaag" a la Eastenders! :D

FWIW, I don't really like the word and I really hate the 'C' word, too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of women, or some anyway, who are promiscuous are just particularly soft-hearted, sympathetic, lovely people.

I've known some highly attractive women who've only had sex with very old men who were in terrible unfit shape, very sick men with off-putting diseases, and very unattractive-looking men with low confidence - men who would rarely get sex from any woman unless they paid for it.

I think it is charitable of them and they are good, lovely people.

I don't think men who are players are very attractive to women usually, but probably some of them are especially sympathetic characters also.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolls wrote: »
    I think a lot of women, or some anyway, who are promiscuous are just particularly soft-hearted, sympathetic, lovely people.

I've known some highly attractive women who've only had sex with very old men who were in terrible unfit shape, very sick men with off-putting diseases, and very unattractive-looking men with low confidence - men who would rarely get sex from any woman unless they paid for it.

I think it is charitable of them and they are good, lovely people.

I don't think men who are players are very attractive to women usually, but probably some of them are especially sympathetic characters also.

I have never come across any women like that ... whats in it for them? Do they feel sorry for these men so they give them a mercy shag?

I think there are a lot of promiscuous people around these days who like to brag about how many sexual partners they have had. I was recently out with some friends and one of them told me he had slept with over a 100 women. I felt like saying "What do you want a bleeding medal?" I would never tell anyone how many lovers I had had because its nobodies business but mine.
  • Satan SlaveSatan Slave Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    People using the 'slag' word on here. What exactly defines a slag, out of interest. I would love to know. The reason women find it offensive is because actually we want to be treated like women, not ladies, like women. If you don't know what that even means then you need some more practice at being a man. A proper man.

Up here it also has another meaning...like the way someone can cut someone else up...they slag them off.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

Prostitutes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Prostitutes?

One was - but not charging any money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baz O wrote: »
    I have never come across any women like that ... whats in it for them? Do they feel sorry for these men so they give them a mercy shag?

I think there are a lot of promiscuous people around these days who like to brag about how many sexual partners they have had. I was recently out with some friends and one of them told me he had slept with over a 100 women. I felt like saying "What do you want a bleeding medal?" I would never tell anyone how many lovers I had had because its nobodies business but mine.

Yes.

One of my best friends over my whole life was like that. She was stunning, she had high self esteem, and she slept around as the saying goes - but never with a good looking, conventionally attractive man who would be seen as a good catch.

Due to pity.

A very soft-hearted person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you don't seem to understand why men are often lauded for their sexual exploits, whilst women are usually chastised. It's unfair, but fundamentally, it's down to how men and women, like most males and females, relate to each other in courtship terms.

50 odd years ago perhaps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a twee thought, but the reality is that males must usually compete for females, and humans are no different. It is the man who must usually have to battle or put in the work to land a woman, not the other way around. That is why men are said to have "conquests" A good-looking woman for example does not even have to try to get a partner, unlike her male counterpart, she can have her pick. It's the way men and women have been programmed. Men expect them to be alluring, but unattainable, provocative, but at the same time virtuous.

Complex things, relationships. Try one and find out.

This is just rubbish.

You are absolutely deluded if you think women don't compete with each other for the opposite sex just as much as men do.
    As for the alluring but virtuous comment, hark I can hear the 1950's calling.... :D
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    A **** is a woman who sleeps with everyone. A slag is a woman who sleeps with everyone but me.

ha Ha that's about right! :D
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

One of my best friends over my whole life was like that. She was stunning, she had high self esteem, and she slept around as the saying goes - but never with a good looking, conventionally attractive man who would be seen as a good catch.

Due to pity.

Do I live in a parallel universe or does this actually happen? Can you send her to my universe please? :D

I agree from my perspective it's much easier for women to get partners than men, its just that women make it far more difficult for themselves by choosing men they can never have. I have seen so many instances of women who are, to be blunt, fat and ugly with personalities every bit as ugly as they are go after men who are completely out of their league, or others going for married men etc then complaining they can't get a partner despite ignoring the thousands of single men out there who appear to be lost causes thanks to women believing they are better than they actually are.

Took me 12 years to find a woman who didn't have her head up her arse tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shut it you slaaag !

Put your knickers on and make me a cup of tea ...
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should there be a difference neither gender should sleep around and if they do they should both get tarred with the same brush.

I think you should only sleep with someone you are in love with

What happens if you and the person you're sleeping with, y'know, actually like the act of sexual intercourse? Why mess around with all the 'getting to know each other' stuff, dating, falling in love just to get your end away?

You do realise that there's nothing wrong with having sex with someone you don't love?
  • BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was going to be about apostrophes.

Disappointed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    One of my girls at work is extremely open about her sex life. I told her this morning she was a ****. She laughed and agreed. She doesn't seem to realize the danger she puts herself and her wee girl in by picking up all these strange blokes. Our main worry is that she ends up with some std or even raped.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

Due to pity.

She must be a one off because I don't know any women like that. A woman who sleeps with men because she feels sorry for them ... lol :D
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would extend that to say that most men and women probably wouldn't want to be just another conquest themselves and that it would make it literally meaningless.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    A **** is a woman who sleeps with everyone. A slag is a woman who sleeps with everyone but me.

I thought a **** was just a sexy slag. **** appears to be quite an affectionate term in "certain quarters". Slag is never affectionate.
    But I also get your meaning as well. :)