Options

Were 5, 6 and 7 actually in the 50th?

K2kK2k Posts: 200
Forum Member
After watching the Five Doctors - Reboot?

Comments

• Options
    jackjack1984jackjack1984 Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I Like to think so,
    Both were filmed at the same time, they had to have someone under those sheets & who better than the doctors who were not in the script.

That way each doctor was someway involved with the 50th (counting The Night Of The Doctor)
  • Options
    Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully. I'll have to re-watch to see if there's a slightly larger Zygon for Colin Baker.
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe how good Peter Davisons script was..has he written before..there were some truly inspired moments in there..loved the music style changing as they entered Cardiff studios.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    I cannot believe how good Peter Davisons script was..has he written before..there were some truly inspired moments in there..loved the music style changing as they entered Cardiff studios.

I loved it, too. It perfectly captured the tone of the show when Davison, Baker and McCoy were in it and was a lovely tribute that complemented the main episode.

The thought of being stuck in a car from London to Cardiff with Barrowman belting out show tunes has still got me chuckling.

And, yes, I love the idea that they were there in the show really. Great touch.
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully. I'll have to re-watch to see if there's a slightly larger Zygon for Colin Baker.

Didn't you watch it? They were Daleks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Corabal wrote: »
    Didn't you watch it? They were Daleks

Yeah that scene was "cut" at the end then there was a mid credits scene in the fiveish doctors
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Just watched this and loved it! I hadn't noticed it on the red button yesterday but watched it on iplayer today. Was really impressed at how willing all involved were to laugh at themselves.
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    my son has met Colin Baker and sylvester McCoy at a convention, and they were both so lovely and friendly, and chatted to him for ages:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really really hope they were
    under the cloths
    the idea makes me chuckle & I'm sure when i wated one of the you know whats had feet with shoes....
  • Options
    aussiewantsaps2aussiewantsaps2 Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was very silly and well done PD, I do sense the irritance from CB and SM at not being invited to be in the 50th was real. Paul McGann was in it after all via Night of the Doctor and I sense PD is quite at ease either way. Colin Baker was desperate for the exposure!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When we first saw the statues in the trailer I speculated that they were statues of the various incarnations mainly because one of them was quite short compared to the others which I took to be a 7th Doctor statue. :)

Hopefully it really was Sylvester.
  • Options
    TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »

That was fantastic!
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was very silly and well done PD, I do sense the irritance from CB and SM at not being invited to be in the 50th was real. Paul McGann was in it after all via Night of the Doctor and I sense PD is quite at ease either way. Colin Baker was desperate for the exposure!

Nah, both CB and SM were being nothing more than faux peed and imo they were doing it for the exposure of Doctor Who not themselves. I think CB has exorcised his ghosts, he was in it for the fun and he was very funny.