Options

If O2 became Three would you leave?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been with O2 for years but if it becomes Three or another EE I would leave the network.

BT would have been safer hands for O2. Sky's involment now makes little odds.

Comments

• Options
    daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. It would make them more attractive to me. Even if they have to divest some of it, the range of spectrum they'd have and the implications of that for coverage and speed would make them potentially the best UK network.
  • Options
    WelshBluebirdWelshBluebird Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been with O2 for years but if it becomes Three or another EE I would leave the networ..

What do you mean "becomes Three or another EE"?
    You mean become an operator that actually invests in its network?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What do you mean "becomes Three or another EE"?
    You mean become an operator that actually invests in its network?

Your crazy! everyone knows o2 invest 1M a day in there network... Jokes!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    I have been with O2 for years but if it becomes Three or another EE I would leave the network.

It seems like a really silly question IMO.

What do you actually mean by "if it becomes Three or another EE"?
  • Options
    Darth-HabibDarth-Habib Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    It seems like a really silly question IMO.

What do you actually mean by "if it becomes Three or another EE"?

For me, I was with o2 (well technically Cellnet) since 1996 until 2012.

I joined EE in 2012 for their 4G services.

For the first 18 months or so, EE were fab, bar the odd few hours here and there when their data services went down.

But the last six months were a nightmare.

They'd randomly apply content locks, which then took 24 hours to remove.

I ended up with 4 contracts with EE (2 mobile, 2 iPad deals)

They couldn't bill correctly to save themselves.

Two months in a row, I had my services restricted because the direct debit went out ok, but they applied the whole to payment to one of the numbers, and not the rest of them, so on their systems it appeared I had failed to pay three accounts.

Their customer services assured me that things would be resolved, but they weren't.

I had to send them a copy of my BT bill showing them I had been on the phone to them for over an hour, when their records showed I hadn't made contact.

So I jumped backed to o2 last October, and it has been a joy.
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graeme89 wrote: »
    Your crazy! everyone knows o2 invest 1M a day in there network... Jokes!!!

But you're in Glasgow. Another DS correspondant in Glasgow constantly raved about how the O2 network in Glasgow was the model of perfection.
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the O2 sale drags 3 down I might leave 3, of course.

My only option then would be to move to EE as Vodafone have demonstrated similar non-existent investment to O2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    moox wrote: »
    But you're in Glasgow. Another DS correspondant in Glasgow constantly raved about how the O2 network in Glasgow was the model of perfection.

If thats the case it must have been upgraded since I left in 2012 which I highly doubt, My misses left them due to calls dropping out and barely getting a signal when she was indoors
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member

Exactly the opposite, if Three were to take over O2 I just might consider using them at some time in the future.

O2 as it is now? I'd rather use a call box...
  • Options
    RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member

So you are left with Vodafone as an option? Believe me you would be much better of with Three or EE than Vodafone.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    Exactly the opposite, if Three were to take over O2 I just might consider using them at some time in the future.

O2 as it is now? I'd rather use a call box...

This.
  • Options
    GrayburnGrayburn Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I would very much think about my options if o2 totally changed to Three seeing as i've only been back on o2 for 7 months after a 2 year sentence with Three whom which i only went with to get the iPhone 5 as i'm an impatient bastard.

There is nothing about Three that i can say i liked. I was lied to for the whole contract about mast upgrades,congestion where i work (City EC4) made data unusable and the signal rarely penetrated my office walls. CS was okay to an extent but not a patch on any of my dealings with o2's CS which was few & far between.

I prefer everything about o2 and cant fault their 4G that works great for me. Yeah 3G is shit but i rarely go down to that.
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    I think the problem is that the choice is shrinking......Never good.
    The argument over who is best is a bit pointless. It will depend on individual experience and location. I use an MVNO on O2 and find the signal to be constant in all areas (Except North Norfolk:D} that I use.
    I'd never use a contract for mobile phone so I'm never tied in and haven't felt the need to move from O2.
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    I think the fact that O2 is (potentially) combining with Three should be enough to scare millions of Three customers off the network ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the fact that O2 is (potentially) combining with Three should be enough to scare millions of Three customers off the network ;)

Ture... I joined 3 to get away from o2 if o2 users make it a poor service I will leave
  • Options
    Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I wouldn't leave.
  • Options
    planetf1planetf1 Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opposite here too - O2 might become a network with good data coverage... Last I tried it 3G was ridiculous. Vodafone is problematic too. EE/Three only network with decent 3G, admittedly voda's 4G seems to get them back into the game

O2+3 have the potential to be a strong competitor to voda and bt/ee -
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LinkinPark's guff isn't limited to gaming and football threads then.
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I would leave when my contract ends - I hated Three and left them due to awful customer service (for me).
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    I don't know about you guys but i've been an o2 customer for more than 50 years and their network is the best ever. If Three buy o2 its clear that us loyal customers will lose all our signal straight away and be plunged into the dark ages of a poor network with less than adequete 3G coverage and expensive capped data plans, not to mention the crappy customer service that three are known for.

At this point it makes sense to move to a better network like giffgaff who will have the best signal and customer service ever.
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys but i've been an o2 customer for more than 50 years and their network is the best ever. If Three buy o2 its clear that us loyal customers will lose all our signal straight away and be plunged into the dark ages of a poor network with less than adequete 3G coverage and expensive capped data plans, not to mention the crappy customer service that three are known for.

At this point it makes sense to move to a better network like giffgaff who will have the best signal and customer service ever.

Looks like wavejock has hijacked an account to get back on the forum ;-).

:D
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd consider O2 whereas for the last 10 years I have tested them, but never wanted to be on the network.
  • Options
    GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    Never have a bad thing to say about O2. The slow internet makes me look out of the window and re-evaluate my priorities about what is important in life.
  • Options
    lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moox wrote: »
    If the O2 sale drags 3 down I might leave 3, of course.

My only option then would be to move to EE as Vodafone have demonstrated similar non-existent investment to O2

This, for pretty much the same reasoning - the only networks that spend money on themselves here are Three and EE, and it shows.

My only option then would be a network on EE (but NOT EE itself, as I'd rather go without than deal with their toxic customer service again). As for Vodafone, well, the less said about their 'investment' the better.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    If it became like EE & Three it would be in with a chance of being the best network. Just saying.