FM on ITV2

FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
Forum Member
Hi all,

I have just popped over from the "dark side" - the radio forum to enquire as to if anyone here knows when the ITV2 show that has been promo-ed for a while is airing - I think the show is called "FM"

Thanks

Comments

• Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    A week tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Wow, I remember the original pilot for this, years ago! It was a part of the Channel 4 Comedy lab series the year Katy Brand did one, and starred Dean Lennox Kelly and Warwick Davis - the star of Willow! And it was ab-so-lute bloody rubbish!

I can only hope that the years of development have improved the script. And that Kevin Bishop fits in Warwick's costumes...
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seen the ad on ITV yesterday looks like it i'll be good. Anyone know what time it'll be on?

Thanks,
    Cameron
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this after seeing the promos on ITV2. I like the two lead roles in it so hopefully it will be good.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to this after seeing the promos on ITV2. I like the two lead roles in it so hopefully it will be good.

Isn't it one of the guys from the Barclaycard ad ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »

No, one is from the IT Croud, and the other is from Star Stories (andhte Kevin Bishop shos of course ;))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    looking forward to this, chris o'dowd should be good in the lead role. The Total tv guide even says it's 'one of those rare things, a funny new comedy'. Take it with a pinch of salt, but the mag is rarely wrong. :D
    Forum Member
    Kevin Bishop was in the Natwest ads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.itv.com/PressCentre/Presspacks/FM/default.html

I do so hope this is better than past 'radio on TV' excursions.

WKRP in Cincinatti is the only half decent one I can ever recall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

I have just popped over from the "dark side" - the radio forum to enquire as to if anyone here knows when the ITV2 show that has been promo-ed for a while is airing - I think the show is called "FM"

Thanks
    Wednesday 25th at 10:30pm ITV2.
    It's a great show, but I am a bit biased!
    twitter.com/jpgdesign
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to let people know, you can watch the first episode online here: http://www.itv.com/Entertainment/comedy/FM/FMVideo/default.html
  • Westy123Westy123 Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Just to let people know, you can watch the first episode online here: http://www.itv.com/Entertainment/comedy/FM/FMVideo/default.html

I click on the "watch episode one" link but it only shows a short clip of 1 minute and 36 seconds :confused:
  • philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,176
    Forum Member
    wasn't there an american sitcom called FM?

think it starred the woman from Home Improvement
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy123 wrote: »
    I click on the "watch episode one" link but it only shows a short clip of 1 minute and 36 seconds :confused:

Oh, strange, it worked for me. I have watched the full first half. But i am going to watch it properly next week as i can't get into it yet.
    Forum Member
    wasn't there an american sitcom called FM?

think it starred the woman from Home Improvement
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096577/
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.itv.com/PressCentre/Presspacks/FM/default.html

I do so hope this is better than past 'radio on TV' excursions.

WKRP in Cincinatti is the only half decent one I can ever recall.

Midnight Caller was excellent. You may also remember The Lenny Henry Show when he played a character called Delbert Wilkins who broadcasted on the pirate Brixton Broadcasting Corporation.

Chris O'Dowd is a good sign that ITV2 may have got a decent script out of this, but so far the vast majority of this channel's tailored made programming has been poor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will give it a go, but as with all ITV sitcoms it's likely to be dross.
    Forum Member
    Chris O'Dowd is a good sign that ITV2 may have got a decent script out of this, but so far the vast majority of this channel's tailored made programming has been poor.
    Loop147 wrote: »
    Will give it a go, but as with all ITV sitcoms it's likely to be dross.
    The Guardian's preview would seem to confirm those fears (and my own):
    ...it's a plodding, crass and entirely predictable effort lacking in spark, charm and, crucially, laughs.

I probably wouldn't have watched it anyway, because Kevin Bishop is the least funny man alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewsRadio - best "radio on TV" sitcom ever, but I am looking forward to FM tonight. I do like Kevin Bishop and Chris O'Dowd!
  • rhodrhod Posts: 3,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mouldydc wrote: »
    NewsRadio - best "radio on TV" sitcom ever, but I am looking forward to FM tonight. I do like Kevin Bishop and Chris O'Dowd!

Agreed Mouldydc - NewsRadio had some very sharp scripts and performances. I loved Phil Hartman's character, and the girl who played Beth was good too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_niYSTtl8g

plenty more Newsradio on YouTube, I see :cool:

(by the way, if you are interested in obscure, yet excellent sitcoms I can highly recommend "Corner Gas" from Canada - it is HUGE in Canada - even the Prime Minister did a cameo on it - but virtually unknown to the outside world)

"Holy Hell ! - I'm on an allowance!!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For people who are watching, its starting in a few mins
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhod wrote: »
    Agreed Mouldydc - NewsRadio had some very sharp scripts and performances. I loved Phil Hartman's character, and the girl who played Beth was good too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_niYSTtl8g

plenty more Newsradio on YouTube, I see :cool:

(by the way, if you are interested in obscure, yet excellent sitcoms I can highly recommend "Corner Gas" from Canada - it is HUGE in Canada - even the Prime Minister did a cameo on it - but virtually unknown to the outside world)

"Holy Hell ! - I'm on an allowance!!"

Yeah, there's a lot of it online, but I've got the DVDs (not series 5 though, it makes me sad).

Thanks for the recommendation, always open to new/old comedy.

I've giggled a couple of times so far...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    the songs featured on this episode can be found on the itv website and found it while trying to watch clips and i can see it becoming very useful :)
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far Chris O'Dowd's character is the only reason why I stuck it out for the full 30 mins, otherwise the other characters you couldn't care less about.

Still it's better than that Billie Piper erotic crap they normally churn out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    didn't think it was too bad. Will watch episode 2 next week.