Michael French is leaving Casualty!!

Comments

• valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    i know but look how much screentime he had when he returned yeah it was only for 2 weeks but between them and the brannings they hog all the screentime at least in casualty they know how to share the storylines out

Unlike Eastenders...if it gets Phil, Sharon and the Brannings off my screne I'd be delighted.

Anyway we're jumping the gun here :)
  • Top_TrumpsTop_Trumps Posts: 2,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Unlike Eastenders...if it gets Phil, Sharon and the Brannings off my screne I'd be delighted.

Anyway we're jumping the gun here :)

Yes, quite right - I don't want to open the champagne just yet until it's confirmed first. ;)
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,949
    Forum Member
    True!! I disagree about Casualty. Tess, Charlie, Big Mac, Noel, etc never get screentime lol

they do i think charlie is the exception as the actor lives far away from cardiff but all the others appear regularly
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    I'd love him to but LN said there won't be as many returns as usual so I'm not sure

Do you really think that if there was a realistic chance of having Michael French back she would turn it down?

Its probably already been agreed ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as soon as I saw the thread I thought David Wicks returning to EE
    Forum Member
    Do you really think that if there was a realistic chance of having Michael French back she would turn it down?

Its probably already been agreed ;)

well why say that if it was already agreed. they wouldve known about it ever since his return last year because of david's letter and derek leaving
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeruk wrote: »
    as soon as I saw the thread I thought David Wicks returning to EE

I would be wanting a signed cast card next ;)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well why say that if it was already agreed. they wouldve known about it ever since his return last year because of david's letter and derek leaving

Probably because its all about timing. No point in announcing his return in January if he is not likely to be back on screen until much later this year. I suspect it will be March when its confirmed.
    Forum Member
    Probably because its all about timing. No point in announcing his return in January if he is not likely to be back on screen until much later this year. I suspect it will be March when its confirmed.

if she already knew though she shouldnt have said there would be no returning characters she didnt need to mention it at all. just a simple "No we arent bringing carly back"
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Casualty are bringing a in a 'new' doctor in his place, although it's actually a returning character from the 90s. No other clues as to who yet, but
    Ash (Patrick Robinson)
    has been rumoured.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASE please let him come back to EE..
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,824
    Forum Member
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Possible return to EE?
    Please make this happen

Now Derek is dead he could come back, carol has the letter and maybe able to track him down.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is sad news but I hope he returns to EE!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF he comes back to EE, he'll interact with Bianca and Carol. Who are Brannings by extension. And of course, Max and Jack will probably get screen time, (not least because of their surname) as they played a small part in his departure.

I do like David though.
  • nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He HAS to return to Eastenders. Possibly the best male character they have ever had and if it means more screen time for Carol too then even better.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    IF he comes back to EE, he'll interact with Bianca and Carol. Who are Brannings by extension. And of course, Max and Jack will probably get screen time, (not least because of their surname) as they played a small part in his departure.

I do like David though.

He needs to interact with Ian too- David is a Beale and that clan needs to be rebuilt
    Forum Member
    nigel12 wrote: »
    He HAS to return to Eastenders. Possibly the best male character they have ever had and if it means more screen time for Carol too then even better.

that is what i dont want lol :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would David do in Walford? He may stay at Carol's place but where would he work?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,265
    Forum Member
    IanMandy wrote: »
    Hope EE nab him!!

I do hope so, going to miss him on Cas, just hope he comes back to EE now. :D
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's definitely coming back to EastEnders tbh, I'd be really surprised if he didn't. Especially with the letter Carol got, plus the show needs a new older figure to head up the Brannings now that Derek is dead, and David could easily be it. Perhaps this was about David:
    A storm is coming, a blast from the past. Things are different now, but how long will it last?

Entirely possible that he is returning to EE. I did like him in Casualty though, but I think he's better in EastEnders.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think he's definitely coming back to EastEnders tbh, I'd be really surprised if he didn't. Especially with the letter Carol got, plus the show needs a new older figure to head up the Brannings now that Derek is dead, and David could easily be it. Perhaps this was about David:

Entirely possible that he is returning to EE. I did like him in Casualty though, but I think he's better in EastEnders.

I thought that quote was about Dot?
    Forum Member

but the brannings already hog the screentime as it is? they dont need anymore. theyre hogging january ashdown has wrote 3 episodes with them in in week 4 !
  • Tass BTass B Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to miss Michael French so much when he leaves Casualty! :( I was so looking forward to him coming back to Casualty tomorrow night and then to find he'd only be in it for four more episodes.

I do hope he considers coming back to Eastenders! David is such a fabulous character and Michael is a brilliant actor! :)
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooooo:(:(

I wanted him to be with Zoe again. She (maybe) and I (definitely) will be devastated.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

I wish people would stop lumping him with the Brannings :( His half brother is a Beale, he himself was born a Beale, his daughter and grandchildren are Butchers. If he comes back and if he gets together with Carol he will still not be a Branning.
    The Beales, Jacksons and Butchers were on the scene long before these damn Brannings, and are families in their own right.

Hi Zack :D