We're the Millers

2»

Comments

• lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A little bit too risque for my tastes but I do admit to enjoying it. Well written, plenty of laugh out loud moments and story is good too. Probably won't see it again but will put it in the happy memory/happy to have seen category. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this at a preview screening, really enjoyed it. Affter seeing the trailers i was unsure weather id like it as im not a fan of the hangover movies, and i thought this would have the same kind of comedy.

All the characters were spot on, loved Kenny.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend and I went to see it last weekend, and while I'm not a huge fan of comedies, it had a good amount of laughs and a great cast.

:)
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks in unbelievable shape for a 44-year old woman. As I said to my wife: 'She's older than you. Why don't you look like that?'*

*No, I didn't really...:p

Hahaha!! I could imagine that awkward car journey home. Unless you'd have been made to walk home ;)

But I do agree, Jennifer looks incredible in it! I was like, "daaaamn she looks slamming as a stripper":o
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Hahaha!! I could imagine that awkward car journey home. Unless you'd have been made to walk home ;)

But I do agree, Jennifer looks incredible in it! I was like, "daaaamn she looks slamming as a stripper":o

Car journey home? More like ambulance trip to A&E.:p
  • hillen51hillen51 Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Just saw this tonight. An excellent comedy and Jennifer Aniston was so hot in the stripping scene. All the cat were great and would highly recommend it.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I went to see it yesterday. I only decided to see it because I noticed that Will Poulter was in it (he was excellent as Eustace in "Voyage of the Dawn Treader"), but it was much better and funnier than I had expected. A lot of people in the cinema were laughing copiously.

Incidentally, I never watched "Friends" and I didn't realise that the "mother" was Jennifer Aniston until the end, when they did they joke with the singing in the out-takes section.
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    The film has opened at #2 at the UK box office with £8.6 million, a great start for a comedy film in the UK.
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well written ,vulgar and witty.
    Spot-on performances.
    And directed by the man who gave us Dodgeball.
    Recommended.
  • GoodLuckCharmGoodLuckCharm Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Loved this....and Jen An's body is just wow...good gym motivation!
  • GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Car journey home? More like ambulance trip to A&E.:p

:D. Your wife sounds awesome.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20 minutes in i was thinking oh dear, this is going to be terrible but something clicked and i ended up thinking it was one of the funniest films i have seen this year.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely loved this. It's my favourite film of the year so far
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    A surprising treat. Haven't liked a comedy as much as this one in a long time. Brilliant, fun, film.

You know what I'm saying?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Saw this last night and really, really enjoyed it. It was surprisingly very funny, and anyone who is a fan of Parks & Recreation will enjoy the scenes with Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson) :D The mediocre reviews have got this one very wrong if you ask me.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Saw this last night and really, really enjoyed it. It was surprisingly very funny, and anyone who is a fan of Parks & Recreation will enjoy the scenes with Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson) :DThe mediocre reviews have got this one very wrong if you ask me.

Yes, the reviews are a bit baffling, really. The metacritic score is 44 at the moment. However, the major UK critics (Collin, Bradshaw et al) have given it reasonable reviews; it seems to have got hammered by those on the other side of the pond. Maybe We're the Millers is actually more culturally attuned to the UK sense of humour? Bridesmaids has a metascore of 75 by comparison but I thought it was dreadful; overlong, a few bland, badly executed jokes flogged to death, just desperately unfunny.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The critics have always had this personal vendetta against jennifer aniston.