Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    Nationwide —
    I, I, I believe in you
    And I, I believe in you
    I believe in you, I believe in
    I believe in you
    >:(

I don't believe it.
  • pete_dalepete_dale Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Weird paypal adverts. The first one was terrrible, something like, brain surgery, difficult? Paypal easy.

The current one has a woman with no waist, its odd, sack the stylist.

Also the current sky adverts, I notice the bloke Idris Elba has improved his accent on the last two, on the first one in the video shop, I saw, he was a real londoner dropping all his t's and h's.

Like 'it doesnt mat -er' ( matter) or 'game of frones' ( thrones)

Now he has a much nicer voice, some feedback I presume. I'm even sure they have changed the voice over at at the end , where he says 'believe in better' as he says better perfectly.

Oh and stop pretending Vicki or whoever is a photographer halifax, she's an actress. Also a photographer does not use roll film hasselblads anymore, its all digital SLR.

The menacing direct line adverts, the last thing I need is some gangster telling me about insurance.

At least lawyers for you have dropped the sinister versions, with that wife beater from east enders
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete_dale wrote: »
    ...Weird paypal adverts. The first one was terrrible, something like, brain surgery, difficult? Paypal easy....

The annoying bit of that paypal advert for me was at the end, where some stupid voice shouting off "people rule".
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Those ads with dancing elephants - yuk!
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, the comforting thoughts of a ranting Basil Fawlty thrashing his car, insulting Germans, regularly beating up Manuel and generally being rude and obnoxious to everyone :D

People had a sense of humour in those days.
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barclay's Michael is now saying 'somefink'. Go away, Michael. Go and get elocution lessons. And tuck your shirt in. Pleb.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So now not only do we know that Peter goes to Iceland (yeah right), but he comes home on the bus!!!
    Best reason for going by car I've ever heard.
  • TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    People had a sense of humour in those days.

It isn't those days anymore, and John Cleese still isn't funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    That Barclays "erm" advert is the most patronising advert I've ever seen.

I say "erm" a lot in my speech. Not just because I'm nervous or useless, it's just a natural thing I say without even thinking and I know I'm not the only one. For that advert to basically dismiss us as not caring about our future or being hopeless is absolutely shameful.

YES!!!
    Unbelievably patronising not just to young people, but people from all walks of life. I don't need another reason to hate Barclays but they've served one up.

ETA: I've watched them all & it's funny how Barclays have disabled their comments section on their YouTube account. :kitty:
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telenaut wrote: »
    It isn't those days anymore, and John Cleese still isn't funny.

In your opinion.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So now not only do we know that Peter goes to Iceland (yeah right), but he comes home on the bus!!!
    Best reason for going by car I've ever heard.

Surprised Kerry Katona hasn't turned up for a "reunion" .... or is that I better not wish that :o
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    kezo wrote: »
    Surprised Kerry Katona hasn't turned up for a "reunion" .... or is that I better not wish that :o

That'll be the Christmas ad - Kerry and Peter singing carols under a Christmas tree surrounded by pizzas and oven chips.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES!!!
    Unbelievably patronising not just to young people, but people from all walks of life. I don't need another reason to hate Barclays but they've served one up.

ETA: I've watched them all & it's funny how Barclays have disabled their comments section on their YouTube account. :kitty:
    They seem to be targeting those ads at a fairly specific demographic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen life insurance ad "Beagle Street". WTF?!!!
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    The annoying bit of that paypal advert for me was at the end, where some stupid voice shouting off "people rule".

You forgot the # Na, na, na, na, naaaaaaaaa # >:(>:(>:(
    pete_dale wrote: »
    and stop pretending Vicki or whoever is a photographer halifax, she's an actress. Also a photographer does not use roll film hasselblads anymore, its all digital SLR.

Presumably you get extra if you pay them extra.
    The menacing direct line adverts, the last thing I need is some gangster telling me about insurance.

They should go:
    "And you sent pictures of these items to Direct Line?"
    "No, who the frig takes pictures of their TV, you pillock?"
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'll be the Christmas ad - Kerry and Peter singing carols under a Christmas tree surrounded by pizzas and oven chips.

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    DFS are taking the piss with their Christmas adverts
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    bluefb wrote: »
    Barclay's Michael is now saying 'somefink'. Go away, Michael. Go and get elocution lessons. And tuck your shirt in. Pleb.

This person has no right to give us 'advice' and lecture us about body language. Tw*t >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Still loving the Danny Biscuit Boy...Cravendale milk advert. :D It gets on my brain and I end up singing it all day in my head. Grrr...
    My least favourite advert is the stupid Specsavers advert with the Vet and that silly furry hat. Firstly who would wear a giant furry hat like that and how can any Vet practice on animal with such bad eyesight?
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    DFS are taking the piss with their Christmas adverts

But not as much as Beagle Street...
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... evidently it's Beagle Street insurance as someone just said above. Something to avoid like the plague then. However, 4 year old saw it and wants to quote-- a toy gremlin that spits.

Don't tell the 4 year old, but I don't think that's spit.
  • Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Still loving the Danny Biscuit Boy...Cravendale milk advert. :D It gets on my brain and I end up singing it all day in my head. Grrr...
    My least favourite advert is the stupid Specsavers advert with the Vet and that silly furry hat. Firstly who would wear a giant furry hat like that and how can any Vet practice on animal with such bad eyesight?

That's the only Specsavers ad that I really like! :D I hate the ones with the old couple and the cheese sandwich and the little boy smashing his father's car up!
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Barclay's have a new advert! just as bad as the other two :(

The new CO OP advert is sickening, the bloke who gets the tattoo, they show piles of skulls, I am presuming they are representing something like the atrocities that happened in Croatia or somewhere similar? then in the next shot he is holding one of the skulls to his face?? what ??? it is very disturbing and really is not getting the message across that they are ethical, it makes them look cruel.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    That's the only Specsavers ad that I really like! :D I hate the ones with the old couple and the cheese sandwich and the little boy smashing his father's car up!

Yes, I like the vet one, and also the shepherd who shears his dog. Only thing about that one is that you don't shear sheep when there's snow on the ground!!
  • Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And with Jason Donovan
This discussion has been closed.