Mike Read Ukip song

Comments

• lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    If you were leading a political party, would you really want *any* association with 70s radio DJs? How long before Mr Read gets da totally tropical taste of dee Yewtree boyz!
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Left-wingers having the screaming vapours over nothing again.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    If you were leading a political party, would you really want *any* association with 70s radio DJs? How long before Mr Read gets da totally tropical taste of dee Yewtree boyz!

I'm sure they'll try and palm us off with something.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »

Nah, that's unfair. I hate UKIP, and I think this is one of the most cringeworthy things that's ever been done by anyone ever since It's A Royal Knockout, but come on. Let's not smear him by association; that's not fair.
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our pub music quiz team took a BBC team on in a 24 hour marathon for charity and he did 2 hours. He was crap on anything other than mainstream pop from the 1960s on, and we thrashed them (without changing the team for the whole 24 hours other than wee breaks owing to much beer) :D:D:D

Love it! :D:D
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    However, I'm voting for UKIP at the next election and I hope lots of others do the same. It's more a protest vote than anything because I'm heartily sick of the other parties.

That's what people said when they voted for David Cameron.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    My views on Mike Read are almost exactly the same as those Saturday Superstore callers to Matt Bianco and 5 Star.
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    That's what people said when they voted for David Cameron.

Did they? I heard a lot of people say he was the least worst option. It's hardly a protest when it's one of the two biggest parties:confused:
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Petition to get this to No1 :D

It's stuck at 15. Not that many single-buying kippers after all.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, the kindest thing I can say about this song is that it's shite.

However, I'm voting for UKIP at the next election and I hope lots of others do the same. It's more a protest vote than anything because I'm heartily sick of the other parties.

If UKIP ever got into government I can guarantee that people who voted for them would utterly regret it.

All this 'UKIP are racist' business hides their real danger. They are going to take away our working rights, fair laws for workers, dismantle the NHS, encourage discriminatory behaviour towards those who are vulnerable and sick, the disabled etc, they will push for more privatisation of services.

This is what irks me about any debate against them, it is tied up in 'they are racist', they are certainly anti EU and want to control immigration, Im not sure that is racist per se, but their followers are the type who want to do exactly what they want, regardless of its affect on the community and society. These are not the values we should be encouraging.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talma wrote: »
    Did they? I heard a lot of people say he was the least worst option. It's hardly a protest when it's one of the two biggest parties:confused:

Those I spoke with said they wanted to teach Labour and/or Tony Blair a lesson. I admittedly assumed some others felt the same way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Those I spoke with said they wanted to teach Labour and/or Tony Blair a lesson. I admittedly assumed some others felt the same way.

And boy, did they ever teach him a lesson. The lesson was called "be a dick while in office, earn a fortune forever afterwards". While we were all learning the lesson "you really shouldn't vote for the Tories, they'll screw you six ways to Sunday". And I, personally, was learning the lesson "never vote Lib Dem ever again".

Education, education, education.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, the kindest thing I can say about this song is that it's shite.

So you're using your protest vote to vote for another conservative party?

Sounds like a good idea.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A propos of nothing, the single is currently (not a midweek number) at 15. Last week's no 15 sold just over 24k. That would be around five grand in UKIP's coffers from the sale.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    My views on Mike Read are almost exactly the same as those Saturday Superstore callers to Matt Bianco and 5 Star.

:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEkB25V_ow8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How did I not know that would be on YouTube? Ah, nostalgia.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Oops my apologies, the 5 Star call was actually on Going Live. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfKredivMU

edit: the sentiment remains.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Faux jamaican accent?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    For someone who took so much offense and single handedly banned "Relax"....
    This is just wrong on all levels
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A song for UKIP sung in a fake Jamaican accent, you can't make it up.

well you can because calypso comes from Trinidad and it's a fake trinidadian accent

listen to the great Lance Percival faking it up on 'Shame and Scandal In the Family'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNUHRZpWaVU
    compare and contrast Lord Melody's version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbfsFTZFIWY
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    For someone who took so much offense and single handedly banned "Relax"....
    This is just wrong on all levels

A lot of people seem to be mentioning the Relax thing........and the general tenor appears to be because he banned 'Relax' he shouldn't record a pro-UKIP song

but I don't see it..........wouldn't 95% of UKIP members ban Relax ?

(well, actually 95% of UKIP members have probably never heard of it but those that have would probably agree it should be banned)
  • Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    The big racist has had his song withdrawn!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29722860
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A song for UKIP sung in a fake Jamaican accent, you can't make it up.

ub40 have been doing it for years
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    The big racist has had his song withdrawn!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29722860

I know its wrong but Im a bit disappointed by that. I quite like the idea of the outrage and the crassness of it all. By apologising and withdrawing it, it steps into the realms of reasonableness. (although I accept that its not UKIP itself that released and then withdrew the song)
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get it quick if you want it as you can still buy it on amazon & itunes for 79p