Options

It appears that former Tory minister David Mellor is part of the Tornberry set

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Well he hasn't been arrested or charged for it, has he?

Only by the kangaroo court of public opinion (metaphorically speaking). Just like Emily Thornberry, Lord Freud and Myleene Klass.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there was, I would be in jail

You wouldn't be lonely. :D
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only by the kangaroo court of public opinion (metaphorically speaking). Just like Emily Thornberry, Lord Freud and Myleene Klass.

Well they are all to some extent public figures (and Mellor in particular foolishly chose to remind us of it) and all put their gobs or keyboards before their brains, so it was hardly to be expected otherwise ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You wouldn't be lonely. :D

I would get some sex too :(:D
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    The point is the guy has a public profile and the taxi dude doesn't, he can hardly be surprised that trying to win an argument by playing the "I'm one of the great and the good" card has resulted in a bit of unwelcome press. And I don't care which party he belongs to.

They all play the do you know who I am card even non polticians
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    They all play the do you know who I am card even non polticians

Wonder what the taxi driver's card looked like?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he hasn't been arrested or charged for it, has he?

Nope, Therefore nothing to see here that doesn't happen a hundred times a day with mouthy cabbies(?) and nobbish passengers up and down the country.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Wonder what the taxi driver's card looked like?

Knowing what taxi drivers are like it was the I'm taking you the long way round to your destination card which is why the argument started in the first place
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I do :):):)
    But I think it is just as offensive to think that a tattooed cage fighter, who wants to bring back caning , and send them all back, represents most of the working class.

Who said he did?
    She was poking fun and sneering at 'that type', she didn't know(or care) what he did or who he was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    Knowing what taxi drivers are like it was the I'm taking you the long way round to your destination card which is why the argument started in the first place

Yes and Mellor should have stuck to the problem at hand.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The point is the guy has a public profile and the taxi dude doesn't, he can hardly be surprised that trying to win an argument by playing the "I'm one of the great and the good" card has resulted in a bit of unwelcome press. And I don't care which party he belongs to.

Of course you don't :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would get some sex too :(

There must be easier ways :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, Therefore nothing to see here that doesn't happen a hundred times a day with mouthy cabbies(?) and nobbish passengers up and down the country.

Somehow I doubt most nobbish passengers would complain about the taxi driver by trotting out their CV...particularly if it were likely that the press would be able to make capital out of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    Of course you don't :D

No, I don't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There must be easier ways :D:D:D

Not for an ugly bastard like me. I can't even buy it :(:cry::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somehow I doubt most nobbish passengers would complain about the taxi driver by trotting out their CV...particularly if it were likely that the press would be able to make capital out of it.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, I could tell you a particularly funny story about a wannabe pop star, a sausage dog and a particularly grumpy cabby.

Sadly professional etiquette prevents me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be so sure of that, I could tell you a particularly funny story about a wannabe pop star, a sausage dog and a particularly grumpy cabby.

Sadly professional etiquette prevents me.

Such characters hardly represent the majority of taxi passengers, I sincerely hope :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    Who said he did
    Oh just about every media commentator that this was an attack on the working class.

I am working class, and I am no more personally offended by that tweet than I would be if she made fun of a Justin Bieber fan. It might not be nice what she did, but it was no attack on the working class.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such characters hardly represent the majority of taxi passengers, I sincerely hope :D

Most of the time yes, On the central London "executive" circuit - you would be surpised.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    He was recorded calling a cabbie a sweaty stupid little shit and said to him

"You’ve been driving a cab for 10 years, I’ve been in the cabinet, I’m an award-winning broadcaster, I’m a Queen’s Counsel. You think that your experiences are anything compared to mine?”
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/25/david-mellor-caught-tape-rages-black-cab-driver-london

Will this as a big a issue for the conservatives and the tweet of the house covered with flags was for labour?

He forgot to mention he was a Spitting Image puppet, surely the high point of his career :D
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Oh just about every media commentator that this was an attack on the working class.

I am working class, and I am no more personally offended by that tweet than I would be if she made fun of a Justin Bieber fan. It might not be nice what she did, but it was no attack on the working class.

Me neither but if it is damaging to Milliband and Labour I'm all for it.

David needs to be careful, cabbies were probably half of his audience!:D

He should remember that, along with hairdressers, cabbies are the ones that know how to run the Country!

“Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxi cabs and cutting hair”
    (George Burns).
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    He forgot to mention he was a Spitting Image puppet, surely the high point of his career :D
    That was Antonia de Sancha
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9840024/Whatever-happened-to-Antonia-de-Sancha-the-kiss-and-tell-lover-who-brought-down-David-Mellor.html
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    no.
    he isn't an MP, and hasn't been for many a year. he suffers from the affliction of "open mouth insert foot" disease.

And unusual clothing when having sex.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/top-10-sex-scandals-1709888.html?action=gallery&ino=6
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not that long ago........maybe a couple of months ?........since Mellor was doing the rounds of the TV studios to defend some Tory who'd been accused of something

Unfortunately I can't now remember what it was about.......>:(

But he still appears to consider himself as a political player
  • Options
    DiscombobulateDiscombobulate Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another one from the stable of that ex paragon of virtue Max Clifford :o

As she so succinctly put it “Screwed by Mellor, screwed by Max.”