Options

Anti-gay London bus advertising campaign pulled by TfL

Comments

• Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're avoiding my question:where is the evidence that anal sex 'wears out the a***hole' as you put it?

There was a study done its on Wikipedia. It does increase the chances of those things, not to mention it is painful for a large percentage.
    If its so harmless then why do many gay men not do it?
  • Options
    MarkLS12MarkLS12 Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    For the same reasons that many straight men don't do it, they don't want to or don't like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarkLS12 wrote: »
    For the same reasons that many straight men don't do it, they don't want to or don't like it.

But I doubt many straight men don't like vaginal sex do they? Isn't that evidence that it's less convenient?
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    There was a study done its on Wikipedia. It does increase the chances of those things, not to mention it is painful for a large percentage.

different strokes for different folks
    different people have different things that they enjoy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I doubt many straight men don't like vaginal sex do they? Isn't that evidence that it's less convenient?

Being the receiving partner in vaginal sex is very inconvenient for men I would have thought.

You are not comparing like with like.
  • Options
    KarlSomethingKarlSomething Posts: 3,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously who's going to win this war?

Religions or homosexuals?

It's not between religions and homosexuals, it's between the secular and the theocrats. Those who don't want religion to control society, and those who do.
  • Options
    KarlSomethingKarlSomething Posts: 3,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have liked ''there is no god. Get over it'' because it isn't true.

"There is ALMOST CERTAINLY no god. Get over it" would have the perfect slogan because that's the truth of the matter.

Would you object to a sign stating "there are no dragons"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being the receiving partner in vaginal sex is very inconvenient for men I would have thought.

You are not comparing like with like.

Well include women then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well include women then.

Include them in what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Include them in what?
    in my statement about straight sex vs anal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in my statement about straight sex vs anal.
    But straight people have anal sex too.

You can't really compare anal and vaginal sex like that, as everyone has an anus one but only half of people have vaginas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But straight people have anal sex too.

You can't really compare anal and vaginal sex like that, as everyone has one but only half of people have the other.

you are admitting that men aren't designed to be penetrated.

how many men get penetrated by women? very few.

Most if not all straight couples have vagina-penis sex, only 60% of gay couples have anal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you are admitting that men aren't designed to be penetrated.
    Am I? I did not say that.
    how many men get penetrated by women? very few.
    Women not having a penis may have a impact on that.
    How many is very few? and how are you defining penetration.
    Most if not all straight couples have vagina-penis sex, only 60% of gay couples have anal.
    If that is true what does it prove?
    That gay people are more imaginative when it comes to sex?
  • Options
    1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not really sure what they were advertising but then again its not the first time i've thought that about an ad on a bus but that said i don't really see how its offensive seeing as no rude words or insults were used pulling it just seems like fussing over nothing.More people have probably heard about it since its been pulled than would've taken any notice of it had it been allowed to go ahead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1Mickey wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what they were advertising but then again its not the first time i've thought that about an ad on a bus but that said i don't really see how its offensive seeing as no rude words or insults were used pulling it just seems like fussing over nothing.More people have probably heard about it since its been pulled than would've taken any notice of it had it been allowed to go ahead.

it's a homophobic ad used to push lies
    this has been covered already
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is true though, all this publicity will have helped the exgay groups. There will always be people desperate enough to hope beyond logic that they might be the one it works on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's a homophobic ad used to push lies
    this has been covered already

I'm not sure what lies you're talking about but even if it did bend the truth if all adverts that bent the truth were banned we'd barely have any adverts atall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is true though, all this publicity will have helped the exgay groups. There will always be people desperate enough to hope beyond logic that they might be the one it works on.

Their are plenty of cases where people have changed orientation after therapy or prayer and i'm sure you could find afew of them with most search engines.The main issue people have,from what i can gather,is not whether it can be done but more whether its right or wrong to be allowed to try to change someones sexual orientation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure what lies you're talking about but even if it did bend the truth if all adverts that bent the truth were banned we'd barely have any adverts atall.

The whole ex-gay stuff is a lie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Their are plenty of cases where people have changed orientation after therapy or prayer and i'm sure you could find afew of them with most search engines.The main issue people have,from what i can gather,is not whether it can be done but more whether its right or wrong to be allowed to try to change someones sexual orientation.

All lies as the people are just repressing their sexuality, often they are into the same sex still but they keep it secret, the main issue is how this affects people and it's wrong to change sexual orientation as that can't be done
  • Options
    statelessstateless Posts: 1,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As stated before, if there was some kind of magic pill that people could take to change sexuality, go for it. However stating as fact that prayer can change people's sexuality is not something that I'd be waving a banner for. The only reason a person would want to use prayer to change sexuality is that their religion declares them less of a human being for being gay. When the treatment fails, how do you think these people will feel? So called "pray the gay away" therapy is clearly dangerous, as it implies that there is something wrong with a person, when there is not. It also attracted very mentally fragile people.

Maybe spend more time encouraging tolerance and compassion for those getting rough treatment in society, rather than encouraging them to change attractions to circumvent hatred.
  • Options
    NosegayNosegay Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole ex-gay stuff is a lie

http://narth.com/docs/listen.html

Very interesting read.
  • Options
    NosegayNosegay Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stateless wrote: »
    As stated before, if there was some kind of magic pill that people could take to change sexuality, go for it. However stating as fact that prayer can change people's sexuality is not something that I'd be waving a banner for. The only reason a person would want to use prayer to change sexuality is that their religion declares them less of a human being for being gay. When the treatment fails, how do you think these people will feel? So called "pray the gay away" therapy is clearly dangerous, as it implies that there is something wrong with a person, when there is not. It also attracted very mentally fragile people.

Maybe spend more time encouraging tolerance and compassion for those getting rough treatment in society, rather than encouraging them to change attractions to circumvent hatred.

It would take more than prayer to change one's sexuality. It would need a vast amount of psychotherapy and self-discipline for the person to change their ways. Ultimately there are no perfect paths in life and the only way of life is one of self-contentment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosegay wrote: »
    http://narth.com/docs/listen.html

Very interesting read.

In viewing homosexuality as in "illness" people can legitimise fighting against feelings of same sex attraction in the same way you might battle an ongoing disease. Is that really a healthy way to look at a rather arbitrary attraction though? You have to keep in mind that we live in a society where really gay people are encourages to feel 'less than'. As such I think it's dangerous to encourage ideas that they can rid themselves of their "condition", rather than simply feel comfortable with who they naturally are and for us to encourage tolerance.

Still, in the west there are an awful lot of suicides by young gay people. It's especially apparent in the US. Almost without exception their lives are sad tales of religious intolerance, vicious bullying and a total lack of human decency shown towards them. To deal with this inhumanity we need to understand that being attracted to men or women is not the be all and en all, not pass down a message that those with same sex attraction should seek to view themselves as wounded, less than or wrong in some way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosegay wrote: »
    It would take more than prayer to change one's sexuality. It would need a vast amount of psychotherapy and self-discipline for the person to change their ways. Ultimately there are no perfect paths in life and the only way of life is one of self-contentment.

See my above post. In short, I think it's horrendous if anyone believes that homosexuality is so terrible that they should pray themselves out of it, or engage in vast amounts of psychotherapy in relation to it. Even the notion of this as an option implies that homosexuals are less than. We should be dedicating time to spreading compassion and understanding, not demonising people.