Best uncut fight scene ever?

JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,797
Forum Member
✭✭
https://youtu.be/79ditPebZ8g

Anyone got anything better or something similar?

Comments

• goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it was uncut (:blush:) but the naked wrestling by Oliver Reed and Alan Bates in Women In Love was very good ;-)
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you say uncut do you actually mean Best Fight Scene Done in One Continuous Single Take Without Editing? Because that's different to uncut.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    When you say uncut do you actually mean Best Fight Scene Done in One Continuous Single Take Without Editing? Because that's different to uncut.

Yeah, that's what I meant, I just lazily lifted the title from that YouTube clip.

Realised after the first response that uncut more commonly means not being shortened by an editor or censor, but it was too late to edit.
  • Jedi_KnightJedi_Knight Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any fight in Enter The Dragon.
  • intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    They're a rare commodity. The only other one I can think of is the corridor fight in Oldboy. Apparently there are some one-take fight scenes in Creed and Daredevil season two as well, but I haven't seen those.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the fight scene from They Live one take? the actual fight, I know they did takes for the close ups the following day.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Was the fight scene from They Live one take? the actual fight, I know they did takes for the close ups the following day.

No, there are clearly numerous edits so very unlikely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://youtu.be/79ditPebZ8g

Anyone got anything better or something similar?

Actually, though it may be shot it one take I would not class this as a great fight scene in itself.

The point and indeed the aim of the scene is that it is a one-take deal, so there is no one specific fight scene as such, it's just Jaa dispatching villain after villain in quick succession.

I think the Oldboy corridor scene is probably a better example.

Apart from that, I think you would be hard pushed to find a good and completely uncut, one-take fight scene, By their very nature fight scenes are often made up of multiple choreographed moves, so breaking the fight scene into sections is usually the preferred option.

I could be wrong though, and kudos to anyone who can find any examples.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, though it may be shot it one take I would not class this as a great fight scene in itself.

The point and indeed the aim of the scene is that it is a one-take deal, so there is no one specific fight scene as such, it's just Jaa dispatching villain after villain in quick succession.

I think the Oldboy corridor scene is probably a better example.

Apart from that, I think you would be hard pushed to find a good and completely uncut, one-take fight scene, By their very nature fight scenes are often made up of multiple choreographed moves, so breaking the fight scene into sections is usually the preferred option.

I could be wrong though, and kudos to anyone who can find any examples.

Got this from IMDB: "According to the director on the special edition DVD, the continuous fight scene took five full takes for a variety of reasons, including stunt objects not breaking and the stunt mat not being in place in time. The five takes were filmed over a one-month period."

I was personally very impressed with that scene, it's something very rarely seen. Was somewhat surprised that they only took 5 takes as there's so much which could have gone wrong, they mentioned a couple of things - stunt objects not breaking and the stunt mat not being in place in time.

I know most of the villains where fairly easily dispatched but that's the same for most action films, they were just the low level villains, the clip ends before he has to fight a 'boss level' villain and that takes a lot more effort. Thought there were a wide variety in the ways Jaa dispatched the villains, a couple of them where thrown over/through the bannister and bearing in mind how many there were of them, most looked pretty convincing and painful. Also thought the camera work was pretty good, couldn't find much fault with that.

Have seen that fight scene in Oldboy but don't think it's as good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »

Great sequences, but none of them are uncut.

The Hard Boiled one (which is not a fight scene anyway) even tells you where the cuts are.

And there are plenty of cuts in the Daredevil clips, mostly done very subtly in the sequences where it briefly fades to black.