Options

Help please - upgrade

fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
Forum Member
Hi, sorry for the probably stupid questions. I've just upgraded from an iPhone 5 to a 6, set it all up and restored all my data from the 5. Tried to send a text this morning & it won't let me, or make calls etc. I guess the sim is not activated? My question is, when you upgrade does your sim automatically activate after 24hrs or something? Or do I need to do something else?

Again sorry for the probably silly questions, I'm a bit of a noob. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you get a new SIM or put the old one in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    Did you get a new SIM or put the old one in?

I got a new sim, it was a nano sim like the one I had in my 5. Just registered on 3 and it says I have a Pay as You Go?!?! That's not right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I got a new sim, it was a nano sim like the one I had in my 5. Just registered on 3 and it says I have a Pay as You Go?!?! That's not right.

It sounds like you need to call Three.

Edit: have you tried putting your old SIM in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorted! Thanks for your help
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How you finding the upgrade? I just upgraded to a 6 from a 5S and I'm loving it, the extra screen real estate is brilliant, I bet your loving it even more coming from the 5?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    How you finding the upgrade? I just upgraded to a 6 from a 5S and I'm loving it, the extra screen real estate is brilliant, I bet your loving it even more coming from the 5?

Yeah it's great, when I first saw it I thought it was huge but now I could never go back to a smaller screen!
  • Options
    Robbo19Robbo19 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    @fizzle90 @Lidtop2013 can I just ask why you decide to upgrade to the iPhone 6 now?

It's just I'm going to be in a position where I can upgrade from my iPhone 5s in a few weeks time but I'm really stressed out as ok I want rid of the cheap and shit phone ASAP but with it being 6 months until the new iPhone is released I dont know whether to wait until then to have a whole year with the best and flagship device or like you get the iPhone 6 in May and only have the lates device for 4 months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbo19 wrote: »
    @fizzle90 @Lidtop2013 can I just ask why you decide to upgrade to the iPhone 6 now?

It's just I'm going to be in a position where I can upgrade from my iPhone 5s in a few weeks time but I'm really stressed out as ok I want rid of the cheap and shit phone ASAP but with it being 6 months until the new iPhone is released I dont know whether to wait until then to have a whole year with the best and flagship device or like you get the iPhone 6 in May and only have the lates device for 4 months.

You are always less than a year from the next release. You have to make a decision sometime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Robbo19 wrote: »

I was due an upgrade and I just went for the 6. I'm not one to need to have the latest model or anything so I never really thought about waiting for the new one.
  • Options
    Robbo19Robbo19 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    You are always less than a year from the next release. You have to make a decision sometime.

Yeah I know, it's just a hard decision to make really as everyone wants the best phone they can get dont they?, if the Samsung Galaxy S6 had to me a wow factor then I'd be upgrading in a few weeks but now it might be anything upto 6 months, depending on what comes first the Sony Xperia Z4 or iPhone 6s/7.
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I was due an upgrade and I just went for the 6. I'm not one to need to have the latest model or anything so I never really thought about waiting for the new one.

I think after having the iPhone 5s for so long and how much I hate it I'd need and want a whole year with the latest and greatest model tbh, seeing more and more people with and getting the iPhone 6/6+ is annoying like as im stuck with the shitty iPhone 5s looking like a cheap, undesirable and unfashionable knob!! As soon as the Sony Xperia Z4 or iPhone 6s/7 come out 100% will upgrade then and enjoy taking a hammer to my 5s ;-)