DTI6300 loses Series Link after recording

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
Forum Member
I had the following symptoms with Thomson DTI6300:

1) Intermittenmtly and randomly losing days and data from 8-day and 14-day EPG.
2) When setting program record Series Link, ater the first episode is recorded, the sunsequent episodes dissappear from Planned Recordings.

Software was latest version (7.04), and I performed all recommended suggestions (forced On Air Update, standby mode, waited >24 hours etc), but same symptoms.

Contacted Top Up TV who advised me to perform a Factory Reset.
This appears to have resolved the missing EPG data, but the Series Link issue is still present ---- IE even though Series Link is set when recording is set up. Only the first episode is recorded, and subsequent episones dissappear from Planned Recordings.

Any ideas how to resolve this problem

Comments

• misarmisar Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the hardware is OK and the problem persists you might try reformatting the disk, especially if this has never been done from new. (You will lose all existing recordings). Many revisions back TUTV introduced a new format to improve stability. After I had various problems TUTV recommended reformatting and this cured them. In case you have not noticed, a recent bug (still in 7.04) of which TUTV are aware prevents reliable recordings using the 8 day (Freeview) EPG.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Well, the EPG loss of data has not been fixed with the Factory Reset !!!
    Still getting days and data missing - EG after a power cycle, all 14 day info appears OK, then an hour later only 10 days are listed and some of those do not have any data.
    An hour or so later, only 5 days are listed etc

Contacted TopUpTV who point blank refused to offer any advice or help, as I am no longer a subscriber, despite the fact that they previously advised a Factory Reset, which they "were confident would resolve the problem" !!!

Will try a Hard Disk format, unless anyone has any other suggestions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A suggestion

Do a retune without the aerial in then switch off completely and forget all about it till tomorrow and then, when you've checked on that your Emley Moor and/or your relay have switched, do that HDD reformat and devise a way of tuning to only the RF range you want.
    We advise you wait until the expected completion time for switchover before [installing your new tuner or] re-tuning, otherwise you may find you are missing channels that you will receive after switchover.Digital UK)

Source: http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/when_do_i_switch/yorkshire/emley_moor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »

Here's where to check you're back
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/when_do_i_switch/yorkshire/emley_moor/emleymoor_relaytimes

You might, just might be able to get BBC One North East and Cumbria /itv1 Tyne Tees region analogue signals now Emley Moor has gone off air on your television, so try retuning that firstly for analogue then for digital so that you know which RF Channels you are receiving your best digital signals on.

All the best.
    Forum Member
    Well ---- A bit of a result, but I am totally confused (not surprising at my age) !!!

As suggested, I performed auto-scan without aerial.
    Confirmed that Emley Moor and subsideries switch over had completed.
    Scanned for Analogue channels (on TV) - none found
    Performed Hard Disk format, Factory Reset, and auto-scan.

Now, the intersting bits -

1) Transmitter is still showing East Yorks and Lincs

2) 14-day EPG still missing days and data - (Maybe it's not yet fully updated as I believe update time is 11:00-12:00), BUT Series Link is now NOT AVAILABLE. This was avaiable previously, but after first episode recorded, subsequent episodes were removed from Planned Recordings

3) On setting 8-day EPG, the data seems to be updated OK. Also, Series Link IS available (which contradicts info on other forums). I also confirmed that after a program is recorded, the subsequent episode is NOT removed from Planned Recordings.

Have left in standby with 14-day EPG selected to confirm (or otherwise) that EPG is uptated during the day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you try Ray's fix of not putting the aerial in until the scan reaches the 40s, the East Yorks and Lincs Belmont siganl oughtn't to be stored :)
    Forum Member
    Just a quick update ---- 14-day EPG and Series Link now OK since Re-scanning after Digital Switchover.
    I tried scanning with Aerial disconnected, but this resulted in only channels starting at 800 being stored.
    Decided to leave as before as I can live with a few in-corrrect regional channels