Doctor Who Fans (Part Ian)

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Human Nature aired seven years ago today.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Human Nature aired seven years ago today.

:o

^_^

That second smiley was just to see how it would feel to have no mouth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember all that complaining about the BBC promoting Day of the Doctor? :p
    BBC One have won the Eurovision Connect award for Best promotion for a Fictional Programme for its work promoting Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary episode.

The award was announced at the Eurovision Connect Conference in Vienna, Austria. The conference is organised by the European Broadcasting Union and brings together about 140 professionals from Public Service Broadcasters throughout Europe.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember all that complaining about the BBC promoting Day of the Doctor? :p

I still think the promotion was rubbish. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That goes without saying.

It's not like it was promoted on multiple platforms repeatedly for over a month or anything. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where, when and what is that from?

Just nabbed it from DWTV :p

Matt & Jenna reunited - for being, urhm, glamorous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just nabbed it from DWTV :p

Yeah, but was there any explanation of the photo? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.

5char
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now comparing this to what we have in out fandom, we can see many similarities. All over the internet people are shouting at the show, and even the head-writer believes that we all hate him. But if the fandom was as bad as it is made out to be, then would The Day of The Doctor have won the Audience appreciation award at the BAFTA’s? It’s clear from the reactions at the acceptance speech that even the crew weren’t expecting to triumph there.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/yes-im-a-whovian-but-im-one-of-the-nice-ones-63799.htm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all goin' down next month. Can you believe it? :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all goin' down next month. Can you believe it? :cool:

I know! It's insane. Feels like The Time of the Doctor only aired yesterday! Anyone doing anything special to mark the occasion (e.g. viewing parties, world tour of your own? :p:D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I daresay I have already found these two episodes more memorable and re-watchable than most of the last two series. Hopefully the start of a very good age of Who for this fan.

With the 50th as an exception, I haven't run to iPlayer straight after the episodes since the first half of Series 6. That feels a really long time ago now :(

Welcome back, Doctor Who. Hope you're here to stay, this time! :D Kick us back in to gear, you lot!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, great job there guys. Good effort ;-)

44 Years since The Master & Jo Grant were introduced!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    44 years. That goes to eleven and back twice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha! That's great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking through some old threads. Great post from Rooks :p
    Rooks wrote: »
    Moffat has a gift for good characterisations and subtle arcs. Every single character on Press Gang was well rounded and three dimensional and it's in this area that I think he'll make a real difference to Doctor Who. He had plots running throughout Press Gang's run that far exceeded expectations for such a show and this all bodes really well for Doctor Who. The series won't radically change under Moffat, especially not initially, but he'll add that touch of quality to things. Scripts will make more logically sense and we'll hopefully get a lot less of the tired cliches that have seeped into the show (I've just seen the trailer for the rest of this series - the darkness is coming.. again.. how many times is that now?). He might also try to be a bit more daring and stop with the London invaded storylines. We can only hope :)

You would be assassinated for saying stuff like this now, you know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I was reading this and then right at the bottom...
    Oh, and if you're looking for similar efforts, check out this great Red Dwarf mash-up from SciFiProductions.

I suddenly get a mention by DS and it's of one of the laziest things on my channel - my work here is done! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I was reading this and then right at the bottom...

I suddenly get a mention by DS and it's of one of the laziest things on my channel - my work here is done! :D

Congratulations ... reckon you should go lazier in future efforts! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That EastEnders 30th... what a load of rubbish, eh? There were so many more people they could have asked back... and to think that they chose to invent a new storyline for it? What's all that about? Could have quite easily picked something up from a decade ago and made it work with all the old faces. That DTC is up himself. What was he thinking by not asking BK, LN & DS back? They would have all done such a better job! Not enough references to the first 10 years of the show... it was all modern era rubbish.
    It was bloody well done, actually ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That EastEnders 30th... what a load of rubbish, eh? There were so many more people they could have asked back... and to think that they chose to invent a new storyline for it? What's all that about? Could have quite easily picked something up from a decade ago and made it work with all the old faces. That DTC is up himself. What was he thinking by not asking BK, LN & DS back? They would have all done such a better job! Not enough references to the first 10 years of the show... it was all modern era rubbish.
    It was bloody well done, actually ;)

I think your opinion is so important it deserves its own thread. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last chance to Rank the Revival on DWTV

RTD Era

Moffat Era