James Arthur: "Kingsland Road make me cringe"

Comments

• rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Didn't he tweet some fairly unpleasant comments to Matt Cardle?

oooh snap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    James is just the same as Matt cradle - owes everything to the X factor but persists with this idea that he's somehow above it all and takes himself very seriously. If he was that brilliant then he wouldn't have needed the X factor. Almost certainly, as soon as X factor cuts him loose, he'll sink without trace. Be nicer James - you may need some of these people on your way down.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really beginning to dislike him, he just seems to be extremely arrogant.
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It never seems to occur to him that people might have liked him AND whoever he has decided to rant about and call rubbish.

I was sat in a hotel with a group of fans of another artist and some of those fans quite liked him as well so went over to meet him. He proceeded to rant about the lack of talent of said other artist to a group of their rather dedicated fans. Needless to say said potential crossover fans no longer have plans to buy his album when it comes out.

It's an interesting PR idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I find it amusing that the various members of Little Mix have pretty much supported everyone who's likely to finish in the top half except KR without taking any shit for it.

All about how you say it.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    I find it amusing that the various members of Little Mix have pretty much supported everyone who's likely to finish in the top half except KR without taking any shit for it.

All about how you say it.

Please elaborate. This seems interesting!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    earldbest wrote: »
    Please elaborate. This seems interesting!

Bah, nevermind, I went back through their timelines and I guess Jade is supporting KR. Just missed that tweet.

They're pretty much supporting everyone in the competition it seems... Jade even complained they sent Lorna home.

That's one way to approach things...
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's such a tw*t :p
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    They are abit cheesy though, they are still better then Rough 'overatted' Copy though. :D
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    James frequently tweets unpleasant things directly to people. His Twitter in general is just a very unpleasant page full of negativity, no matter how often he hashtags #LOVE to make us think otherwise.

And surely he isn't so dim that he hasn't realised that by tweeting something horrible about Kingsland Road, they're going to feel like absolute crap that last year's WINNER, someone they probably really respect, has come out and said that about them? Not to mention the fact that when he performs, it's going to be super awkward for them if they meet backstage, knowing he thinks they're rubbish?

He might not have tweeted them directly but they're obviously going to hear about this, and James should have enough self-awareness (or at least enough experience by now) to know that the media pick on his more controversial tweets each time he writes them.
    Yes to random people who have sent him hate. Honestly I don't blame him for writing back because it might make them stop and think about what they send in future. You could argue and say he should ignore the comments but I think it comes to a point where you'd get sick of trying to put it out of your mind and have to respond.

I don't think it makes any difference whether he was the winner of XFactor last series or whether was a random member of the public in all honesty. Gary obviously sees potential in the guys and he's had lots of music success so it evens itself out. There will ALWAYS be people who dislike you whether you're in the limelight or not, James has the courage to say it which I actually really admire.
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Didn't he tweet some fairly unpleasant comments to Matt Cardle?
    Wasn't that AFTER he had tweeted/said things about him?
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    It never seems to occur to him that people might have liked him AND whoever he has decided to rant about and call rubbish.

I was sat in a hotel with a group of fans of another artist and some of those fans quite liked him as well so went over to meet him. He proceeded to rant about the lack of talent of said other artist to a group of their rather dedicated fans. Needless to say said potential crossover fans no longer have plans to buy his album when it comes out.

I suppose that he hadn't even thought about the possibility that those people were there for the other singer...

If he needs to be kept away from twitter & the "fans" in order to stop offending people, his PR team will have a tough time promoting him (not that they are having an easy ride as it is).

I don't know him, and I don't like or dislike him for now, but his attitude is doing him to favour at all (in general & with me too I suppose...). His album will have to be flawless & amazing to not get trashed by people who dislike him & will be looking for weaknesses (and even then...).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    I suppose that he hadn't even thought about the possibility that those people were there for the other singer...

It really hadn't occurred to him, probably finding out is what set off his rant, but he lost a few potential sales that night.
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Yes I respect Kingsland avenue, 1d, the wanted, Union j etc same as I respect anyone putting themselves out there.." "Sorry if it's not necessarily my thing musically or if I think some of it is imposed on us.. Sorry if that means I have a massive head lol" "What ya gunna do about it? Shoot me? Make my day.. Someone who practically brought me up/ a dear relative of mine just died!" "There's more f**king important things in life than boybands I'm afraid" "F**k off"

Best. Apology. Ever.

Even managed to bring a dead relative into it and link the complainants with the death.

Hilarious. :D
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    It really hadn't occurred to him, probably finding out is what set off his rant, but he lost a few potential sales that night.

It's not just a small isolated incident though is it, it's time and time again, he's getting involved in confrontation, negativity and rants which offend other people.
    I've seen so many articles in the press which portray him in a very poor light. He's rude, abusive, insulting and aggressive. The press may twist things and slant their articles in an unfavorable way but he writes his own twitter, he's responsible for his own behaviour.

I just wonder how much of an impact all this will have had on his fanbase as a whole and whether it will affect his sales.

His preorders for the album are not in the top 100 yet on Amazon. I know it's just over two weeks away until the release and he will get an XF performance, but even the likes of Alfie Boe's next album, due out a week after James, is higher in Amazon pre orders at the moment without the exposure James has had thus far.

I've never really looked at preorders for a winner's album before, maybe some of you know if it's much too early to read anything into those preorders. Do the public like the new single enough? The general consensus on Buzzjack is that Lorde is more likely to get the No 1 spot next week rather than James. Thoughts?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    However I will give the boys from Kingsland Road credit for not writing anything back. They've probably wanted to but even still...If someone had said that about me, I'd be pretty annoyed rightly.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes to random people who have sent him hate. Honestly I don't blame him for writing back because it might make them stop and think about what they send in future. You could argue and say he should ignore the comments but I think it comes to a point where you'd get sick of trying to put it out of your mind and have to respond.

I don't think it makes any difference whether he was the winner of XFactor last series or whether was a random member of the public in all honesty. Gary obviously sees potential in the guys and he's had lots of music success so it evens itself out. There will ALWAYS be people who dislike you whether you're in the limelight or not, James has the courage to say it which I actually really admire.

Wasn't that AFTER he had tweeted/said things about him?

How does it take COURAGE to slag off a new act who aren't doing you any harm?! Morrissey wept! :yawn:

And no, James more than started the Matt feud, and seems weirdly obsessed with Matt to be honest. It's a bit creepy, Desperate to prove himself as the alpha male winner, I suppose.

Anyway, James is shedding Twitter followers so, y'know, this whole PR exercise today has certainly been an interesting one...
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Didn't realise the last sentence of my previous post was almost exactly the same as yours. :o I guess it really IS an interesting PR idea, lol.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    I agree with James personally find Kingsland Road very cringe Rough Copy are much better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cringeland Road. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never warmed to the guy as I think there's something arrogant and dislikeable about him. he's entitled to his opinion but he's on thin ice. firstly he's a reality show winner, so slagging off other xfactor acts like he's holier than thou is rank hypocrisy. there's way of saying things without making yourself look like a tit.

the next few months is critical for james and he'd be wise to conduct himself with a little more thought. he wants people to buy his music but he seems to be doing a good job of alienating potential fans. history tells us that most winners disappear without a trace within a few years. he's going the right way about dropping off the cliff, especially as the new single is IMO awful
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise the last sentence of my previous post was almost exactly the same as yours. :o I guess it really IS an interesting PR idea, lol.

It sure is a novel approach offending as many people as possible, but maybe we will all bow down to his musical genius when the album is released.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I share his sentiments
    Well said JA
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does it take COURAGE to slag off a new act who aren't doing you any harm?! Morrissey wept! :yawn:

And no, James more than started the Matt feud, and seems weirdly obsessed with Matt to be honest. It's a bit creepy, Desperate to prove himself as the alpha male winner, I suppose.

Anyway, James is shedding Twitter followers so, y'know, this whole PR exercise today has certainly been an interesting one...
    Because the majority of famous people nowadays are too scared that it will damage their career. He's hardly "slagged them off" he's simply given his opinion. The word "cringe" isn't even bad, people are REALLY overreacting here.

And I'm pretty certain that Matt slated him in one of his interviews before James tweeted him.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They make me cringe too!

I quite liked them on Saturday though... Still.. I cringed.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Because the majority of famous people nowadays are too scared that it will damage their career. He's hardly "slagged them off" he's simply given his opinion. The word "cringe" isn't even bad, people are REALLY overreacting here.

And I'm pretty certain that Matt slated him in one of his interviews before James tweeted him.

James started the row with Matt when he slated all the previous XF male winners albums - saying how much better his would be - and this was before he had even won. Up until this point, Matt had actually openly supported James and Ella to win. Matt responded to the criticism very eloquently. He pointed out that he thought James was very talented but he hadn't won yet, and also that by slagging off Matt's album, he was actually slagging off all the co-writers and producers of that album too. James' eloquent response was "Get bummed some more" which, he bravely later deleted.

I can tell you are a James supporter, but try not to re-write history to make him sound better. He is behaving astonishingly badly at the moment.