Options

Amy Pond - Do we know why she's dressed as a tarty policwoman??

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
Any Idea?

Im guessing she's not an actual policewoman??

I did think strippogram but surely thats not fitting for a family show...

so, any ideas??

Maybe shes on her way to a fancy dress party when the doc meets her for the first time, and mistakes her for an actual policewoman?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ummmm... spoiler?

:cry:

But on the other hand...

PHWOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

:D
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well since we've seen pictures where she is seemingly arresting the Doctor I think there is a chance she is an actual police officer.
  • Options
    stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's coming off her Hen night. Her fiance Rory becomes a second companion later on in the series.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a timelord dressed as a policewoman who skimped a little on her research/skirt?
  • Options
    MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The correct answer is "Who cares why?" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Do we NEED to know?

Let's just be grateful.

:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stcoop wrote: »
    She's coming off her Hen night. Her fiance Rory becomes a second companion later on in the series.

Have you heard this somewhere, or is this intelligent speculation? Because that does sound very plausible!
  • Options
    BaileyBigIdiotBaileyBigIdiot Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    galentine wrote: »
    Have you heard this somewhere, or is this intelligent speculation? Because that does sound very plausible!

Well its not confirmed he is her fiance but
    a guy has been seen filming for the first episode and there are pictures of him on a shoot in another country

so it looks like he knows her but he might just be a friend but he does seem to become a second companion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well its not confirmed he is her fiance but
    a guy has been seen filming for the first episode and there are pictures of him on a shoot in another country

so it looks like he knows her but he might just be a friend but he does seem to become a second companion.

Yeah I've heard of Rory because of
    the pictures of him filming in a graveyard, is that for the vampire episode? I think it's a great idea to give Amy a bloke because hopefully that will ensure her relationship with the Doctor will be strictly platonic! I don't want any slushy stuff! Although Rose did have Mickey...

Anyway, back to the policewoman outfit. I like the idea of the hen night because there is no way a real policewoman could uphold authority in a skirt that short!
  • Options
    Stev0Stev0 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's either that or she was at someone elses hen night. The guy could just be a friend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    galentine wrote: »
    Yeah I've heard of Rory because of
    the pictures of him filming in a graveyard, is that for the vampire episode? I think it's a great idea to give Amy a bloke because hopefully that will ensure her relationship with the Doctor will be strictly platonic! I don't want any slushy stuff! Although Rose did have Mickey...

Anyway, back to the policewoman outfit. I like the idea of the hen night because there is no way a real policewoman could uphold authority in a skirt that short!

It might be based in the near future maybe 2012 or 2013, you never know.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory is definitely Amy's boyfriend, he's in multiple episodes.

Amy is a real policewoman, apparently
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like a tarty policewoman because Stephen Moffat knows we're all getting fed up with Russell 'Can't Write a cheque unless it has a gay agenda' T Davies's token gay undertones all the time. Am sure RTD will give us another token Homosexual in the fianlé ... you watch.... :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »
    She looks like a tarty policewoman because Stephen Moffat knows we're all getting fed up with Russell 'Can't Write a cheque unless it has a gay agenda' T Davies's token gay undertones all the time. Am sure RTD will give us another token Homosexual in the fianlé ... you watch.... :o

Yet it was the Moffs 2 parter of Empty Child/Doctor Dances which started the whole Gay Agenda theme in series one:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Rory is definitely Amy's boyfriend, he's in multiple episodes.

Amy is a real policewoman, apparently

How do you know he might be her best friend, just because that he joins the Doctor and Amy doesnt mean that Amy and Rory have to be in a relationship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet it was the Moffs 2 parter of Empty Child/Doctor Dances which started the whole Gay Agenda theme in series one:D

I need to see those eps again as I really don't remember Captain Jack being particularly sexual in that story at all... Besides I'm sure if this is the case it was less in your face as the way RTD does it... I still feel violently ill at the thought of CE's Doctor getting kissed by Barrowman in Parting of the Ways... I aint homophobic by-the-way, just find it wrong for 'who'.... :confused:
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I've come round to the opinion that, while I wouldn't call it anything like an agenda, surprisingly many of RTD's characters seem to be defined no further than name, job title, sexuality. I'm sure there's a bit of wanting to emphasise that some people are gay and, no, it doesn't make any difference, but I think I tend to come to the solution that RTD thinks that giving people families and relationships makes them identifiable. Hence why the received wisdom is that classic Who was rubbish at emotions, new Who is much better.

Anyway, he had the Master acknowledge his tickbox approach to demographics on screen, which in my book diminishes any criticism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need to see those eps again as I really don't remember Captain Jack being particularly sexual in that story at all... Besides I'm sure if this is the case it was less in your face as the way RTD does it... I still feel violently ill at the thought of CE's Doctor getting kissed by Barrowman in Parting of the Ways... I aint homophobic by-the-way, just find it wrong for 'who'.... :confused:

Apart from telling one of his fellow soldiers in his first scene , that he has an "excellent bottom"! Moff himself , has stood up for RTD and the Agenda stuff in the past. He's cited some of lines he wrote in that story as being full of innuendo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know he might be her best friend, just because that he joins the Doctor and Amy doesnt mean that Amy and Rory have to be in a relationship.

He's holding hands with her a lot. I also heard he was wearing an 'I love Amy' tee shirt, but I've not seen proof of that one yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from telling one of his fellow soldiers in his first scene , that he has an "excellent bottom"! Moff himself , has stood up for RTD and the Agenda stuff in the past. He's cited some of lines he wrote in that story as being full of innuendo.

Yea I know. I've read all that stuff too. I remember that first scene now. Oh well - it is what it is I guess. Maybe the Moff will carry on in the same vain. I got a feeling he won't though... but maybe it's hope :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea I know. I've read all that stuff too. I remember that first scene now. Oh well - it is what it is I guess. Maybe the Moff will carry on in the same vain. I got a feeling he won't though... but maybe it's hope :)

The way I see it , he did balance the same sex stuff out with the Tosh and the blonde alien getting it on in Torchwood. Not that many young kids would've seen that show. Most of the innuendo and banter is just suggestive and will go over the youngest kids heads anyway. I've read many an online debate on the Rose and Doctor being kissed by Jack scene. It involves a male actor kissing another , in the context of one playing an alien and the other a bloke who will sleep with any species. It's also more of a caring kiss you might give to a relative , than anything sexual IMHO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way I see it , he did balance the same sex stuff out with the Tosh and the blonde alien getting it on in Torchwood. Not that many young kids would've seen that show. Most of the innuendo and banter is just suggestive and will go over the youngest kids heads anyway. I've read many an online debate on the Rose and Doctor being kissed by Jack scene. It involves a male actor kissing another , in the context of one playing an alien and the other a bloke who will sleep with any species. It's also more of a caring kiss you might give to a relative , than anything sexual IMHO.

Yeah you're right on reflection. The worlds changing and we've all got to deal with it... Good little debate that though vaughan6477 ... easy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah you're right on reflection. The worlds changing and we've all got to deal with it... Good little debate that though vaughan6477 ... easy

Sorry if it sounded a bit like I was on a soapbox!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should point out that the preview for the next Dr Who magazine was just a big picture of Matt Smith's face and the release date in big letters: 7th January 2010.

So hopefully a lot of this will be cleared up then.
  • Options
    stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    He's holding hands with her a lot. I also heard he was wearing an 'I love Amy' tee shirt, but I've not seen proof of that one yet.

Not quite. If you look at the photos from Croatia he's wearing a shirt with a photo of himself and Amy in a Love Heart in them.