no "Back for Good"?

henderohendero Posts: 11,773
Forum Member
✭✭
Did I miss something, did they really have Take That night, and no one sang Back for Good? Would giving one of the entrants the song have been too much of an advantage?

This series of X Factor absolutely sucks.

Comments

• Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JLS should've sung it. Miles better song than A Million Love Songs :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Dakota. wrote: »
    JLS should've sung it. Miles better song than A Million Love Songs :(

I thought exactly the same, but even so they should have done better with the song they had, they were poor last night.
    It was a classic example of them being saved becasue they've had good weeks in the past , and Rachel's poor weeks catching up with her, she was awsome in the sing off but it wouldn't have made any difference how good or bad she was
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the exact same thing. Their best song imo, strange that JLS didn't sing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    jls were completely stitched up. They were supposed to sing Back for good and practised it all week.

on friday the x factor bosses decided they wanted jls in the bottom two so they pulled that song and made them sing million love songs.

i've lost interest in the show now, too manipulated and too obvious they get rid of who they want by these sort of things as well as stories in the media and judges comments.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,118
    Forum Member
    fishypoker wrote: »
    jls were completely stitched up. They were supposed to sing Back for good and practised it all week.

on friday the x factor bosses decided they wanted jls in the bottom two so they pulled that song and made them sing million love songs.

i've lost interest in the show now, too manipulated and too obvious they get rid of who they want by these sort of things as well as stories in the media and judges comments.

was it back for good they practised? i thought the big fracas was over 'rule the world' (which i think is an awful song, no idea why there is such a fuss over it)

i also don't see why they would want louis's last act in the bottom 2. the ideal last 4 has one act from each judge.
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back for good was not a take that original, it was a cover of someone elses song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    rule the world was the song that louis wanted for them but he didnt get the first song choice so it was chosen for rachel.

back for good was confirmed as jls's song on the xtra factor and on many posts on here from monday. simons comment on the live show said that they had done very well considering they were thrown in at the deep end on friday with a new song.
    Forum Member
    2la wrote: »
    Back for good was not a take that original, it was a cover of someone elses song.

:D:D:D

erm, in a word, nope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dj sunset wrote: »
    :D:D:D

erm, in a word, nope.
    er yep:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back for Good was written by Gary Barlow
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »

ok I stand corrected:cool: I could have sworn I had heard it before though:confused:
  • PandorianPandorian Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    ardwark wrote: »

Was it Gary Barlow from Take That, or another Gary Barlow? :D
    Forum Member
    Pandorian wrote: »
    Was it Gary Barlow from Take That, or another Gary Barlow? :D

it wos Gary Barlow
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    ok I stand corrected:cool: I could have sworn I had heard it before though:confused:

Garay Barlow did write Back for Good, but I've always thought it was remarkedly similar to Maria Mckee's "Show Me Heaven" - basically the same chord structure with a slightly different melody sang over the top. So I always kinda thought I'd heard it before as well.

Could be just me who thinks this though. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    JLS were meant to sing it but changed it at the last minute
  • catslovelycatscatslovelycats Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I thought the exact same thing. Their best song imo, strange that JLS didn't sing it.
    Thought so too:)
    maybe Louis knew they couldn't do it justice and didn't want to risk it.;)
    Though IMO JLS should have been able to handle any TT song with ease
  • henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

1. As has been pointed out above, Back for Good was a Take That original;

2. Relight my Fire was a Take That cover, but it was sung on Saturday;

3. During Mariah Carey week about half the songs weren't Mariah originals;