FlashForward (US Pace) No Spoilers

Comments

• pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember watching the water thing (maybe I went out the room for that moment) but could it be a baptism?
    Pretty violent baptism, though, given that she dies at the end...
  • Jacko lives!Jacko lives! Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I originally thought it might be a baptism too but her whole body is under.
    Re the wedding - I'm sure it's not a wedding but it's probably not the funeral as he died earlier, more a celebration of his life.
    They probably bought a job lot of tickets to fly everyone out so the almost bride thought may as well use them for something!
  • ZenithZenith Posts: 3,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember watching the water thing (maybe I went out the room for that moment)...
    Watch again at 39 minutes.

The man drowning her did resemble the Priest, but Nicole said "I saw the mans face who was doing it", which implies to me that she would recognise him again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    I ahve to say that I am really enjoying Flash forward. Ive been reading the thread frequently and have picked up several criticisms, but we have to give this show a proper try. IN view of the way LOST has worked, Im sure this series is better planned and tighter than LOST which if Im not mistaken, depsite the numerous reports from the creator that the whole thing was properly planned out, it seems, there are parts of the show which are not.

On another note, I abandoned Lost during the second series, and one thing Flash Forward has achieved is to prompt me to rewatch Lost and get back into it. I forgot how much I enjoy this type of complex multiple thread storytelling and am gonna seriously organise myself to watch Lost and catch up in time for the new and final series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAHAHA! And once again, the Brits are the bad guys... love it!

Bit behind with the episode this week (in fact, I think Five are showing it as I type this!) but anyway it was an enjoyable enough episode. Good to see some of the fringe cast members getting more screen time. Still annoyed at the (over) use of music when people are talking.

On a brighter note, Joseph Finnes isn't annoying me so much and John Cho has got much more bearable.

What an entrance for Dominic Monaghan, though... I literally shouted... "whaaaaaaahey".

Good to see they went for the shock factor rather than put his name at the start as a special guest star. Well, for me who didn't know when he was showing up anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Really enjoying this series.

I'm just waiting on Desmond showing up now. He's had his "flash forward" in Lost, and I still think him not entering the code in the hatch has something to do with all this :p:p
  • StefaninoStefanino Posts: 2,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 5....the power struggle between Washington politicos was not so exciting but the actress who saw herself as President in the future did a terrific job as superb!tch.

And the pregnant FBI agent turns out to be a lezzer! :confused:

I also thought the ending was great...the Chinese (?) connection already hinted at earlier in the episode, the music back-referencing to the Karaoke scene and the wounded lezzer thinking about her future pregnancy while the alarm clock makes another back-reference...wicked final scene!

Plus Dominic Monaghan comes to the fore next week - can't wait!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gotta say after last weeks episode i wasnt expecting much from this ep.....actually really enjoyed this ep....as usual the last 5-10 mins was the best...but stiill very good ep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    This show is getting more intriguing each week and I love it..............

I did get a lil confused about Stan and his past and what went on there with the new VP and the chairwoman - probably something we will find out.

So there is a twist - it was foreshadowed in 137 sekunden, but Janis is a lesbian - so it makes her pregnancy more surprising.

And the bloodbath at the end did feel a little out of place. Obviously Janis survives but interesting to see how we move forward!
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,326
    Forum Member
    After a interesting start, the past two weeks have really stepped up to the plate and you have to wonder what's going to happen.
  • Jacko lives!Jacko lives! Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a terrible show that doesn't know what it wants to be!
    I'll stick with it even after todays stinker but I don't hold out much hope on it giving me a satisfying conclusion at the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Just watched episode 5. Again, starts of really slow, but it paced up, as usual for the final few minutes.

Interesting to find out that Janis is a lesbian! Also we are starting to see more people and how they intertwined in the past!

Still feels that six months in the future is too short a time to allow for all the developments that have to happen, and still doing my head in as to how this will play out on screen!!!! Will the six months play out over various seasons or wiill they play out during this season, and then move forward with another flashforward.

Anyway, still intirguing and interesting. I still want to see how it all pans out...
  • paulbeattie87paulbeattie87 Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Just watched episode 5. Again, starts of really slow, but it paced up, as usual for the final few minutes.

Interesting to find out that Janis is a lesbian! Also we are starting to see more people and how they intertwined in the past!

Still feels that six months in the future is too short a time to allow for all the developments that have to happen, and still doing my head in as to how this will play out on screen!!!! Will the six months play out over various seasons or wiill they play out during this season, and then move forward with another flashforward.

Anyway, still intirguing and interesting. I still want to see how it all pans out...

I don't think they can drag out 6 months over anymore than 1 season. We have been introduced to this problem and we desperately want to find out what happens in 6 months time, who's behind the blackouts, how is it solved. If you take that and add a several month break whilst they film season 2 you will annoy and lose a lot of viewers. I fail to see how they can take it to anymore than 1 season 2 at a push.

As for this episode it was good, having the car crash at the start and then having it played out at the end was a nice addition. Also Janis being a lesbian adds intrigue as to how her pregnancy comes about. Also what happens to the president, where was he in his FlashForward if Senator SuperBitch is president then.

Last episode was really mundane I felt, this episode seems to have picked things up a little. Having a look at the preview for episode 6 on YouTube things are looking interesting next week!
  • Bhoy1888Bhoy1888 Posts: 1,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they can drag out 6 months over anymore than 1 season. We have been introduced to this problem and we desperately want to find out what happens in 6 months time, who's behind the blackouts, how is it solved. If you take that and add a several month break whilst they film season 2 you will annoy and lose a lot of viewers. I fail to see how they can take it to anymore than 1 season 2 at a push.

As for this episode it was good, having the car crash at the start and then having it played out at the end was a nice addition. Also Janis being a lesbian adds intrigue as to how her pregnancy comes about. Also what happens to the president, where was he in his FlashForward if Senator SuperBitch is president then.

Last episode was really mundane I felt, this episode seems to have picked things up a little. Having a look at the preview for episode 6 on YouTube things are looking interesting next week!

This series has got to deffo be a cliffhanger on the day of the FlashForwards.They black out happened on OCT6th which was probably the day the USA premier was supposed to be roughly and April 19th will be around the time the first series ends
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode and at last Courtenay B Vance comes to the fore,wasn't til after the eppy i realised there was no Monaghan as it really zipped along so good signs all round.Also im pretty sure the producers have stated that we will see April 29 this season in real time and it wont be the last episode as that will air in May.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    jonny84 wrote: »
    I did get a lil confused about Stan and his past and what went on there with the new VP and the chairwoman - probably something we will find out.

It looks as if they both were on the now presidents election team, Stan was paid to make the woman disappear as it is a 'skeleton in the closet' which Clemente didn't approve of and has hated him since. I presume this was the 'you owe me one' Stan and the president were talking about.

One minor annoyance with an otherwise great ep.......Stan (and then Benford) clearly refer to the chairwoman as Joyce Clemente and yet her nameplate at the hearing reads 'Sen. Jane Clemente'. Is it me being thick or did they muck up here! I know its a very minor thing but things like that bug me!!!!
  • skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two points about who the president may be on 29/04/10:

The current prez's FF has a member of his staff interrupt him in his bedroom addressing him as "Mr President". This may be deliberately misleading, as I believe even ex-presidents are still addressed as "Mr President".

Clemente claimed to have foreseen herself as the President in her FF. This may well be a lie on her part (did we actually see her FF?). If she makes people believe that she will be the president, then it may help her on her path to make it happen. (But that's not an attempt on my part to enter the debate on "free will" vs "fate"...)
  • robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's it I'm done. It's too slow for me and too many plot holes
    Even the ending is a stupid cliphanger, it's obvious she's going to live, because she's going to be pregnant. Also, why didn't they just shoot the car with the missile launcher when they got into the car, instead of crashing into them first (giving them time to escape) and then shoot at them.

STUPID!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robot1000 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it immensely. What plot holes are there? We're only 5 eps in and anything unexplained has a fair chance of being explained in future episodes. I don't think there's been anything untoward in that respect so far.

Fair enough, there will always be in such "time-travel" shows the whole "if you know the future, then you can change the future" aspect and we need to see this explained, but it's still early in the series so give it chance. I'm looking forward to it!

Fair point if you think it's too slow. I personally don't mind the pace of it at all.
    Even the ending is a stupid cliphanger, it's obvious she's going to live, because she's going to be pregnant. Also, why didn't they just shoot the car with the missile launcher when they got into the car, instead of crashing into them first (giving them time to escape) and then shoot at them.

STUPID!
    No need for the "spoiler" tag as it's already been aired in the US and this is the US thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

STUPID!

Erm...I think you need to re-learn some definitions... :o
    A cliFFhanger is when the end of a programme, series or film (in a series) has a scene with an ambiguous outcome. The analogy is obviously a heroine hanging off a cliff edge - will she fall or will she be saved? Watch next week...

A plot hole is when there's a contradiction or impossible situation e.g. The wizard said that no mortals could ever enter the chamber and survive yet Pinco Pallino did in the first series OR If the plane took off at 7pm from LA, how did Bagpuss get there from New York in time to get on board?
    Dumb assassins do not a plot hole make.

A spoiler is the public disclosure of upcoming information that might ruin someone's enjoyment: you have opined that the shot FBI agent will survive because YOU think the Flashforwards will all come true. This has yet to be determined and is merely what you think. It is NOT established fact and therefore is not a spoiler. [/teacher] :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^

Answer me this:

2 weeks ago we saw the main character see in his flash forward the name of the Nazi in germany and he flew out to see him. If he wouldn't have had the ff he wouldn't have known about him.

Plothole: How did he get the name of the Nazi on his wall in his FF? The whole thing just doesn't make any sense
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^

Answer me this:

2 weeks ago we saw the main character see in his flash forward the name of the Nazi in germany and he flew out to see him. If he wouldn't have had the ff he wouldn't have known about him.

Plothole: How did he get the name of the Nazi on his wall in his FF? The whole thing just doesn't make any sense
    I think you're missing the point of the show, or at least it's the point for me. How such paradoxes are to be explained. (I thought I'd expressed this in my previous post.) Maybe I'm wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^

Answer me this:

2 weeks ago we saw the main character see in his flash forward the name of the Nazi in germany and he flew out to see him. If he wouldn't have had the ff he wouldn't have known about him.*

* EXACTLY! Although drunk in his FF, he realises that all the pics and post its on his bulletin board are part of solving the mystery. When his colleague (in the present) mentions the word 'Sekunden' he remembers it on his board in his FF. He asks if there's a photo of the Nazi and when he sees it, he remembers seeing it on his board in his FF. He therefore concludes that this is an important lead and follows it up...correctly as it turns out since the dead crows lead to the Somalia connection and now they have discovered the mysterious towers constructed there a few months previous to the 1991 event.
    I don't see any plot holes! :confused:

Edit: as the guy said to his Korean colleague: "We can use what we saw to prevent what we saw". After 6 months investigation, in late April 2010, Mark will know which info has been important SO when it emerges in the present, he is ready to latch onto it. Pity he will be on the bottle though! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, I think I must have missed that bit

I'll give it one more shot next week - If the agent dies then I'll go back to watching it, if she survives then I'll give up (as it will become too predictable)
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's one question I'd still like answered, sooner rather than later. Did Demetri "shop" the customs guy? Logic (such as it is) demands that he would have, just to prove to himself that he can change the future and thus avoid being assassinated. Of course, there could be a "twist" where, due to a bureaucratic/admin cockup, the customs guy still gets the gig despite the drugs offence, but I'd like to know for sure!

K