Options

Eastenders 20/12/2010 - Confessions.... Episode Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;46720866']She may have been in Corrie at one point. Or Waterloo Road.

She gets about, have a vague feeling she was in Doctors.
    Entirely possible she's been in this before as another character.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has there ever been a soap child who is so not the product of his parents as Peter Beale, how is he so nice?

If Ian had been offering Lucy money to keep quiet about Glenda she would have been out the door and in TopShop before Ian had a chance to put his wallet back in his pocket!

In fact if I didn't know better I would think that EastEnders had already
    done a baby swap story when Peter was born and somewhere the real Peter Beale is out there fleecing people out of money, telling lies and ruining lives like his parents and sister!
  • Options
    Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Thomas Law was great today. So good looking too. Hope he returns. If EE have axed him its a massive mistake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Rickaayyy and Bianca saved with one of those Christmas Catalogues. The firm went bust and they lost their Christmas money. That's why they are skint.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look forward to seeing Connor face Phil's fury. Never liked that guy.

Which one? Actually I can't stand either of them.
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Ricky is a mechanic, Bianca has a job, Whitney sells her t-shirts yet they are skint.
    and they scrounge off Pat
    Is there any point of Jay.
    He's Jay Mitchell, Philth's No 2
    Psycho Janine has lost any sympathy she had from me lol
    I have never had any.
    I suppose at least Janine is interesting.
    Is she?
    Janine :yawn:zzzZZZZZZ
    Exactly
    jlrob wrote: »
    Pat - Under-reaction? She didn't just say she cut up his shirts - She TRIED TO KILL HIM.
    Pat really really annoys me:mad:
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking.

What's the point in Connor? This scene's making me cringe especially Connor's acting.
    It's his voice that annoys me:o
    Lauren__ wrote: »
    Phil's so past the days of being intimidating :rolleyes:
    Tell that to the scriptwriters:rolleyes:
    Janine doing the best she can with ludicrous material.
    She was OTT as usual
    Who's that woman? Recognise her. :confused:
    jen0607 wrote: »
    She's been a social worker in something....but I can't remember what!

She was the Policewom,an in The Bill who could run. She would have been better suited to be a Social worker.

Why would Denise want to keep the boy is he doesn't want to be there?
    masterquan wrote: »
    It's unrealistic how pat keeps defending her.
    Totally
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Well thats was a crap filler episode.
    95% of EE episodes are fillers:p
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dessie wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, I think £120 was what Denise lost, Ricky and Bianca lost a lot more - it was never said exactly how much.

Thought it was a decent episode tonight except for the Connor & Phil stuff which is sending me to sleep even more than Ryan/Stacey did. :yawn: Had enough now, time for Connor to go.

Why did they lose money? Was it in shares or what. I wasn't really paying much attention when it happened. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cobis wrote: »
    has there ever been a soap child who is so not the product of his parents as Peter Beale, how is he so nice?

If Ian had been offering Lucy money to keep quiet about Glenda she would have been out the door and in TopShop before Ian had a chance to put his wallet back in his pocket!

I had to be careful there to edit out your spoiler without reading it.
    By the same token Lucy so is the product of 2 human beings with no redeeming features.

Peter is the 'white sheep' of the family :)

As an aside didn't Peter or Lucy, tell Ian to straighten up and fly right as they didn't want Bobby going through multiple break-ups and mother figures, like they had?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    Why did they lose money? Was it in shares or what. I wasn't really paying much attention when it happened. :o

One of those Christmas club things they went bust so they've lost all the money they'd saved over the year.
    Bit of an old story though isn't it, that was 'current' years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    She was the Policewom,an in The Bill who could run. She would have been better suited to be a Social worker.

Why would Denise want to keep the boy is he doesn't want to be there?

Why was she more suited to be a social worker?

I guess because Denise thinks he should stay with the family he's grown up with, well over the last few years.
    Maybe she thinks he's going to get a different spin on Lucas from his sister and she's going to twist things until he's an innocent victim of those around him or something?

Maybe she thinks children should have stability and not be moved around various relatives?
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hard to believe with all the family Ricky and Bianca have in the square that they wouldn't help them out with money for Christmas. Max and Jack are quite well off, Phil and Ricky are good friends (Although the writers have forgotten this), Jane would probably help Bianca out. They could all lend them money.
  • Options
    ManOfEastManOfEast Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it a fairly entertaining episode, with the Ricky and Bianca stuff being my favourite. Seeing them deal with very down-to-Earth, very real problems is a refreshing change and the kind of stuff I love seeing rather than too much OTT-nonsense.

The Janine and Ryan storyline has surprisingly improved, though not really to spectacular levels. The extra stuff with Stacey and Janine was interesting enough as well, nice to see the "bonus scenes" format come back for this week. It was nice to see them talk, or at least reference their shared experience of being humiliated by Archie and abandoned. In fact I think their similarities have been very underplayed throughout the whole storyline. More could've been done I think.

The worst of Ian was shown today, and I think conversely we saw the best of Peter. Ian looking after completely his own interests and trying to manipulate was totally like him. :mad:

As for Phil and Connor, their bit was alright. I think the point they were trying to get across is that Connor isn't actually cut out for crime, but the scene could've done with better acting and Jay lurking in the background was a bit silly. If Connor had come in full of himself and arrogant, and then Phil had made the threat of getting into trouble with the people he knows it would've been more believable.

All in all, generally good stuff though. :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why was she more suited to be a social worker?
    Because she was a crap Police Officer. However, she was good at talking to people.

I get the impression that Connor's stash will be paying for the Jacksons Christmas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't understand what the whole Phil involved with jewellery is all about with Connner. I don't really want to either but it's random and seems Conner is there just so Phil can lord it over again

I thought Jordan had left already havent seen him in ages,

Best bit Janine getting irate by the name 'Stace' it winds me up as well. I know it's just a shortening of her name and they do it with alot of soap characters, but for some reason this one has just started to grate on me and is bloody annoying as hell.

I think it was from when Bradley shouted 'Stace run' and also Charlie was calling her it a while back and I thought it sounded weird.

The men folk tend to overuse it alot. Bradley calling her it was fine back in the day and cute, but everyone and his wife seems to call her it now. Even when they are angry or upset with her. Max is the biggest culprit. I remember him one being a complete pig to her during the affiar reveal and still insisted on using the 'Stace' when being all threatening.

Anyway it's a pet hate of mine so i'm glad it came up, even if Janine is like queen bitch.
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of those Christmas club things they went bust so they've lost all the money they'd saved over the year.
    Bit of an old story though isn't it, that was 'current' years ago.

I suppose it may have been if not common but about in the days before most had credit cards however not for a two or more job family who live in a house owned by someone else.
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's unrealistic how pat keeps defending her.

I doubt that she will by the time xmas is over but in reality this is how the the story has been going for several months.
  • Options
    fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I cant seem to wrap my mind over is why oh why Ben has aged so much and the kid who allegedly caused his incarceration, JORDAN,PRETTY MUCH LOOK THE SAME AGE??:confused:

simply that the old ben actor looked younger than the age that ben the character actually is. it's now 'about' right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I doubt that she will by the time xmas is over but in reality this is how the the story has been going for several months.

Pat always forgives/defends Janine.
    It's always been that way, the time between Pat losing her temper with her, disowning her and/or joining in the bad mouthing of Janine is variable though.
    Sure as night follows day, Pat will come to her 'daughters' aid/defense.

Like a lot of posters on here maybe they see her as emotionally damaged and people need to make allowances for that.
    If find her 'bets' highly irritating.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we have Janine attempting to murder Ryan in one scene, and Ian getting a call from Glenda (who he's been paying for sex) and who is asking if Ian's son tried to kill her, in another.

Could Eastenders be any sillier at the mo?

A touch of normality would be nice.

The producers/writers need to calm things down. It's all way over the top.
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biance should just remind Ian of the night she caught Ian in Glendas bedroom, I'm sure the weasal would cough up a substantual amount to keep them in chicken nuggets over the Holiday period.:D
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricky is a mechanic, Bianca has a job, Whitney sells her t-shirts yet they are skint.

Lost all their christmas savings. Too late in the day now to find the extra money required I suppose.
    His illness is suspicious wouldn't the hospital have called the police.

Not until he wakes up I to see if he did take an overdose or not :confused:
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    Jordan's still alive, and as happy as ever!

Little ray of sunshine isn't he? Let him go Denise FGS.
    You didn't care about Lily not meeting him when you were threatening never to let him see her ever again every other day.

Very true.
    MCRicken wrote: »
    Janine is human after all :eek:

Well ....
    Peter's better than lucy. Don't change his head

Seconded.
    MCRicken wrote: »
    Hardman Philth :rolleyes:

Isn't it borrrrrrrrrrrring :yawn: How long are they going to stretch out this Phil Mitchell hard man crap?
    smashbox wrote: »
    How come the kids arent expexcting Santa?!!

I thought that too. Why was that pressie under the tree and not put out on Christmas Eve? I think the younger Jackson kids know the truth about Santa now :(
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Pat still willing too stick up and make excuses for Janine.

Why does she feel so responsible for Janine? I've never understood it. Most of the time Janine treats her like sh!t. Is it because she thinks she owes Frank? If it is I think she repaid that debt along time ago.
    he should of got shirley to do it. shes far more scarier than him :p

True. Shirley is much more terrifying than Phil :D
    Doctors would have given him the billy quizz, trying to find out if he was trying to top himself and mental health professionals needed to get involved.
    Would have been apparent from the look on his face that he hadn't deliberately emptied a bottle of pills down his neck in one sitting.

Put it all back on him, 'If you ever loved me' etc etc.

Well thought out. Playing the guilt trip on him to make him keep schtum.

Must be something wrong with me tonight because I couldn't work out a few things. My brain's mush!! I think I'm all christmassed out and it hasn't even started yet.
    cobis wrote: »

done a baby swap story when Peter was born and somewhere the real Peter Beale is out there fleecing people out of money, telling lies and ruining lives like his parents and sister!

Good post. And I love your spoiler :D
    smashbox wrote: »
    Biance should just remind Ian of the night she caught Ian in Glendas bedroom, I'm sure the weasal would cough up a substantual amount to keep them in chicken nuggets over the Holiday period.:D

Nice :cool: A bit of blackmail would sort her problems out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Isn't it borrrrrrrrrrrring :yawn: How long are they going to stretch out this Phil Mitchell hard man crap?
    Another 20 ish years of the same Phil the hardman storylines.
    As boring as Billy's storylines IMO.
    You get some respite e.g. Billy/Little Mo/Honey, then it's back to the same old.
    I thought that too. Why was that pressie under the tree and not put out on Christmas Eve? I think the younger Jackson kids know the truth about Santa now :(
    Pressies start accumulating under the Tree whenever the Tree goes up.
    Why does she feel so responsible for Janine? I've never understood it. Most of the time Janine treats her like sh!t. Is it because she thinks she owes Frank? If it is I think she repaid that debt along time ago.
    Maybe it's simply a Mothers unconditional love.
    Maybe she thinks shes responsible for Janine being a sociopath.
    Well thought out. Playing the guilt trip on him to make him keep schtum.

Well Ryan cheated on her and 'drove' her to it.
    Then again he married a sociopath under the delusion he could 'fix' her apparently, clearly on a hiding to nothing from the outset even if Stacey hadn't got involved.

Where is Terrance the dog btw?
    Why do they bring dogs into EE when they're not going to use them properly or can't be bothered with them.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a good episode tonight, I liked the Ricky/Bianca scenes.

I also liked The Bill's Eva Sharpe and Yvonne Hemmingway discussing where Lucas should be on Christmas Day :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine FTW!
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another 20 ish years of the same Phil the hardman storylines.
    As boring as Billy's storylines IMO.
    You get some respite e.g. Billy/Little Mo/Honey, then it's back to the same old.

It's just getting stupid nowadays though, I mean, he's hardly a spring chicken. Yesterday's episode was ridiculous in the extreme when we had big, beefed up and at his physical peak Connor being cowed by an old man and a skinny kid (Jay - standing 'menacingly' (:rolleyes:) in the background!). If I'd had the energy I would have literally laughed out loud :D
    Maybe it's simply a Mothers unconditional love.
    Maybe she thinks shes responsible for Janine being a sociopath.

Spot on. Now I think about it after a good nights sleep I'm sure she's mentioned something in the past about her and Frank feeling responsible that she was so 'troubled'. Wasn't Frank having an affair with her when his wife (Janine's mum) died and Pat possibly moved in with indecent haste afterwards?
    Well Ryan cheated on her and 'drove' her to it.
    Then again he married a sociopath under the delusion he could 'fix' her apparently, clearly on a hiding to nothing from the outset even if Stacey hadn't got involved.

He obviously thought she was exaggerating and wasn't as bad as she was making herself out to be. Stupid man. Certainly got a reality check when he was in that hospital bed ...
    Where is Terrance the dog btw?
    Why do they bring dogs into EE when they're not going to use them properly or can't be bothered with them.

I'd forgotten about Terence?! I'm sure the last time I saw her (did I imagine it's a female dog called 'Terence'?) she was with Tiffany, then Janine nicked her back but what happened after that?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat has spoken about why she always ends up back with Janine, and you're right - Pat feels guilty over the way Janine turned out. But I don't just think it's guilt. I think it started that way, but I believe Pat has a soft spot for her. You know, the 'daughter she never had' kinda thing. And it's the same with Janine - she does love Pat in her own way. Their mother-daughter relationship is very unconventional, but it works so well IMO. Pam & Charlie have a certain chemistry onscreen that makes it believable, IMO. Janine & Pat are never going to go out shopping together or do eachothers nails, but they do care for one another.