Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    but still better than the american version pronounced "on rowte"

The way Americans say "anti" set my teeth on edge. I love the US accents usually but AN-TIE just grates!
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    Working from home and being constantly interrupted by delivery men mistaking my home for the local parcel drop-off point.
  • Options
    owlie81owlie81 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Walking along the pavement when a big lorry is driving towards me and blows a cloud of dust into my face about 2 seconds after it passes.

Also seeing gross gobs of spit/phlegm on the pavement.
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    YouTube removing the "remove captions" button.
  • Options
    jackie_Fletcherjackie_Fletcher Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who dawdle really slowly on zebra crossings without waving thank you.

I want to run them over. :mad:
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way that sunlight travels 150,000,000km to Earth, gets refracted about 30 arc-minutes by the atmosphere and then somehow manages to find a path from one of the tiny little gaps in my blinds right into my eyes when I'm trying to work.

Some of the routes it manages to find are quite ingenious. Today's way via the window frame, through the little string-hole on the blinds, behind the tie I've put over the string-holes and into the mirror before hitting my eyes was something special.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People driving too fast on high hedged single lane country roads and not expecting anyone else to be coming the other way.
  • Options
    open-armsopen-arms Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    YouTube removing the "remove captions" button.

It is still there, just hidden under the cog on the bottom right of the video player :)
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No doubt you'd use the "they deserved it" defense. :D
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People who dawdle.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who say, for example, "October 10" rather than "October 10th".
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    People who say "Am I right or am I right?" Usually loud-mouthed tossers who are wrong.
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    open-arms wrote: »
    It is still there, just hidden under the cog on the bottom right of the video player :)

Ahh, thanks!
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tominxster wrote: »
    Can't stand seeing people with their feet on the seats either. They could have walked through anything and then people sit there. Its so rude

For some reason it almost always seems to be teenage girls who do this. I don't say anything because I don't want to be sweared at.
  • Options
    Scarlet FeverScarlet Fever Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    ^ On the subject of "cheeky", I was having difficulties accessing the organisation's website at work so contacted IT support about it. The guy suggested one solution relating to the web address and then said if that didn't work "You could be cheeky and try this [alternative link to the website]". What's cheeky about fixing a problem?

What an ID10T !!

Playing online (world of warcraft) in a random group (LFR Raid) and it doesn't go exactly to plan and the insults start flying

"Tank should stop s*cking his boyfriends d*ick"

So homophobic and agressive

Tank is a girl!!

Then his friend start having a go at me in private chat
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some funny people in the supermarket, I really think they coach them in for the day to walk around and say odd things out loud .:D
    For example, just today I had the privilege on encountering

A man talking to his wife when a person was looking at cakes and commenting on such.
    I can look at cakes if I want to it's none of your business if I'm looking at cup cakes. :D I proclaimed my outrage of such rudeness as they walked away.

Men with trolleys that think it's ok to utter rude names under their breath at ladies, I did hear you as I turned round.:D

Women who are with their boyfriend and talk about how their hair looks nicer that it's longer as I walk past and then look back at me .:D

Anyone think this is odd or is it supermarket drama for the shoppers?:D
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone at work has a very similar name to me. People clearly only search the first few letters of the name in the phonebook, and rather than take the time to make sure they've got the phone number of the correct person, just take which number comes up first - mine. So I keep getting phonecalls from people asking for Shirley in payments. That isn't me!!! :mad:
    johnny-br wrote: »
    The way Americans say "anti" set my teeth on edge. I love the US accents usually but AN-TIE just grates!

Yes!! On the flip side, the way they say buoy tickles me. Boo-ee :D
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    johnny-br wrote: »

For me it's how they say Iraq, I couldn't watched Fahrenheit 9/11 when it was released because of it.
  • Options
    Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    People who say, for example, "October 10" rather than "October 10th".

People who say October 10th instead of people who say October THE 10th!

British people who say "Math" instead of "Maths" which is actually more grammatically correct as it is the study of Mathematics, NOT Mathematic!
  • Options
    PiazzaPiazza Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People spelling and pronouncing 'marshmallow' as 'marshmellow'! Sue Perkins did it on the Great British Bake Off this week.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    On the bus today a woman got on with a child in a buggy. I say child as she was clearly able to walk (running around the bus station). As soon as the bus pulled in the mum plonked her in the buggy and told her to stay in it. She got on the bus and put the buggy in the buggy bit and sat next to her.

At the next stop a family tried to get on with a baby in a pram and she refused to take her child out and fold away her buggy. So the family had to wait in the wind and rain for the next bus! All the time she had a smug look on her face.

It annoyed me because her child was clearly capable of sitting on a chair but she was too lazy to fold the buggy up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    another bus annoyance again :D

is why do people get in the bus with a £!0 or £20 notes ? when there is a shop close by to get change from, instead the driver either has to ask the passenger to go to shop and get change or the driver uses all his change on the one person holding us up , holds us up both ways. :(
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And on a similar theme, people who press the button even when there's nothing coming and cross. Then when I'm approaching the crossing the lights change to red and there's nobody waiting.....
    I often feel like just driving through, but knowing my luck there'd be a camera or a warden lurking.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    And on a similar theme, people who press the button even when there's nothing coming and cross. Then when I'm approaching the crossing the lights change to red and there's nobody waiting.....
    I often feel like just driving through, but knowing my luck there'd be a camera or a warden lurking.

Aw y'know, I feel rotten about doing that. I really do. But my eyes are so bad I can't estimate the speed of oncoming traffic properly, plus I can't tell a car's distance accurately. When I'm out with someone else, they'll tell me we don't need to press the button, but I press it anyway, then I feel awful when I get to the other side just as the lights go on red. :o
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Relly wrote: »
    Aw y'know, I feel rotten about doing that. I really do. But my eyes are so bad I can't estimate the speed of oncoming traffic properly, plus I can't tell a car's distance accurately. When I'm out with someone else, they'll tell me we don't need to press the button, but I press it anyway, then I feel awful when I get to the other side just as the lights go on red. :o

Hmm.
    there's an alarm sound that tells you when you can cross. Why not just press the button, wait for the sound then cross? I don't mind stopping for someone on the crossing, it's stopping when someone has pressed the button and crossed without waiting that grinds my gears.
This discussion has been closed.