Comments

• Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mungobrush wrote: »
    I read the article and I couldn't see any reference to Tory party policy

This thread is a farce.

I agree. The OP has an over-active imagination.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it depends which creation story. I'm rather fond of the egyptian Heliopolis creation story, whereby the god Atum, after appearing on an island out of the chaos, self-pleasures and then 'spits' other gods into existence. I'd like to see Christian reactions to that being taught in schools.

Why would they teach that in a Christian country?
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member

I would hope they teach all religions, not just the dominent one. Understanding the differences and similarities is more important than just knowing about one story. All creation stories are attempts to explain existence, it's just that none of them fit all the facts (or any of them, come to think of it).
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? A Christian country?
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The likely reason for religion is that we all find truth very difficult to see.
    As likely not that 'as rare as a Dodo' truth also leads to oneness and in itself goes into conflict with diversity.

Everywhere in the world someone is preaching some single truth or other. There is always a sapling human need to latch onto one of them. Fashion, is it just a religion with an easier means of escape?
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why teach creation MYTHS as science?
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory
    As the debate over the teaching of evolution in public schools continues, a new controversy over the science curriculum arose Monday in this embattled Midwestern state. Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning are now asserting that the long-held "theory of gravity" is flawed, and they have responded to it with a new theory of Intelligent Falling.

Rev. Gabriel Burdett explains Intelligent Falling.

"Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence, 'God' if you will, is pushing them down," said Gabriel Burdett, who holds degrees in education, applied Scripture, and physics from Oral Roberts University.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Really? A Christian country?

The UK is officially Anglican.
  • Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Christian reactions to that being taught in schools.

We got taught that kind of thing in school, but personally I supect Eris. We're the kind of thing a woman would do.