Forum Member
    Box 2 Please
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    box 22 this week please:)
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half, played the game well despite the nonsense.
    BOX 17 for next week please.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    She had box 22 the death box didn't she?! What a coincidence.
  • ScrumperScrumper Posts: 3,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Box 8 next week please!

Come on Villa.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That must be quite possibly the funniest ending to a game I have ever seen! :D
    A brilliant game right from the start!

Box 13 please
  • digiremotedigiremote Posts: 3,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Box 21 please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot believe TWO PEOPLE would've gambled £75,000 on Box 23!! :o
  • RobbomanRobboman Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot believe TWO PEOPLE would've gambled £75,000 on Box 23!! :o

Take their names down and wait for their game!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robboman wrote: »
    Take their names down and wait for their game!

Stevie & Bradley
  • SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    Box 5 please
    Forum Member
    Here are the results of this week's box game.

Congratulations to richie4eva (winner) and eugenespeed (runner up) and bad luck Scrumper with the wooden spoon.
  • ScrumperScrumper Posts: 3,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey :p What's the lowest ever?
  • SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £47,000 sounds like a big No Deal but in this situation it isn't really. Remember she is guaranteed £35K so the way to look at it is that they are playing for £40K (the difference between £75K and £35K),of which the Banker is only offering her £12K (47-35). Looked at that way,it's a fairly obvious No Deal,you are going to win an extra £28K or lose £12K. Either way you are guaranteed £35K at least.

I too am slightly skeptical of the two players on the wings who said they would risk £75,000 on Box23. Hopefully they will win decent money themselves,and then we shall see. Incidentally £75,000 at Box23 is only worth £69,500,so you would be making a theoretical £5,500 mistake if you went for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrumper wrote: »
    Blimey :p What's the lowest ever?

To play DOND six times and achieve total winnings of only £157.01 takes some doing. The totals achieved in the box game are quite instructive, remember the average over the week should be about £150,000. Six players out of twelve were near or beat the average this week,despite the £250K not being picked by anybody on two days out of the six. Compare this with the actual amount of money won over the week by the players on the show. Even with a £75,000 winner on the last show of the week,they only hit about £93,000,and £10,000 of that was a Box23 Get Out Of Jail Free. The players over the week will very rarely beat the average.
  • ramraider1ramraider1 Posts: 14,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Box 1 please
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I run away with that this week :o

Edmondo's face was a picture when the adhesive failed inside the box again :D

Really good win for Gill at the end :)

BOX 6 please
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Box No15 thanks.

I liked Gill, a good rock solid ballsy player of the old school on DOND, decision & luck matched for once.

A first for the programme with us seeing the independent adjudicator, surely? It was her fault that it fell off. Doing that for 8 years, no wonder she's been getting a bit lax recently. I'm curious as to why Gill would not have felt or heard that piece of thick card moving around loosely inside her box when she picked it up and moved it for her game. More troubling still would be what the hell would have happened if that card had not been in the box at all, after Gill having such a fabulous game.

Noel is no fool, so why does he continue to insist that there is any genuine decision over box 23 in games like today with such decent winnings? We know there isn't, and so does he really. The pretence otherwise is unbecoming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »

More troubling still would be what the hell would have happened if that card had not been in the box at all, after Gill having such a fabulous game..
    It's happened before,it's on YouTube. They opened a box and there was nothing in it. They reshuffled the remaining boxes. It was the £250,000 that should have been in it so the player got a break. But that was in the middle of the game. Here,with only two boxes left,they'd presumably just open the last box and then award the player the one remaining unseen amount of money. Certainly they could hardly start again when the player was in such a strong position at the end,with a guaranteed £35K win at least.

The only way they will encourage players who have won decent money to gamble on Box23 is if they take away the Nothing result. And I can't see that happening.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done, Gill! A great player, great personality and a well deserved big win. :)
  • MarrooMarroo Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BOX NO. 7 for me this week , please ! :)
    Forum Member
    BOX LIST FOR W/C MON. 24/03/14

1. Ramraider1
    2. Stan Marsh
    5. Smithman
    6. Richie4eva
    7. Marroo
    8. Scrumper
    13. GoCompareThis
    15. Rich Tea.
    17. Pink Knight