New Power Rangers Movie

dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are returning to the big screen in a new live action film. Yes, Lionsgate and Saban Brands announced this morning that the Power Rangers franchise is going to be coming back to a theater near you in the not too distant future.

Read more at http://m.hitfix.com/news/the-mighty-morphin-power-rangers-are-set-for-a-live-action-return-to-the-big-screen#4S3bpQtBZrkdzeM0.99

Comments

• rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yay cant wait
  • dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    yay cant wait

JDF maybe making a cameo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yer that wouldbe good, i have him on my FB so follow him quite a bit. hope they have zordon in the film
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yer that wouldbe good, i have him on my FB so follow him quite a bit. hope they have zordon in the film

I follow him and JYB ,Steve Cardanas,blake foster, austin st john,amy jo johnson And others
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dragonzord wrote: »
    I follow him and JYB ,Steve Cardanas,blake foster, austin st john,amy jo johnson And others

Thats good :)

What would you like to see in this new film?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats good :)

What would you like to see in this new film?

definitely cameo of original rangers apart from trini sadly:cry:
    make a bit darker, rita,bulk and skull,
    What would you like.
  • RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a huge fan of the the series when I was a kid from MMPR to In Space, I can't wait. To see the suits and zords on a budget of probably around 150 mil will probably blow my mind inner 5 year old self mind.

I posted my casting choices on another forum so might as well do it here to -

Jason: Aaron Taylor Johnson (probably wont do it after Godzilla and AoU) Although might better suited to Tommy.
    Trini: Chloe Bennet
    Billy: Robert Sheehan
    Kimberly: Maybe Chloe Moretz
    Zack: John Boyega
    Rita: Cate Blanchett
    Goldar: Andy Serkis (Performance capture)
    Zordon: John Hurt
    Zedd: Benedict Cumberbatch (Performance capture)

It would be great if they could get Weta to do the monster/creature/alien and Ranger suit designs and get ILM to do the Zord and the city destruction parts.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any chance Tenaya 7 will be in it ???
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    As a huge fan of the the series when I was a kid from MMPR to In Space, I can't wait. To see the suits and zords on a budget of probably around 150 mil will probably blow my mind inner 5 year old self mind.

I posted my casting choices on another forum so might as well do it here to -

Jason: Aaron Taylor Johnson (probably wont do it after Godzilla and AoU) Although might better suited to Tommy.
    Trini: Chloe Bennet
    Billy: Robert Sheehan
    Kimberly: Maybe Chloe Moretz
    Zack: John Boyega
    Rita: Cate Blanchett
    Goldar: Andy Serkis (Performance capture)
    Zedd: Benedict Cumberbatch (Performance capture)

It would be great if they could get Weta to do the monster/creature/alien and Ranger suit designs and get ILM to do the Zord and the city destruction parts.
    I always thought that Taylor Lautner could play Jason.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the sound of them having superpowers though.

Definitely not Chloe Moretz for Kimberley though. I'll have a think who might be good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This could be either a fabulous nostalgia trip or something that will make me embarrassed I was ever a fan. I loved the MMPR when I was a kid so it would be great fun if the new film actually turned out to be watchable.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ivan Ooze. My goodness that takes me back a few years.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the original film when I was little, as I did the TV series. Just looked - can't believe I was only 5 when the film came out?! I don't remember being that young when it did.
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    This could be either a fabulous nostalgia trip or something that will make me embarrassed I was ever a fan. I loved the MMPR when I was a kid so it would be great fun if the new film actually turned out to be watchable.

Power Rangers sucked. Too cheesy to watch a full episode/movie even for nostalgia. However i have to admit the green ranger was pretty cool and i will listen to his theme tune on youtube and watch highlights of him kicking ass for nostalgia purposes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Power Rangers sucked. Too cheesy to watch a full episode/movie even for nostalgia. However i have to admit the green ranger was pretty cool and i will listen to his theme tune on youtube and watch highlights of him kicking ass for nostalgia purposes.

Eh, through adult eyes it's rubbish but I can still enjoy it for the cheese factor.

I always wanted to be the Pink ranger. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    Eh, through adult eyes it's rubbish but I can still enjoy it for the cheese factor.

I always wanted to be the Pink ranger. :blush:

You may have wanted to be the pink ranger I wanted to have the pink ranger:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He is exactly the person I first thought off to play Zordon. He would be immense. A part of me is hoping he isn't going to be the big floating head that he was in the TV show but instead a wise warrior who does Battle with Rita while the Rangers do battle with a Giant Goldar in the Megazord. That would be awesome I think.

I so cannot wait for this. I've been anticipating it for years, I just knew this would get done.

I expect 5 complete nobodies to be cast as the Rangers. It would be good to get the old original team cameos in the movies as current Rangers parents (minus Trini of course for obvious reasons) maybe.

It'll be interesting to see who they'll get as Rita. Someone like Kate Winslet or Cate Blanchett would be my choice. They could really capture the look and the wickedness of her that was displayed on the TV show.

I would change Goldar to from being the monkey to being a big muscled warrior painted gold with gold armour to finish the look off.

Whatever they do and whoever they cast it's gonna be amazing. It's like being 5 again. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is exactly the person I first thought off to play Zordon. He would be immense. A part of me is hoping he isn't going to be the big floating head that he was in the TV show but instead a wise warrior who does Battle with Rita while the Rangers do battle with a Giant Goldar in the Megazord. That would be awesome I think.

I so cannot wait for this. I've been anticipating it for years, I just knew this would get done.

I expect 5 complete nobodies to be cast as the Rangers. It would be good to get the old original team cameos in the movies as current Rangers parents (minus Trini of course for obvious reasons) maybe.

It'll be interesting to see who they'll get as Rita. Someone like Kate Winslet or Cate Blanchett would be my choice. They could really capture the look and the wickedness of her that was displayed on the TV show.

I would change Goldar to from being the monkey to being a big muscled warrior painted gold with gold armour to finish the look off.

Whatever they do and whoever they cast it's gonna be amazing. It's like being 5 again. :D

Patrick Stewart would be good as Zordon
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    dragonzord wrote: »
    Patrick Stewart would be good as Zordon

Good shout. I like the idea of Zordon as a human Obi-Wan type and not just a floating head.
    Aron Taylor Johnson would be better as Billy than Jason (IMO).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what about alpha 5 will he be in it?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Alpha 5 was the Scrappy Doo/Jar Jar Binks of PR. Aye-aye-aye! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I was a fan of the original show when I was a child so I would be very interested in seeing a new Mighty Morphin'
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Yay new Power Rangers movie the show that dominated my whole childhood since the first episode is releasing a new movie. Its probably more likely to be a reboot so hopefully it dosent go the same way as TMNT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JDF is guest staring in Super Megaforce as both Green and White Ranger later in year in the US,it be early next year in the UK.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Grown adults taking this seriously?

Jesus wept. No wonder too much of the mainstream is in such an infantilised state.