Options

The Twilight Zone: Why is it never shown in Britain?

2»

Comments

• Options
    snukrsnukr Posts: 19,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Twilight Zone is currently being shown in the UK on The Horror Channel, there's an episode today at 17.20. It will be shown on CBS Action from 26th Dec.

I don't know if those channels are on Freeview, but they are on Freesat and Sky.

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/titlesearch.asp?title=The+Twilight+Zone
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    The Twilight Zone is currently being shown in the UK on The Horror Channel, there's an episode today at 17.20. It will be shown on CBS Action from 26th Dec.

I don't know if those channels are on Freeview, but they are on Freesat and Sky.

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/titlesearch.asp?title=The+Twilight+Zone
    Thats the updated Twilight Zone from the 80's.
  • Options
    snukrsnukr Posts: 19,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Thats the updated Twilight Zone from the 80's.

Bonanza Bonanza shows old black and white American TV shows such as The Beverly Hillbillies and Dragnet, there's a possibility it could appear on there, but it's difficult to find a schedule and the EPG on my Freesat box for it is blank.
  • Options
    wolfukwolfuk Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    You know, you may be right. BBC2 and Channel 4 always used to show B&W movies, now not so much. Same applies to classic cartoons ie Droopy, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny etc why are they obsolete on TV now?? And don't tell me they are on DVD, I am talking about what is shown on British terrestrial TV!

Boomerrang, Dinsney and Cartoon Channel are showing Classic Flintstones, Scooby, Tom and Jerry, Micky Mouse and Looney toons - Also ALL NEW T&J, Looney and stui
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It truly was an excellent show (the original B&W I don't care so much for the revivals). It wasn't faultless though as there were many filler episodes, and ones where you could see the twist ending coming from a mile away, but often too there were some truly excellent episodes that were chilling, smart, and represented very pressing social issues about 60s America. I think Rod Serling was a genius, so many well crafted stories he carved into a 25 minute episode.

I'd definitely recommend the Blu-Rays that came out a few years ago, I have the first 4 series. Not only do they feature a pristine High Def Digital Remastering of the show, theres also a lot of extras from notes, commentarys, interviews and soundtracks each of the episode. They give a good insight into the making of the series, as Serling was constantly fighting the network and censors in regards to the message he could get.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=twilight%20zone%20blu%20ray&sprefix=twilight+zone+%2Caps

The only downside though is for some reason the prices of these sets fluctuate wildly, it seems high at the moment (circa £18, I think I got mine for about £13 each)