Amazing Race Canada Season 3

breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Season 3 of The Amazing Race Canada starts Wednesday 8th of July.
I'm looking forward to it, especially since TAROZ is once again on hiatus, perhaps even scrapped.
Who's going to watch?

Comments

• ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it still only just going around Canada?
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it still only just going around Canada?

No, they will visit other countries, just like in season 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Just watched the first episode and loved it! Couldn't stop laughing through some of it.
    Cynthia trying to cross the log yet falling every time <3:D
    Susan not realising her script was on another monitor, so sitting there in silence <3
    Gino and Jessie seeming like decent alpha males <3
    Nic and Sabrina being absolutely hilarious <3 "We just started and I'm already out of breath." "Yeah, you're not in the greatest shape." hahahahahaha
    Thought Brent and Sean were quite rude to the taxi driver. Have a feeling they are going to get annoying.
    Overall a good start to the new season. From the preview for next week, it looks like Dujean and Leilani could be the bickering couple this year. Should be fun!
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Australian shows really seem to mishandle things to an even more catastrophic degree than elsewhere, they aren't even sure when things come back (as in The Amazing Race and Big Brother). They messed around with the schedules when they were on as well.

Anyway with this Canadian show the start was ok. No self driving though? I hope that picks up as it goes on. The 'make Canada proud' bit in the intro I found a bit cringey.

The street challenge with the word puzzle looked interesting but it seemed flawed. As the teams were close together they just had to see where a team got the next clue to see where the answer would be.

'I can't swim' 'I can't swim' Moments later he swims. Eh? It's obvious that with a task like that they would only have people on the race with some swimming skills. I guess they had to hype the drama.

I liked the newsreading task. The failure of the former broadcaster reminded me of those hockey players in the ice rink.

The last advert break was terribly placed just as the episode was meant to be building suspense up to the final race to the mat. Not that the result was any surprise, the split screen of one team on the stairs at the final challenge and the other at the same place was hardly convincing except to inexperienced viewers.
  • Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Not liking the racers much this year, got really bored with the long introduction to the teams and only found a couple of them mildly interesting.

It's good they are going abroad, staying in one country is boring, however nice the country may be. Part of the fun with watching The Amazing Race is the chance to see another country in a different way, and the interaction with people of a different culture and the hazard of not being able to speak the local language are all part of what makes it interesting.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they brought back the second express pass (the unearned one) AGAIN. I wish the earning of the express pass would have been more like a fastforward task that teams could compete against each other on, rather than just turning up first somewhere.

The tasks seemed ok, except the gliding one where I wish there had been some choice, like back in the classic US version where people could walk or fly down. This was probably too high for that, but maybe a slower alternative could have created more of an interesting dilemma.

Taxis are having probably too much of an effect in this race, please get us some self-driving eventually.

The ones who just survived are probably boring meatheads, but we can hope I suppose.