Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NYC trip is great for TV but looks so emotionally draining, I can see how Dorinda is at her wits end. The fight between her and Heather looked weirdly edited, it certainly seems production weren't expecting it.

As for Sonja I agree with her, they need to get out of her business, the way they discuss her life is judgmental, they aren't trying to help. Bethanny and Heather friendliness doesn't do it for me, just because I find Heather so constantly insincere.

Luann's anger at Carole over the boyfriend is clear jealousy, she was frothing at the mouth for the hot dude on the Club Med yacht.

Must say one of the best Housewives trips in a long time for me :)
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NYC trip is great for TV but looks so emotionally draining, I can see how Dorinda is at her wits end. The fight between her and Heather looked weirdly edited, it certainly seems production weren't expecting it.

As for Sonja I agree with her, they need to get out of her business, the way they discuss her life is judgmental, they aren't trying to help. Bethanny and Heather friendliness doesn't do it for me, just because I find Heather so constantly insincere.

Luann's anger at Carole over the boyfriend is clear jealousy, she was frothing at the mouth for the hot dude on the Club Med yacht.

Must say one of the best Housewives trips in a long time for me :)

Me too! I am loving this trip! They're all going mad which makes great television! Still loving Dorinda, hating Heather and wondering y Kristen is there. With brandi off BH now, Kristen is definitely a gonna! Ramona and Sonja are being their usual insane selves which is why I love them so much... Do agree also that they need to lay off Sonja, but good for her on speaking out

Loving LuAnn this season but want to see more of her...

OC - I just adore this franchise. I have no idea why but it always has been my fav. This week I thought showed Shannon a bit better and I'm really starting to think that Meghan is not very nice... Like a younger Tamra all over again!! I loved how everyone ditched her party for drinks with Vicki and Shannon :p I like seeing Lizzie popping back and forth too.

Next week will be really sad though with vicki's terrible news :(
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nene leaving could be the shot in the arm the show needs.

However I will say as unbearable as I found her filming scenes, I do think her talking heads were without a doubt the most entertaining thing about last season.

There does now loom the threat that the show will refocus more around Kandi who really needs to get back to being a secondary cast member again. She was cool when she was the level headed music producer who helped Kim out. Now she just comes across as a selfish and passive aggressive wife and daughter.

The show really needs to find itself a Shannon... a fresh face who can come in with a compelling presence and storyline that can take centre stage... and who isn't some washed up has been celebrity.
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This RHONY trip is amazing. Sonja was brilliant in the last episode. I find Heather annoyingly brilliant. I love to watch her wind the other women up. Dorinda overreacted in that episode but I still like her. I find it odd that everyone digs Kristen for not being relevant or interesting but she's brought more than Carole this season. They are both extras though.

I'm half expecting Jill Zarin to barge in screeching "Hiiiiiiiiii". Would you not just die? All the footage from the trailer has been used so it may happen. Lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This RHONY trip is amazing. Sonja was brilliant in the last episode. I find Heather annoyingly brilliant. I love to watch her wind the other women up. Dorinda overreacted in that episode but I still like her. I find it odd that everyone digs Kristen for not being relevant or interesting but she's brought more than Carole this season. They are both extras though.

I'm half expecting Jill Zarin to barge in screeching "Hiiiiiiiiii". Would you not just die? All the footage from the trailer has been used so it may happen. Lol.

Omg that would be CLASSIC housewives! :D I'm rewatching season 5 ATM and I'm at the st barths trip... Sonja and Ramona don't change! Love them.
  • Options
    chellehighnesschellehighness Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the trip too. The cheek of Ramona to be accusing Sonja of being an alcoholic does make me laugh. I like how she back pedalled when confronting Sonja.

I agree about the editing with Dorinda and Heather, it was so weird. I love Dorinda.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, everyone is returning to ATL except NeNe and Claudia, and worst of all, Porsha is back as a main cast member. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geez why on earth would they think anyone gives a hoot about Porsha. I mean honestly aside from being a moron what does she bring to the table, maybe her personal life will be more exciting but I somehow doubt that.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geez why on earth would they think anyone gives a hoot about Porsha. I mean honestly aside from being a moron what does she bring to the table, maybe her personal life will be more exciting but I somehow doubt that.
    To be honest I thought Porsha and Claudia were the only two who brought anything to the group activities and like I said before acted like they weren't just there for the cheque. They had rows, they partied, they threw shade... they were fun!

And lets face it now Nene has gone, Porsha is the only housewife who does have a few jobs that she can be filmed doing. Which was supposed to be her storyline last season before it was all cut as punishment for not showing her boyfriend or as punishment for the reunion and to stop Kenya taking things further (whichever you believe). Remember when Kandi actually had projects to invest in as opposed to just crying on cue when her husband or mother complained about the other?

She also makes Cynthia vaguely interesting.

Isn't the latest rumour that it's Phaedra and Kenya that are filming but are being tested by producers because they are worried there's no storylines to be had. I assume Kenya doesn't have the money to fund another pretend job?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had the desire others have to see them at "work", I'm happy with just their personal lives and getting ratchet at parties. Like Porsha dating and stuff might be cool but her random Dish Nation gig doesn't interest me.

I've always liked Kandi just because she never fell down to fawn over how amazing Nene was, even at the reunion she didn't buy that lame crying Nene went on with like the rest of them who were lapping it up.

But if they demote or get rid of Kenya I dunno what I'll do. I don't even care if it isn't "real" her shtick is entertaining.
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    To be honest I thought Porsha and Claudia were the only two who brought anything to the group activities and like I said before acted like they weren't just there for the cheque. They had rows, they partied, they threw shade... they were fun!

And lets face it now Nene has gone, Porsha is the only housewife who does have a few jobs that she can be filmed doing. Which was supposed to be her storyline last season before it was all cut as punishment for not showing her boyfriend or as punishment for the reunion and to stop Kenya taking things further (whichever you believe). Remember when Kandi actually had projects to invest in as opposed to just crying on cue when her husband or mother complained about the other?

She also makes Cynthia vaguely interesting.

Isn't the latest rumour that it's Phaedra and Kenya that are filming but are being tested by producers because they are worried there's no storylines to be had. I assume Kenya doesn't have the money to fund another pretend job?

Suspect Kenya asked for more money so they are thinking twice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rumours I'm hearing is that this season will be focused more on personal and family lives hence why they're testing so many new "families" as opposed to single ladies. Kenya has already signed a new contract with this season seeing her trying to reconcile with her mother.

Porshas jobs are just like the rest of the ladies, they all do promo appearances, Porsha's contract with Dish Nation ends this year. I genuinely dont think she has a storyline whatsoever, she also has moved back in with her mum and doesn't want to reveal who she is dating (thats the reason she was demoted to friend of housewife last season) I would be VERY surprised if she returned. She also wasn't invited to the Bravo upfronts and thats always an indicator on who is returning. Even some of the Miami HW ladies were there this year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Kim and Brandi gone next season I wonder what direction Kyle is going to take?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rumours I'm hearing is that this season will be focused more on personal and family lives hence why they're testing so many new "families" as opposed to single ladies. Kenya has already signed a new contract with this season seeing her trying to reconcile with her mother.

Porshas jobs are just like the rest of the ladies, they all do promo appearances, Porsha's contract with Dish Nation ends this year. I genuinely dont think she has a storyline whatsoever, she also has moved back in with her mum and doesn't want to reveal who she is dating (thats the reason she was demoted to friend of housewife last season) I would be VERY surprised if she returned. She also wasn't invited to the Bravo upfronts and thats always an indicator on who is returning. Even some of the Miami HW ladies were there this year

Of course she didn't cause he's married. :D It was so obvious given her reluctance to reveal even the most minor of details.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be disappointed if most of the ATL cast return. With NeNe going, I thought this season could be the start of something completely fresh and new, and last season was so awful that the show needs a complete new cast (except Kandi and Kenya).
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Kim and Brandi gone next season I wonder what direction Kyle is going to take?

I'm fairly confident that she will still use Kim as a storyline. Just Kim wont be there to have her side shown. Mind you, no one (Kim, Andy, Bravo or Evolution) has even confirmed that Kim is leaving. LisaV only said she was in rehab so who knows what's coming. It doesn't make sense to just drop her considering the whole of last season revolved around her. Every scene was about her, even when she wasn't there. Although, it wouldn't surprise if she decided not to come back herself, she seemed pretty over it all at the reunion.
    Blokeypoo wrote: »

Why? I never thought she should have left after season 3, and have wanted her back since, but what's the point now? If the rumours are true that Brandi & Kim are gone then it doesn't make sense for Taylor to come back as they were the ones she had friction with.

Atlanta? What a snooze if they're bringing Porsha and Phaedra back. Phaedra sucks the life out of the show and Porsha is just ridiculous. I'd much rather see her as a friend if she must come back.

I liked the idea of going along with Kandi, Kenya & Cynthia. Kandi will hopefully move away from the Mama Joyce and Todd stuff and bring in a fresh storyline. She usually comes up with the goods. Kenya's shade is one of the main reasons I watch Atlanta. I'm hoping she can find a natural interesting storyline. If it's true hers will be reconnecting with her Mother then it sounds promising. I'm hoping Cynthia finds the right balance of old and new Cynthia for next season. Cynthia's storyline is actually portraying real life issues so I don't mind it. Even if it does involve Peter. I would like to see her modelling more and her daughter more - I still think she should ditch Peter and get back with Noelle's father. I'd bring back Sheree full time and Marlo part time.

FT - Kandi, Kenya, Cynthia, Sheree, Kim Fields, New Housewife
    PT - Marlo, New FOT, Porsha. I'd like to see a few guest appearances from KimZ if Sheree came back.

OC was a hard hitting episode this week. That was powerful stuff. This season has been quite good so far. I still think they should have gone with adding a 6th housewife. Katie Hamilton seemed really good, shame she quit. They should have brought in Jeana full time. I wanted Lizzie gone at the end of last season but I actually miss her. I hope the drama starts to pick up though.

RHONY reunion was today or tomorrow. I don't think there's enough couch ends for all the irrelevant housewives though. :D It's hard to guess where everyone sits because everyone is irrelevant or fighting.
    I would probably sit them:
    Carole - Dorinda - Sonja - Bethenny - Andy - Ramona - Heather - Luann - Kristen. Although, Sonja deserves to be next to Andy. I don't think Ramona does because she hasn't brought much this season in terms of drama. Has anyone else noticed that RHONY started to go wrong when they switched the formula? Originally, they had women in similar social circles attending the same events and planning events (charity events, fashion shows, working together) together which lead to natural disputes while they focused on their lives. The new formula is throwing a bunch of women together, plying them with alcohol, and trying to induce altercations while minimizing the focus on their personal lives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In bits after watching OC this week. I really felt for Vicki and I was welling up watching them all cry. This really was REAL and it was the first time Iv ever cried at RH when not laughing. Love her or hate her, Vicki really has given her all to OC over 10 seasons and deserves to still be there.
    On another note, Shannon is resurging again now and Meghan is looking more and more of a prat. Loving this season!!

I think BH should go with LisaV, LisaR, Eileen, Kyle, Adrienne and 2 brand new HWs who will bring it (or even ditch Kyle, not that fussed). It needs fresh blood at this stage with all the exits. Taylor has nowhere else to go storyline wise surely!

Can't wait for NYC this week! I'm loving the fall outs and this trip! Can't wait to see LuAnn's 'don't be all uncool' speech lol!! For season 8 (praying that there'll be one) I'd axe a good 3 or 4 of them though!! I hope Sonja really gives the others hell at the reunion!

Atlanta - never really watched it, tried getting into last season but I couldn't. Which seasons were the best?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NYC

I hate that drunk Luann and Dorinda made me agree with Heather (who I normally cannot stand) but honestly the stuff these women get up to and then get all prudish about the F-word is very hypocritical. Luann turns the Countess act on when it suits her. Sonja's bemused look at dinner when they were all arguing over the f-word was hilarious.

Also I find swearing more socially accepted in Europe despite Luann's accusation that you can't do it hear, or that could just me being Irish where we say it every second word and nobody cares hahaha

Kristen is very surplus to requirements, she's like the Demetria of this cast :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nebworth90 wrote: »
    In bits after watching OC this week. I really felt for Vicki and I was welling up watching them all cry. This really was REAL and it was the first time Iv ever cried at RH when not laughing. Love her or hate her, Vicki really has given her all to OC over 10 seasons and deserves to still be there.
    On another note, Shannon is resurging again now and Meghan is looking more and more of a prat. Loving this season!!

I think BH should go with LisaV, LisaR, Eileen, Kyle, Adrienne and 2 brand new HWs who will bring it (or even ditch Kyle, not that fussed). It needs fresh blood at this stage with all the exits. Taylor has nowhere else to go storyline wise surely!

Can't wait for NYC this week! I'm loving the fall outs and this trip! Can't wait to see LuAnn's 'don't be all uncool' speech lol!! For season 8 (praying that there'll be one) I'd axe a good 3 or 4 of them though!! I hope Sonja really gives the others hell at the reunion!

Atlanta - never really watched it, tried getting into last season but I couldn't. Which seasons were the best?

BIB - Seasons 2 - 6 the last season, season 7 was a SNOOZEFEST
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the rumours that Kandi is pregnant amping up I hope her SL will be centred around the arrival of a Baby Tucker. I dont understand why they never focused on her fertility issues last season, apparently Kandi and Todd have been doing IVF for the last 13 months. The ATL producers seem to be so stale by thinking recycling storylines from past seasons (Kenya/Phaedra/Apollo) (Nene/Peter/Bitch) (Kandi, Mama Joyce and Todd) I really do hope that they stop filming with Kandi's family and more about her immediate family and home life. She's back producing and in the studio so thats a good sign that they are focusing elsewhere this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like no next season for Claudia, she's just released a statement saying she's leaving Atlanta and moving back up north. I liked Claudia but this does make sense if it means theyre moving along with a more "family orientated" RHOA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder where she'll go from here. Try and get into radio up North maybe?