The One Show

Comments

• SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know he's playing a rock star in his new movie, but why has he morphed into Keith Richards?

And it didn't look like he gave 2 hoots about meeting the real bloke that he was playing.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will never understand the appeal of Elvis Costello :D
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Alex nearly showing all her bits up her skirt again tonight.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see The One Show on Friday? Stephen Merchant was on. I didn't see it when it aired but watched it via iPlayer. I only watch when they have some decent guests on and it didn't disappoint. It was a hoot! :D Some great banter and good laughs between Stephen and Patrick Kielty and Alex.

Had no idea Stephen is the co-creator and Executive Producer of the Lip Sync Battle phenoma that's currently taking over the States right now and is being shown over here on Spike UK. Wow, he must rolling it in!

Watching Patrick dress up as Dolly Parton and lip sync sing 9-5 was hilarious. Alex was lip syncing to Bonnie Tyler and looked hot!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Did anyone see The One Show on Friday? Stephen Merchant was on. I didn't see it when it aired but watched it via iPlayer. I only watch when they have some decent guests on and it didn't disappoint. It was a hoot! :D Some great banter and good laughs between Stephen and Patrick Kielty and Alex.

Had no idea Stephen is the co-creator and Executive Producer of the Lip Sync Battle phenoma that's currently taking over the States right now and is being shown over here on Spike UK. Wow, he must rolling it in!

Watching Patrick dress up as Dolly Parton and lip sync sing 9-5 was hilarious. Alex was lip syncing to Bonnie Tyler and looked hot!

It really is strange how different we all are and how we find different things funny or not funny as I found this absolutely excruciating. I felt terribly embarrassed for all concerned.
    Oh well if we were all the same the world would be a boring place so they tell me.
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A formal "Dear Sir" letter to a charity, (or anybody else, come to that), telling them to bog off should end "Yours Faithfully" rather than "Yours Very Sincerely"
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Patrick Kielty is a much better host than Matt Baker that's for sure.

Matt Baker is such a nice but dim children's host. He seems to do everything by the book and his vanilla dress sense mirrors his personality. A dozy farmer is all he is really.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I will never understand the appeal of Elvis Costello :D
    That was the worst performance I've ever seen by anybody on television ever. :D Admittedly, I've never watched Britain's Got Talent, but I can't imagine they've ever had worse singing than that on there.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Patrick Kielty is a much better host than Matt Baker that's for sure.

Matt Baker is such a nice but dim children's host. He seems to do everything by the book and his vanilla dress sense mirrors his personality. A dozy farmer is all he is really.

I really like Matt but do agree. He is very BBC :(
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I really like Matt but do agree. He is very BBC :(

Kielty is too unpredictable and full of himself. He is inclined to 'go off on one' and thinks it is OK because of who he is.

On a live programme like The One Show they need someone who can be trusted.
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 126,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord Hazelwood is on tonights show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollywood actor and legend Michael Douglas and star of Marvel's Ant-Man will be live on the show tonight.

Marvel are in town for the premiere and promo duties so expect Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lily to possibly appear on later dates.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish Alex Jones would shut the Hell up about being Welsh. Every time I watch The One Show.. Matt doesn't wine in about being English does he
  • joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    Wish Alex Jones would shut the Hell up.

Even better.
    Its time for a change, maybe rest Alex for a few weeks over the summer.
    Its a lot to expect of any presenter that they will be on so much.
    I've noticed over recent weeks Alex seems to be going W1A, excessive nodding, chipping in, facial twitches, she just doesn't seem to be as relaxed.
    She also seems to be less worried about sounding " Welsh ", to be honest her natural accent is quite grating to me and I liked her better when she reined it in more.
    A rest would do her, and me, good.
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex is lovely and has a gorgeous accent.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even better.
    Its time for a change, maybe rest Alex for a few weeks over the summer.
    Its a lot to expect of any presenter that they will be on so much.
    I've noticed over recent weeks Alex seems to be going W1A, excessive nodding, chipping in, facial twitches, she just doesn't seem to be as relaxed.
    She also seems to be less worried about sounding " Welsh ", to be honest her natural accent is quite grating to me and I liked her better when she reined it in more.
    A rest would do her, and me, good.

Isn't she getting married soon, that should give us all a break ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    Wish Alex Jones would shut the Hell up about being Welsh. Every time I watch The One Show.. Matt doesn't wine in about being English does he

Graham Norton never mentions being Irish I presume, Matt Baker does tend to mention his home when there is a reference to North East.

They were interviewing the husband of one of the most famous Welsh celebrities so hardly surprising she mentioned it.

She is understandably proud of being Welsh, obviously leads to a slight inferiority complex from some people who are not so lucky.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex is lovely and has a gorgeous accent.

Agree,

And I can't stand these very cheap digs at her.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After about two minutes I began to wonder why they didn't just junk the rest of the show and spend the time interviewing Michael Douglas but that seems to be beyond the initiative of whoever actually produces the show.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    After about two minutes I began to wonder why they didn't just junk the rest of the show and spend the time interviewing Michael Douglas but that seems to be beyond the initiative of whoever actually produces the show.

Everyone who goes on the show knows the format, they agree to it, they get to plug their book/ film, / song.

As his wife is Welsh he would know the format, it is not a chat show.

It gets its high ratings due the the interesting films as well as chat, and there were as usual a number of links. He certainly enjoyed it you could see that.

The show is the show is the show there not going to change it.

He could have chosen to go on the Graham Norton show if he wants a chat show.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise that all Welsh people knew the format of The One Show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    He could have chosen to go on the Graham Norton show if he wants a chat show.

The current series has finished.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I didn't realise that all Welsh people knew the format of The One Show.

I believe they made it compulsory on the school curriculum at the same time as the Welsh language.
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,464
    Forum Member
    I believe they made it compulsory on the school curriculum at the same time as the Welsh language.

Indeed, there's been a hole in the Northern Ireland curriculum for several years now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

As has been written, he would either know the programme or his advisers briefed him. He might not have wanted to do a thirty minute interview, he will be doing many of those whilst promoting the film. He did not seem uncomfortable with the format and even film stars have interests outside the film industry.