Options

Joanna - I don't like her.

The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why do people rate her, she's an aggressive bully. Her treatment of Jamie last night was despicable and Nick, an eyewitness, should have brought that up.

The way she lambasted him and humiliated him was atrocious and then accusing HIM of being aggresive when he finally snapped. I detest people like her and I hope deeply that she does not win this show. She hasn't contributed as much as people think and leeches onto other more talented candidates and eats at their glory as if it were her own

Liz was 50 times the candidate Joanna is, there's just no justice that Jo is still in, and smugging it back at the house afterwards with her assertion that its time for Stuart to go - no it's time for YOU to go.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like her either.

We've all met people like her in the workplace - not very bright but get by by shouting longer and louder than everyone else.
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Watch out, someone will be along to imply that you're racist soon. "Would you be reacting this way if she was WHITE!?" they'll say. (Then ignore that the answer is "of course I would be.")
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as my previous two faves were Tre and Raef, that argument would be done and dusted in seconds. I did hate Syed tho - whoops

I better not do a Louis Walsh and dare SUGGEST that Joanna looks like someone who is also black, LOL.
  • Options
    00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she has a very good chance to win now. Liz being fired has opened up a slot for her imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked her but I actually finally understood why people didn't like her yesterday. It wasn't so much the nagging as the way she turned it around on Jamie and pulled out 'I'm the poor helpless woman' card, not nice even if it can be explained by the high pressure of the situation.

However I still think she is by far the best candidate even if she has gone down slightly in my estimations. I fully disagree that she leeches on other candidates as she's the most proactive candidate there (if anything that's her problem, she's so proactive that she bulldozes her way through at times when she has an idea). And I certainly don't think Liz was better than her even if she might be a nicer person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did she humiliate him? She nagged him, true, but humiliate?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humiliated him in front of Nick, and in public, by ordering him around, shouting at him and then accusing him of being aggressive...this was then beamed to millions of homes accross the nation.

I thought it was humiliating myself.

She is not 'by far' the best candidate. That comment has no basis at all. Replace 'best' with 'worst' and your nearer the mark.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she delegates something then she should let them get on with it and not badger constantly and cover her own arse in case of failure.

She felt threatened - by Jamie? Pffft!

She's the kind of employee that makes work hell.
  • Options
    Tom MillerTom Miller Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the "will you calm down? you seem mad" comment she made after riling him up was a wonderful example of moving the 'art' of trolling into the realm of real life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Jamie, you're scaring me'

Oh, I just wanted Nick to really shut her up at that point, he should step in sometimes!
  • Options
    Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is horrendous. Lets be honest if it were you who had to employ her and work with her nearby everyday you'd run a million miles.
  • Options
    Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The confrontation with Chris and Stuart was "aggressive". Joanna was being more irritating and annoying than anything else. I like Joanna, but I didn't like the way she was nagging or the "I'm threatened as a woman" rubbish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is not 'by far' the best candidate. That comment has no basis at all. Replace 'best' with 'worst' and your nearer the mark.

Um other than the fact she has the best record out of all the candidates left. 7 wins with 2 as PM and only once brought back to the boardroom is pretty impressive. You don't have to agree with me (hence why I wrote 'I think' instead of saying it was an objective fact) but I certainly wasn't making the comment without basis :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stella has won more than anyone else.
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Stella has won more than anyone else.

Joanna & Stella have 7 wins each. Both have been winning PM twice. Both been on the losing team 3 times with Stella being called back into the boardroom twice* and Joanna once.

*Of which one was in task #10 (last night) when there were only three in each team and so by default was in the boardroom as her team lost.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Jamie should have really seen that coming from Joanna. What he failed to realise was that as much as she was annoying him, clearly he was getting under her skin also, so he should have played on that (i.e. when she said things like "that's not what I want to hear, what I want to here is "x, y, z", then Jamie should just reply "x, y, z"!). To be fair to him, I think he did do that to begin with, but then let his own frustrations at her "constant nagging" (which is all it was really) get to him, and he snapped. The upper hand he may have had over her was lost for him at that point.

(On a different note, it was funny watching the snippets of next weeks episode, where Joanna is interviewed. I actually ended up feeling quite sorry for her, even if she only really has herself to blame for being made to look stupid.)
  • Options
    Forum Member

(On a different note, it was funny watching the snippets of next weeks episode, where Joanna is interviewed. I actually ended up feeling quite sorry for her, even if she only really has herself to blame for being made to look stupid.)

Oh dear. Am assuming you mean the mini clip on the Apprentice site? Not done her homework. Basic stuff really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Goodwin wrote: »
    Oh dear. Am assuming you mean the mini clip on the Apprentice site? Not done her homework. Basic stuff really.

Yeah - that's the one. Now that was a "sinking feeling" moment.
  • Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she delegates something then she should let them get on with it and not badger constantly and cover her own arse in case of failure.

She felt threatened - by Jamie? Pffft!

She's the kind of employee that makes work hell.

I agree - going off her now.
    Tom Miller wrote: »
    I thought the "will you calm down? you seem mad" comment she made after riling him up was a wonderful example of moving the 'art' of trolling into the realm of real life.

OMG I wanted to swing at her myself - I know people like that and it's just so bloody annoying.
    'Jamie, you're scaring me'

Oh, I just wanted Nick to really shut her up at that point, he should step in sometimes!

Yes this bit really angered me - LOL - HER - scared of Jamie - she was obviously doing that for effect and it was very annoying.
    Eve3275 wrote: »
    The confrontation with Chris and Stuart was "aggressive". Joanna was being more irritating and annoying than anything else. I like Joanna, but I didn't like the way she was nagging or the "I'm threatened as a woman" rubbish.

I agree with this. The first confrontation with Jamie and Joanna - wasn't really aggressive - though she tried to imply it was by saying she felt 'intimidated'.

The second confrontation was much more aggressive IMO. I do think that Stuart started that and tried to make more of it than it was.

Good for Chris in the boardroom and his 'handbags at dawn' comment - really liked that.
  • Options
    LysandarLysandar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really is an awful person, mouthy, bullying and out of her depth. She should really remain what she is - a cleaner.
    And her constant whingeing - out next week, thank goodness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah - that's the one. Now that was a "sinking feeling" moment.

Indeed. Fail to prepare and all that. Though there are worse things to fall down on in the scheme of things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodwin wrote: »
    Joanna & Stella have 7 wins each. Both have been winning PM twice. Both been on the losing team 3 times with Stella being called back into the boardroom twice* and Joanna once.

*Of which one was in task #10 (last night) when there were only three in each team and so by default was in the boardroom as her team lost.

I just beleive that she's been lucky. It is possible to be lucky. She's worked alongside the better candidates more often than not
  • Options
    fruit_cakefruit_cake Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I agree I don't like her, she talks to everyone in either a very aggressive, or a very patronising way depending on how stupid she thinks they are
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just beleive that she's been lucky. It is possible to be lucky. She's worked alongside the better candidates more often than not

I agree a candidate can be on the winning team quite a few times and not contribute much, therefore avoiding the BR. Slipping under the radar if you like. I do think though that she been one of the better candidates and been prepared to get her hands dirty so to speak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By being rude and annoying people?