EE: Feel A Little Sorry For Janine

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,795
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know she is crazy but it's clear the woman has some messed up abandoment issues.

Her biggest fear was Ryan leaving her, she even broke down on her wedding day and said that fear out loud which is a very big deal for a character like hers and he goes and does the one thing she feared the most and leaves her.

Yes she is bad and poisoned him, snatched Lilly and other crazy stuff but I do feel bad for her character that she feels she needs to do these extreme things to make sure people stay with her,

Interesting character

Comments

• RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually 'love to hate' Janine, but this year, I'm genuinely rooting for her because I feel sorry for her. Stacey proved she doesn't love Ryan last night - so why did she destroy Janine's marriage over it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do feel sorry for her too.

Everything she's done the last few weeks has shown how desperate she is to be loved & not alone.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Janine genuinely loved Ryan, you could see it from the first moment she let her guard down. Now another person has walked out of her life, it's something that has tipped her over the edge. Next few months will be interesting I reckon. She's saving the show too, love Charlie and her character :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :O am you mad ? does janine feel sorry for anyone shes hurt in the past ? NO !!

lmao
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she hadn't stabbed herself and tried to frame Stacey for it I might have been sorry for her. I agree Stacey was mean to use Ryan like that when she didn't love him but I think Ryan still deserves better than Janine.
  • Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    I usually 'love to hate' Janine, but this year, I'm genuinely rooting for her because I feel sorry for her. Stacey proved she doesn't love Ryan last night - so why did she destroy Janine's marriage over it?
    Ryan and Janine breaking up is more to do with Ryan than Stacey. Ryan is spineless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been rooting for Janine for the last couple of weeks, although I did want Stacey to escape last night. I just think the character has a lot of layers that make her so interesting, her need to be protected by a man yet still have control etc. I particularly love her relationship with Pat as well.
  • batman.batman. Posts: 8,906
    Forum Member
    Ryan is the villain in all of this in my opinion, not Stacey or Janine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the first time I actually felt sorry for her, she really does care about Ryan.
  • loco_localoco_loca Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sympathy shouldn't be wasted on her, people overlook the fact that she taunted a dying man.
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i don't. She nearly poisoned the man to death. What did she expect?. I thought he took it surprisingly well when he found out. I would have at least punched her.
  • mouthalmightymouthalmighty Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just two words. Barry Evans.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When she was going on at Stacey about how Ryan wouldn't want to be with a murderer, I couldn't get poor Barry and his slip-on shoes out of my head. I used to love Janine but think they've made her too twisted this time round - the relationship with Ryan has annoyed me from day one with their stupid dares and then her various stunts that ended up with trying to kill him.

As a "love triangle" it had potential but was let down by bad plot development.

I don't really see where the character can go from here but hopefully the show will pick up in the new year as it's been dire recently and Janine's character will survive to scheme another day.
  • fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she hadn't stabbed herself and tried to frame Stacey for it I might have been sorry for her. I agree Stacey was mean to use Ryan like that when she didn't love him but I think Ryan still deserves better than Janine.

ah but you say it like stacey purposely used ryan. she didn't. it was only at the very end that she realised that what she had with ryan didn't feel the same as what she had with bradley. and she concluded that it never would. she got swept a way momentarily by the idea of having a normal family relationship - father, mother and child. she loved the idea of that as she never thought she could ever have that for herself. sad indeed :cry:
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I love Janine & hated the way she was on the floor grovelling at Ryan's feet like some needy pathetic woman. Rejection always brings out the street fighter in Janine, though, & she's going to want revenge. Those Slaters think they're too cool for school, especially Kat, and I hope Janine takes them down a few pegs. Team Janine all the way.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm fed up with her now. She's not jus a bitch now. She's insane. Trying to kill her husband. Tryimg to keep her husband and groveling on the floor like a luny toons. And then stabbing herself.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a massive credit to Charlie Brooks that she can make a psychopathic character like Janine seem completely sympathetic, when we'd be labeling what's happened to her as just deserts for 99% of all other villains. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »
    I love Janine & hated the way she was on the floor grovelling at Ryan's feet like some needy pathetic woman. Rejection always brings out the street fighter in Janine, though, & she's going to want revenge. Those Slaters think they're too cool for school, especially Kat, and I hope Janine takes them down a few pegs. Team Janine all the way.

Yeah, I agree. Kat's been pretty undermined half of her life, consequently there's a bully not too far from her surface...

The Slaters now have two young girls who've fled Britain to murder charges.

As Kim said, Stacey and Janine aren't that different. I think they're two sides of the same coin really.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fog wrote: »
    ah but you say it like stacey purposely used ryan. she didn't. it was only at the very end that she realised that what she had with ryan didn't feel the same as what she had with bradley. and she concluded that it never would. she got swept a way momentarily by the idea of having a normal family relationship - father, mother and child. she loved the idea of that as she never thought she could ever have that for herself. sad indeed :cry:

Thats a fair point - maybe used was a bit harsh.
  • cloudy80cloudy80 Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    i dont shes evil pure evil