Options

The Bad Crimes Inn - General gossip thread (2)

Comments

• Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuroChris wrote: »
    It's so sad that the beeb have moved out of TVC. What annoys me the most is that it's going to be redeveloped into apartments, cinema etc.

I think it would have been better if the BBC were to hire it out to independent production companies, that way most of them could all be based in the same building. At least that way, the building would still be part of the TV world.
    Some of the building will be rented to new media companies, BBC Worldwide will move into what was the news part of the building and the BBC will continue to operate 3 TV studios meaning the BBC will still be present in 20% of the building.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    gottago wrote: »
    Some of the building will be rented to new media companies, BBC Worldwide will move into what was the news part of the building and the BBC will continue to operate 3 TV studios meaning the BBC will still be present in 20% of the building.

That's good to hear.

I guess it makes sense for them to move to New Broadcasting House and Salford, seeing as TVC is a bit past it's best.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good memories of TVC on that programme last night :)

I only went there once, a long, long time ago, and got gunged by Noel Edmunds - following which I took a bath in Stephen Fry's dressing room!
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it brilliant that pj and Duncan are heading for number 1 this week?:D
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the most astonishing thing I've found out about all this is that they have an album on iTunes with 32 tracks on it that is just £3.49! It's called "The Essential Collection"! I don't think there's anything essential about it whatsoever! :D

I'm listening to all the previews now and they honestly all sound like they're taking the piss! So dreadful! I might buy it.

"Girlfriend" is quite something.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the most astonishing thing I've found out about all this is that they have an album on iTunes with 32 tracks on it that is just £3.49! It's called "The Essential Collection"! I don't think there's anything essential about it whatsoever! :D

I'm listening to all the previews now and they honestly all sound like they're taking the piss! So dreadful! I might buy it.

No future fantasy entries then :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh my, "girlfriend " actually made me lol.

No joke but I think Lets Get Ready to Rhumble is a great song as is "we're on the Ball"
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure; the BBC will probably offer them the Eurovision job next year!

Admittedly, they're a bit on the young side but...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is an iPod touch (2nd gen refurb, I'm not made of money\1) a good present for an 11 year olds birthday?

He's crazy about technology and loves the tablet I got him for Christmas .... I've just run out of ideas now

Main problem I would have is that it would be a better iPod than mine :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Is an iPod touch (2nd gen refurb, I'm not made of money\1) a good present for an 11 year olds birthday?

He's crazy about technology and loves the tablet I got him for Christmas .... I've just run out of ideas now

He's turning 11? I'd go for an FHM subscription for a year.

Cheaper and twice the pleasure
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's turning 11? I'd go for an FHM subscription for a year.

Cheaper and twice the pleasure

I was saving that present for Xmas :p

You'll have these dilemmas soon enough! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was saving that present for Xmas :p

You'll have these dilemmas soon enough! :D

The thought scares me:eek:

Seriously tho, I have no idea about technology.
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never expected this, Passenger's song Let Her Go that was in our Fantasy poll last year has become a bloody big hit out here and looks odds on to be No.1. It's inescapable at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

Unless he's only going to use it for music and videos, it might not be worth the effort. A lot of the games won't work on it any more, and itunes won't let you install anything if it doesn't think it'll work - even Angry Birds needs at least a 3rd gen to run now! He might be able to hack it and trawl the net for older versions of the games that will run, but I'm not sure those are skills you want to teach him this early ;)

If you did want it for an mp3 player, then you might be better off with a iPod Nano, which doesn't have the game problem, and you might be able to get one with more storage for a similar price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    globbits wrote: »
    Unless he's only going to use it for music and videos, it might not be worth the effort. A lot of the games won't work on it any more, and itunes won't let you install anything if it doesn't think it'll work - even Angry Birds needs at least a 3rd gen to run now! He might be able to hack it and trawl the net for older versions of the games that will run, but I'm not sure those are skills you want to teach him this early ;)

If you did want it for an mp3 player, then you might be better off with a iPod Nano, which doesn't have the game problem, and you might be able to get one with more storage for a similar price.

Thanks glob, that's exactly th sort of information i need, i would never have known that!

Currently looking now at nano 5th gen (i don't like the little square ones much)
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy easter to everyone. Hope You are all doing well.... Hugs...
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have any eggs. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone here celebrate Easter? We don't do anything
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone here celebrate Easter? We don't do anything

Im going to celebrate getting double time today :D
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I brought my Niece and Nephew and egg each but I ate one :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not doing anything either. Thought everyone Else was... Will start drinking soon though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Im not doing anything either. Thought everyone Else was... Will start drinking soon though...

That's what I'm doing. A lot of mates are off so wifey is getting the kids and I'm off boozing all afternoon and night(if I make it that long)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I'm doing. A lot of mates are off so wifey is getting the kids and I'm off boozing all afternoon and night(if I make it that long)

Sounds Cool. We'll have fun wont we?
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Bloody sad news that Richard Griffiths has passed away.

He was absolutely iconic as Uncle Monty in Withnail & I.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was a lot older then 65. Loved him in Harry Potter.