Sharon - EE
Rhona - Edale
Nancy - Hollyoaks

Just an observation......:p

Comments

• ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess they want to cover all bases so people are aware of the dangers of taking painkillers
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its whats happening on the streets
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And all are boring
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess they want to cover all bases so people are aware of the dangers of taking painkillers

Isn't it coincidental tho that's they're being covered at the same time. All soaps copy each other with social and medical issues etc
  • Corrie2010Corrie2010 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Sharon's addition mire interesting than Nancy who faces one medical problem after another
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember what it was but a few years ago three soaps had the same storyline/event happening simultanously.

It might have been the tram crash/Janine's car crash/Aaron's boyfriend's car crash?
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    And all are boring

Too true. You'd think you would have a chance of one being vaguely interesting if there are 3 going on :rolleyes:
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,865
    Forum Member
    barkingmad wrote: »
    Sharon - EE
    Rhona - Edale
    Nancy - Hollyoaks

:D
    Also in both Hollyoaks and EE we've had a scene of the characters dropping their pills and then hastily scrabbling around on the floor for them in desperation. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    Also in both Hollyoaks and EE we've had a scene of the characters dropping their pills and then hastily scrabbling around on the floor for them in desperation. :D

Always the way!!!
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon - EE
    Rhona - Edale
    Nancy - Hollyoaks

Its not an addiction but Neighbours are currently doing some Pill storylines!
  • Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    least we get to see Rhona's/Nancy's from the start
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I only watch Emmerdale out of the three mentioned, there's no overkill for me and I'm finding the Rhona sl quite interesting, (mainly because it's not a sl I have seen anywhere else in recent times).

So I'm happy enough. :)
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    I hadn't even noticed Emmerdale had a pill story, or is it still to come:confused:

When things happen in soap land they seem to come in three's.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon - EE
    Rhona - Edale
    Nancy - Hollyoaks

It's a really common problem apparently.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't even noticed Emmerdale had a pill story, or is it still to come:confused:

When things happen in soap land they seem to come in three's.

Rhona was prescribed strong painkillers then stronger ones. She has become addicted to them but it's been low key at the moment. There was a scene at the doctor's where she was told she shouldn't take the pills too often and the doctor lowered the dose to Rhona's dismay.
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this recently. I know soaps all recycle the same storylines, but there's something ridiculous and hilarious about them all showing an episode one after the other, in the same night, with basically the same scenes in them:

6:30 Hollyoaks and Nancy
    7:00 Emmerdale and Rhona
    7:30 Eastenders and Sharon

Just... come on. We know soaps recycle storylines but this does take the piss a bit! Even I can say that and I love my soaps, mostly (not keen on HO, only watch it when my dad/sister have it on or I'm bored at uni).
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cocaine addiction would be more intresting
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »

Name, heroin and hard drug addiction is sooooo last century!!! Nearly all soaps have covered it. The fact that painkillers are prescribed and are legal is an interesting slant on addiction
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Name, heroin and hard drug addiction is sooooo last century!!! Nearly all soaps have covered it. The fact that painkillers are prescribed and are legal is an interesting slant on addiction

You'd think but as it turns out it's very dull. It doesn't seem to affect anyone other than their desperation for it and subsequent no doubt over dose.

At least alcohol fuelled or drugged up Phil was amusing.
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

so interesting you put it twice:D

I think its good that soaps are tackling painkiller addiction, unfortunately it is something I can relate to:(
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like Ry-un in Corrie, (which lasted for about 3 eps and then was never mentioned again)? :D:D

Same as Carla's alcohol dependency. :rolleyes:
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is getting a bit samey, also they all get over their addictions easily and very quickly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Painkiller addiction stories are horribly dull. Only Nancy's one is interesting and that's because Jessica Fox is a master of playing hard-faced/vulnerable all at once. Sharon just comes off an unlikable idiot, and the writing is stupid (she keeps looking surprised when someone walks in on her popping pills in a public place - try disappearing to the toilet next time!).
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollyoaks had it first as Nancy has had issues with painkillers before