Noise coming from neighbours house.

RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
Forum Member
✭✭
For the third night in a row a strange noise has been coming from my neighbours house, it sounds like when dry wind-shield wipers. It really annoyed me on saturday morning after working and expecting a lie in then on saturday I was woken at six in the morning by the noise and again it woke me again around seven on sunday morning, but after about half an hour I fell back asleep and I can hear it again right now.

I feel anxious about asking as I don't want to cause any hassle, but I feel for my sanity I might have to, any advice about doing this nicely?

Comments

• Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drop a tube of KY jelly through the letterbox.
    I'm sure things will go smoothly after that.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    you must investigate in any way you can.I am curious now as to just what this noise is.
    If the occupant has suddenly got a new visitor,it could be shagging by what you have described
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    you must investigate in any way you can.I am curious now as to just what this noise is.
    If the occupant has suddenly got a new visitor,it could be shagging by what you have described
    The OP is seeking advice.
    You want them to investigate if they're "shagging" next door and report back you?
    What further info will you require?
    Frequency?
    Duration?

PS - are you actually wearing clothes as you await the OP's response?
    Forum Member
    You want them to investigate if they're "shagging" next door and report back you?
    What further info will you require?
    Frequency?
    Duration?

chill out,my post was meant as humorous ;-)

I have never heard any domestic noise described as dry windscreen wipers,its amusing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    chill out,my post was meant as humorous ;-)

I have never heard any domestic noise described as dry windscreen wipers,its amusing
    Chill too mick, so was mine.
    What a difference a smile makes :)
    I once heard a friend of mine, who lived in cheap FTB home, say he was fed up listening to "glopping" noises from next door every night:blush:
  • varialectiovarialectio Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serious answer now!

Do they have a tree or bush touching the house? I have an overgrown shrub outside my window and when the wind rubs the branches across the pane of glass it makes that sort of sound.
  • QFourQFour Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be any number of things. Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer, Central Heating Boiler. Are you sure its coming from next door and not somewhere outside. We have a factory nearby and during the summer they have air con on all night and that makes a noise if the windows are open.

The only way you find out is to politely ask if they can hear it as well. They might have pushed something up against a wall without realising.

Look at it the other way what would they do if they thought you were making a noise ..
  • giz a tabgiz a tab Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We once had a coal effect electric fire that had a small fan in the back of it, every so often the fan would make a sqealing noise similar to wiper blades.
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    Washing machine/dryer with a ‘delay timer’ set to come on at 6 a.m. ?

You really need to ask them; .....easier said than done, I know,(depends on your neighbours 'demeanour').
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might have to resort to earplugs if the neighbours are not approachable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Some sort of excercise machine?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You want them to investigate <snip>

Could it be a newly found Rubber fetish and no one has told the neighbour to use talc? When putting on/ removing the suit.
    only an investigation would disprove this.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Make sure the noise is definitely coming from them, We had a neighbour saying there was a weird noise coming from our house. Turned out his tv aerial was loose and rattling in the wind. The way the sound travelled sounded like it came from our side

Mention it, They may be thinking it is you that is making the noise
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The house next door to me is rented and when the tenants moved out somebody turned off the gas but not the boiler. Each evening the boiler was trying to kick in and it made a horrible whining noise. I pushed a note through the door as I knew the owners would pop in at some point.

At the time I had no idea what the noise was, the owner told me after reading my note. No more noise after that.
    Forum Member
    Come on Ron,get your ear on a glass to the wall. :-)
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BooBoo_kw wrote: »
    Some sort of excercise machine?

I was going to suggest this as we heard a weird noise from our neighbours, found out it was a rowing machine when we asked :D