acts with great runs of singles

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
Forum Member
✭✭
Like the Human League 11 classic singles (IMO) from The Sound Of The Crowd to Human.
This run includes Love Action, Don't You Want Me, Mirror Man and (keep feeling) Fascination.
An absolute classic run of singles ...

Comments

• Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone come close to The Beatles?

22 singles from 1962-1970, with 18 No. 1s, and the others in the top 4.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to say Squeeze but having just looked they didn't quite have the chart success they maybe should have.
  • creasecrease Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    warszawa wrote: »
    I was going to say Squeeze but having just looked they didn't quite have the chart success they maybe should have.

The thread doesn't specify hits, so I'm going to have to agree with you, If I can only pick one , XTC managed a good run. No, Buzzcocks ,No, Blondie, No, Stranglers , No, arrghhh.!
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney Spears - say about her what you want, but her singles are absolutely golden. A perfect run from Baby One More Time up until Scream and Shout. So 1998-2013. That's about 34 singles.
    I guess its all down to a matter of opinion.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    + Work Bitch which was #7 in 2013. ;)
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Britney Spears - say about her what you want, but her singles are absolutely golden. A perfect run from Baby One More Time up until Scream and Shout. So 1998-2013. That's about 34 singles.

I'd agree with Britney.

I think Sugababes had a great run of singles between Freak Like Me (2002) and No Can Do (2008). A great run completely ruined by the bloody awful Get Sexy.

I think JT has also had a great run of singles from Like I Love You to Not A Bad Thing (or whatever the final single for 20/20 - 2 of 2 was)
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kool and the gang
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    The ones that spring to mind for me are

Elvis
    Beatles
    Abba
    Rhianna
    Black Eyed Peas
    The Eagles
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    ABBA
    Madonna
    The Beatles
    Whitney Houston
    Kylie
    Michael Jackson
    Britney
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Steps
    Girls aloud
    Westlife

All but 2 of the spice girls singles were number one and one of them was number 2
  • BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Kylie's had a fantastic run of singles.
  • BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »

Her run was ruined by Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know and I Love Rock 'n' Roll. If only Don't Go Knockin' On My Door and Cinderella had been released instead....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »

I am actually kind of shocked that singles i remember from Squeeze that in my memory were huge not only didn't make the top ten, didn't make the top twenty some didn't even make the top forty !! Like Pulling Muscle and Tempted. How can this be ?
  • Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Original 2 Unlimited 16 top 40 hits and 15 of them were Top 20 with 8 top ten singles. pretty impressive .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually kind of shocked that singles i remember from Squeeze that in my memory were huge not only didn't make the top ten, didn't make the top twenty some didn't even make the top forty !! Like Pulling Muscle and Tempted. How can this be ?

Who knows. They should have all been top three.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.E.M. from 'The one i Love' in 1987 upto 'E-bow The Letter' in 1996, 23 fantastic singles, i am too lazy to write them all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duran Duran
    from Hungry Like The Wolf (1982) thru to Notorious (1986) ten top ten singles, 2 number ones and 2 number two's.
    Is There Something I Should Know entered the chart at number one, the DDs were only about the 9th act to have achieved that at the time.
  • zackai48zackai48 Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch- great singles in the sixties. Also The Hollies and Manfred Mann.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Original 2 Unlimited 16 top 40 hits and 15 of them were Top 20 with 8 top ten singles. pretty impressive .

Which is a 'great run of singles' but definitely not a 'run of great singles'.
  • Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For what 2 Unlimited were the sale figures were pretty damn Impressive . Along with the great run of singles they also had 2 uk number 1 albums as well.
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.Rex and Slade
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.Rex and Slade

Yes ... and to a lesser extent Sweet, i think they had 3 singles get to number 2 ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spandau Ballet had a load of hit singles.
  • Kirsty_Jones90Kirsty_Jones90 Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Which is a 'great run of singles' but definitely not a 'run of great singles'.

somehow I liked the female 2 Unlimited's output in 98 much more than the original line up, I thought Maximum overdrive is the top of the cheesy cake
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy perry I kissed a Girl to Roar as much as I love unconditionally on reflection dark horse should've taken it's place.

Kate Bush 1978 to King Of The Mountain simply flawless.