STAR TREK: a new series

NO STAR TREK TV SHOW IN A DECADE NOW. the reboot movies are a financial success though. ITS TIME FOR A TREK REBOOT. AL THE TREKKIES WANNA over the world wanna see the biggest sci-fi franchise back on the TV.

so here we go. who do u wanna see cast in the reboot.

heres MY PITCH: set in the 25 century. starring Christian bale as the captain. the starship U.S.S TITAN.
also featuring Emily van camp, Emilia Clarke, Idris Elba, Tricia Helfer and Willem Dafoe.
and we can have the enigmatic Neil Patrick 'NPH' Harris as the omnipotent Q. (maybe this is a different Q).

guest appearances from Trek alumni will occur and the occasional spooky resonance of John Delancie's voice will continue to follow the Titan around the galaxy wherever it goes.

what do you think?

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to be a bit realistic. Emilia Clarke won't commit to another television show when she plays one of the most key characters in Game of Thrones.

I do think there should be another star trek series and I think television is ready for it.
  • James_PicardJames_Picard Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    she could get killed off. plus Thrones is bound to end in the next few years probably. can't go forever. anew ST programme would take a few years to get in the works.

also how do I put pictures in. I spent ages Photoshopping this and I can't even insert a pic :(
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or they could try some new actors (with requisite rubbery bits glued to their heads) so they can have some money left over for the all-important polystyrene and paint because everyone always looks at the CGI sequences of stuff that doesn't exist and complain how it all looks so fake :p

The going boldly etc I think would be best served by a clean separation rather than have too many of the familiar characters beyond the 'core' team. There would also be the danger of a weekly 'spot the re-hashed script' contest because if there's one skill in modern scriptwriting it's the ability to blatantly rip someone else's storyline (or just copy one from an earlier series and change the names) without getting sued.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I would honestly rather see a complete reboot, something set aside from Roddenberry and Abrams. Doesn't have to feature the crew of the Enterprise either (though a cameo by them wouldn't be a bad idea).

I do think though that they should wait until they've wrapped up the new movies. ST3 is out 2017 (I think?) and there's rumours of a 4th too (Pine and Quinto have signed on for a 4th if it goes ahead). A new Trek series would be brilliant; but it needs to be for the right reasons, and not just because.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the one about Worf which I read he wants to make hope it gets picked up.
    Forum Member
    That series has been rumoured for what seems like a decade or two (obviously it hasn't been 20 years though). I think, if that was going to be picked up, it would have happened by now. :/
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she could get killed off. plus Thrones is bound to end in the next few years probably. can't go forever. anew ST programme would take a few years to get in the works.

also how do I put pictures in. I spent ages Photoshopping this and I can't even insert a pic :(

You can't, DS doesn't allow it. You would have to find a host and provide a link.
  • James_PicardJames_Picard Posts: 232
    Forum Member

hes too old. hes like 63 now.
    and a show just about Klingons would run outta steam pretty soon IMO.
    Forum Member
    If I remember correctly, it wasn't a show about Klingons; it was a show about Worf with a command of his own (on a Starfleet ship).

But yeah, it's not going to happen now so...
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Riker the Captain of the Titan?

If there's a new Star Trek TV show it'll be Kirk and Spock on the USS Enterprise with some re-imaginings much like the recent Battlestar Galactica.

The franchise just doesn't have the pull and sway that it used to and Captain Random on the USS Whatever just won't cut it.
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think a new star trek series series could work just as long as it doesn't do the same length as previous series. A 12 or 13 episode run with an arc over those 13 episodes. I find most 20 odd episode seasons have quite a few eps of unnecessary filler. I quite like the idea of a lost star ship ala voyager but without the unesssary filler. I always thought it was a nice idea but poor execution
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    I personally think a new star trek series series could work just as long as it doesn't do the same length as previous series. A 12 or 13 episode run with an arc over those 13 episodes. I find most 20 odd episode seasons have quite a few eps of unnecessary filler. I quite like the idea of a lost star ship ala voyager but without the unesssary filler. I always thought it was a nice idea but poor execution

Yep, this. All of this.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Give it to Sulu on the USS - OH MY!!!

They could boldly go where no man has gone before...
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still surprised they never did a series set in Starfleet Academy, wasn't there one in development once?
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know the rivalry between us Whovians and Trekkies?

Well, I have no interest in this show but can we shake hands as opposing fandoms and end the stupid, pointless rivalry nonsense?
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, I have no interest in this show but can we shake hands as opposing fandoms and end the stupid, pointless rivalry nonsense?

Whoa, wind your neck in fanboy! Nobody here has said anything of the sort. The only 'nonsense' here is your post trying to provoke.
    I'm a fan of both Star Trek and Dr.Who and so are many of my friends who like both as well as friends that only prefer one or the other. It's simply a matter of taste and nothing else. There's no 'rivalry' in the real world.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa, wind your neck in fanboy! Nobody here has said anything of the sort. The only 'nonsense' here is your post trying to provoke.
    I'm a fan of both Star Trek and Dr.Who and so are many of my friends who like both as well as friends that only prefer one or the other. It's simply a matter of taste and nothing else. There's no 'rivalry' in the real world.

I'm not trying to provoke, I'm trying to stop the rivalry you see everywhere between the two factions because it's annoying and I don't see why everyone can't get along. As a Whovian, I have no problems with Trekkies yet you even see members of both sides hitting the news for fighting each other at conventions.

Not seen if any of it is going on in this thread but it is time both the fandom I'm part of and Trekkies shaked hands and agree to get along.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nobody mentioned the stupid rivalry until you did.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christian Bale LOL. He doesn't do TV only movies.

I have to be honest but I got bored with the Klingons:o
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hes too old. hes like 63 now.
    The next series might not even take place in the Primeline. It's probable it will take place in the new films timeline, capatilising in the success of the films. Set around the kick era, but not on the Enterprise. In any case nothing will happen until after Star Trek Beyond at least.
    You'd think so, but look at Vikings, great series. You could easily substitute them for Klingons, setting it in the Trek universe, even Khaless = Ragnar.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I cannot fathom why in any sane person's mind, a person can't like Trek and Wars and Who. I mean I've got enough love for all of them.

Or why someone has to be Man U OR Leeds (football teams :D:p) Or Ben and Jerry's OR Haagan Dazs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    I cannot fathom why in any sane person's mind, a person can't like Trek and Wars and Who. I mean I've got enough love for all of them.

Or why someone has to be Man U OR Leeds (football teams :D:p) Or Ben and Jerry's OR Haagan Dazs

I love Star Trek Star Wars doctor who and even battlestar gallactica. I don't see why you can't like all of them. Being honest I didn't even realise there was this big massive feud with Star Trek and doctor who fans until dalekbuster mentioned it in this thread. I must be living under a rock or something
  • PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's much too soon for a new series. At least another decade or more needed to wipe out the stench of the last 2 series & the Abrams movies.
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not trying to provoke, I'm trying to stop the rivalry you see everywhere between the two factions because it's annoying and I don't see why everyone can't get along. As a Whovian, I have no problems with Trekkies yet you even see members of both sides hitting the news for fighting each other at conventions.

Not seen if any of it is going on in this thread but it is time both the fandom I'm part of and Trekkies shaked hands and agree to get along.

Since 1991 I have actively been part of organised fandom, I have also been involved with putting together large scale Doctor Who conventions throughout the 1990s and never in the many, many years (and the thousands of people I met) during and after my input, have I ever come across this 'faction' scenario as though it was some kind of wishful thinking on your part that a fantasy between two shows or teams, who in your mind are like some fictional sworn enemies akin to Gryffindor or Slytherin to appease your mind.

Yes, there have been disagreements and altercations at conventions but you'll find that at any organised event be it a business convention, football match, even weddings!
    And in my experience, nine out of ten incidents were caused by people that knew each other and came to the conventions together and the arguments were definitely NOT about any television programme.
    What were you doing during the 1990s?
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    I love Star Trek Star Wars doctor who and even battlestar gallactica. I don't see why you can't like all of them. Being honest I didn't even realise there was this big massive feud with Star Trek and doctor who fans until dalekbuster mentioned it in this thread. I must be living under a rock or something
    There isn't really, this kind of nonsense doesn't usually go beyond the Dwayne Dibbley types.